IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to penalize the servers who lie and who force the reconnections ?, Ok it is like that since any years but it can't continue like that
CS|kOoL
post Nov 15 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Sergeant Major

Group: Members

Member No.: 131459

Hi all,

All is in the title.

Ok it is like that since any years but how to penalize the servers who use any fakes servers and who use any direct play for forcing the reconnections ?

This game doesn't desserve it because we know by advance that when a story beghins by a lie & after when it's forced...it smells never good. hammer.gif

For my part i think that these kinds of practices are as any cheats as well or say me how to name them... doof.gif

Finally i don't understand because concretely all these low admins have nothing to do in our community...moreover who will say the contrast except them ?

I mean at least it would be logical if these 'servers' could be removed from 'SL'. thanks.gif

And i don't talk about the 'corrupted files' & 'conflict of direct play' who often make game crash or the game refuses to start...

Unfortunaly the new players don't know how to fix it then they stop to play cause it. crash.gif

These practices destroy in depth our community and nowadays the effects of these practices are worse because while this time we are less in less to play at this game... spanking.gif

Seriously we know all any servers who use these kinds of low practices then the community would be cleaned up fastly and easily.

Actually the rules of the game are not the same for all , what a pity because there are really any admins who work hard for nothing... bash.gif

It can't continue like that !!

This post has been edited by CS|kOoL: Nov 16 2015, 11:11 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
$mart
post Nov 18 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Major

Member No.: 59683

So now I understand you talk about my server lol

And I destroy the SL community ????

Just because there is one supplemental button who makes '/connect smart.servequake.com' ???

Don't worry, these modifications will be forbidden with 0.9.0 version of silentmod.

Off-course fake-servers must be off SL, but most of clan servers have a modified UI, ok sometimes very ugly, sometimes well done like yours, sometimes tiny like my button, so ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
CS|kOoL
post Nov 18 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Sergeant Major

Member No.: 131459

QUOTE ($mart @ Nov 18 2015, 09:06 PM) *
So now I understand you talk about my server lol

And I destroy the SL community ????

Just because there is one supplemental button who makes '/connect smart.servequake.com' ???

Don't worry, these modifications will be forbidden with 0.9.0 version of silentmod.

Off-course fake-servers must be off SL, but most of clan servers have a modified UI, ok sometimes very ugly, sometimes well done like yours, sometimes tiny like my button, so ...

Hi,

I have nothing against u , don't worry , i meant u use a direct play & u know it as me ditsch.gif .

For my part , the problem it is maybe my experience/my tests i have done since any years...i guess your game has only your direct play...but have u tried to go on few servers who have any direct play as well ?

If no u are right , these are especially the servers fake who would be to delete from 'SL' at least...because since any years there are really any admins who work hard for nothing.

But everyone know but finally 'SL' & 'TB' endorse it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Oct 21 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Colonel

Group: Management

Member No.: 97334

so still nothing done about that ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 21 2016, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

I've read this a few times, Kate, but I have no idea what the subject is refering to. Forcing reconnections on servers? Fake servers? What is a fake server gruebel.gif ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoerFaktoR
post Oct 21 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 91640

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Oct 21 2016, 01:40 PM) *
I've read this a few times, Kate, but I have no idea what the subject is refering to. Forcing reconnections on servers? Fake servers? What is a fake server gruebel.gif ?

--> http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760133 <--is a fake server

<-- first three servers are fake servers

A fake server is shown in the masterlist with a lot of fake players which are NOT on this server.
If you try to connect to this server you will redirect to an other server with maybe less or no players.
If you see a server with more than 64 slots or 64 players and all players aren't assigned to a team then thats an fake server (fake server also most of time have only one map in their map pool).
Just ignore those servers... We from splatterladder can't do anything against such cheaters , except to disable the server rating and set them to ignore (fake server won't be listed anymore on splatterladder). ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 21 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #7

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Oct 21 2016, 04:00 PM) *
A fake server is shown in the masterlist with a lot of fake players which are NOT on this server.
If you try to connect to this server you will redirect to an other server with maybe less or no players.

I never knew that, Stoer, thanks for the info cheers.gif thanks.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
ETc|Jay
post Oct 21 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Major General

Member No.: 18126

ZITAT(StoerFaktoR @ Oct 21 2016, 03:00 PM) *
<-- first three servers are fake servers

thats are all fake servers not only the first 3 :) fa spams a little bit to much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Oct 21 2016, 10:01 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Member No.: 31172

Maybe we should do it like the Police in Demolition Man: Stop it... or else 01lol.gif
Check 0:53 grin.gif

ET is dead and only few servers survived with a lot of players. There is nothing we can do to stop such behaviour, its just a weak point those server admins use to get more players. Is it fair for all others? No - yes - should all do that?

