Closed TopicStart new topic
> Servers again..
Kamz
post Oct 5 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #1

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Group: Members

Member No.: 94045

A carry on (if you will) from skooli's earlier topic in this section. Yesterday, once again 2 competitive matches in ET were targetted by some kids. They are managing to find the IP (they don't even need to know the password) from browsing servers on your website. The attacker/s manage to ddos the server without physically being present on the server, all they require is the IP address of the server. It doesn't matter about where it's hosted, they seem to be able to do it to any server, even if the server stops reporting to the master server, it still remains present on this site. The game becomes unplayable for the players as it lags everybody to the point they can't even move. This is beginning to be a trend now, and is happening in all the major matches in the competitive ET scene. I am wondering if something can be done about this? Is it possible that private servers cannot be browsed so easily anymore? Something like this has the potential to kill the competitive scene of what's left of this game.

Also, you stated about security in your previous topic. The servers are all secure. That doesn't matter at all for the attacker/s. They can ddos any server in ET that they like but they are only doing it to the competitive matches where hundreds of spectators are watching on ETTV.

Please understand and try your best to co-operate. I really appreciate your service and think you have done a wonderful job for the game.

Thanks, Kamz.

This post has been edited by Kamz: Oct 5 2010, 04:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NHLfan
post Oct 6 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 366

Since the Server still is attacked, it seems the server is not secure enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kamz
post Oct 6 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #3

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 94045

Like I said, it's nothing to do with the servers. Servers that have been attacked are from a wide range of hosts from different countries. They manage to ddos anything they like, they could probably take this site down if they really wanted to

+Quote Post
NHLfan
post Oct 6 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #4

I can only repeat: Your server doesn't seem to be secure enough, otherwise your firewall would just drop these attacks.
It HAS to do with your server
There is nothing we can fix.

Since this topic was already discussed, with the same result. I close this topic
It's your server, it's your Responsibility to make it secure enough, don't point your finger on a Service Site again. period.

In the other topic the author was informed, that he should contact us to tell us the server IP, that didn't happen. So this thread is just a joke.
Even if you send us the IP-address wouldn't mean that your server gets removed, because there are more important issues right now.

creating another threads about this topic will probably result in getting deleted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NHLfan
post Oct 7 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #5

just for the protocol:
after I closed this thread I got 3 PM's from 3 different users, two of these PM's had the same content.
the third one was a threat to ddos this website
none of these PM's informed me about the concerning server.

So for the people out there, don't be surprised if the website is down the next few days, you know who to blame...
The whole discussion about this topic is just a big fat joke from people who do not know how to secure their gameserver.
even if the server-ip is removed from splatterladder, they'll get attacked, but it seems it's not easy for them to understand this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:28 PM