Concentrate on your servers and show quality and find regulars that want quality over quantity.
But as we all know. You can have the best server in qualioty - if no one plays on it, it will stay empty and the players will move to lower quality or even crappy servers, just because there are people playing. Thats the way of online games...

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post
ETc|Jay
post Oct 21 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #10

Group Icon Major General

Member No.: 18126

you could stop it with removing all official fa and dri servers from the list. they have alot of fake servers on the masterlist. if they dont care to be here on serverlist, they can continue his spam.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ETSNEAK
post Nov 4 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #11

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 135789

QUOTE (ETc|Jay @ Oct 21 2016, 04:23 PM) *
you could stop it with removing all official fa and dri servers from the list. they have alot of fake servers on the masterlist. if they dont care to be here on serverlist, they can continue his spam.

I've said this for a very long time. FA has a long history of corruption and lies and it doesn't start with these servers. It's completely unfair for them to have ANY servers listed since they're cheating this way. All tracker sites should remove all fake servers from listing for the duration of the time that they have been cheating then add extra time where they are banned from being tracked as punishment for their deceitful behavior. Players should also not be tracked there and ratings should be modified to not include the servers that cheated. People should take a stand to this nonsense and prevent the cheating servers from gaining more popularity they don't deserve. Expect an FA admin to come posting lies and claim they "have proof" of me being a cheater. It's the same thing they've done for a while now whenever I oppose any of their decisions and calling them out for being wrong was how it all started. They are comparable to American democrat controlled media as they twist things around and do unethical things like using corrupt positions to invent "data" to use as "proof".

+Quote Post
Nico'x
post Nov 15 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #12

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 120893

QUOTE (sneak310 @ Nov 4 2016, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE (ETc|Jay @ Oct 21 2016, 04:23 PM) *

I've said this for a very long time. FA has a long history of corruption and lies and it doesn't start with these servers. It's completely unfair for them to have ANY servers listed since they're cheating this way. All tracker sites should remove all fake servers from listing for the duration of the time that they have been cheating then add extra time where they are banned from being tracked as punishment for their deceitful behavior. Players should also not be tracked there and ratings should be modified to not include the servers that cheated. People should take a stand to this nonsense and prevent the cheating servers from gaining more popularity they don't deserve. Expect an FA admin to come posting lies and claim they "have proof" of me being a cheater. It's the same thing they've done for a while now whenever I oppose any of their decisions and calling them out for being wrong was how it all started. They are comparable to American democrat controlled media as they twist things around and do unethical things like using corrupt positions to invent "data" to use as "proof".

Hey,

You are totally right, I have the same think as you about them,
That's why I don't play there since 2 or 3 years ago. Few times I saw that FA server Im not sure was it Silent or nQ, about 3 years ago, I saw that server had alot players in there, when I entered the server there was only bots and few real players. So they added Ip's to bots so on tracker it will say they are real players, and Im sure thats the way why their servers are so popular and full. Just agree to remove all servers with fake players like DRI and some of FA. Why?
Its not fair towards other servers. Alot of silent or any mod servers have alot stuff and effort in making but because of these if I can call them bastards steling players, that servers are not popular and other clans are dieing. Thats all from me.

Cheers,
Nico

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Jun 28 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #13

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 97334

from what i heard with the next etlegacy version , this problem will be gone : all fake servers will not be show anymore in the servers list

This post has been edited by macbeth: Jun 28 2018, 12:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sadFace:(
post Oct 12 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #14

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 134403

Yeah but only a minority of the playerbase uses Legacy, not a fix at all imho

--------------------

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Oct 12 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 90298

QUOTE (sadFace:( @ Oct 12 2018, 10:30 AM) *
Yeah but only a minority of the playerbase uses Legacy, not a fix at all imho

Well, it's a fix for the minority that plays ET:Legacy. Since the official gameversion (2.60b) doesn't include that fix and the chances for a new official release being basically non-existent, this is the best the ET community can get.
Unfortunately, this has to be prevent on the game side and therefore requires an updated gameversion.
Let's hope that with the next version, the majority of ET players will see the benefits and switch over. After all, at some point everyone made the switch from 2.55 to 2.60b as well.
But as the voice actor of the standard maps puts it, "only time....will.....tell."

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:49 AM