Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speed
xKainx
post Jun 13 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members

Member No.: 72798

How are all those top players move so fast side to side?

Im not newbie.I have skills and aim but that speed i dont have.

This post has been edited by xKainx: Jun 13 2008, 01:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_dnstuff_*
post Jun 13 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Guests

bestest strafe technique ,

btw what skillz u have ? 2.55 etpub

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jun 13 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Group: Management

Member No.: 31172

Maybe they just combine a good technique with a good script to gain an advantage against people that dont use scripts or dont know the techniques. Also some years of experience might help them zwinker2.gif

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post
xKainx
post Jun 14 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #4

Private

Member No.: 72798

Well i been playin on 2.56(started there) then went to 2.60b. i play et-core box snl stopwatch and other...

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jun 14 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #5

A good technical equipement may also be an advantage (dont ask me i use basic mouse lol).

--------------------
cheers Tom

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post
Billdoe
post Jun 15 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 65920

This is a good question. I have had the same happen to me.

Other players can out run me in a straight line almost 2 to 1, even though I have full stamina, and I'm press the spint key (shift).

Now this is just a staight line.

When they are in a fire fight with me, they can move side to side, forward and back, jump, etc., so fast, it is almost like they are "Warping".

I have even had these "Fast" players just run around me, in a circle, so fast, that I can't even spin around fast enough to catch them with one bullet.
Now, I'm just pivoting, or swinging my gun around, in other words, I'm not running at all, just spinning, and they are about 2 to 3 body lengths distance from me, running in a circle around me while shooting, and I can't even spin my mouse fast enough to catch them. Something's up.

I even bought a new computor, with the latest technology, but with no help.

Usually, these "fast" players, are on a "Jaymod" server, (but not always), so everyone has about the same FPS of "43". Also, I have noticed that my "Ping" is usually lower, as much as half, (I have broad band), so I don't think it's a good connection, or script, that makes them faster.

I have asked those "Fast" players, after the map ends, (and we are waiting for the next), how they are moving so fast. No reply. I've even asked if they are using something like "xBox" instead of a computer. No reply. Not one has ever replied.

Is it possible to change just one player's settings, (such as gravity, or speed), if you are an "admin" on the server? If so, wouldn't Punk Buster catch that?

I have noticed that SlatterLadder sometimes doesn't rate a map session, because of the following reason: "TO MANY DESTRUBING FACTORS".
I have also noticed, that these SplattLadder "non-rated sessions", are on the maps, that had the “fast" player online, on that server. When the fast player leaves, but I remain playing, those next maps are all of a sudden “Rated" by SlatterLadder.

This is good, because those “Fast Player" maps, were unfair, and should not affect anyone’s rating. “Good Job" to SlatterLadder , but what is it that you see, spanking.gif that Punk Buster does not?

This post has been edited by Billdoe: Jun 15 2008, 10:54 PM

--------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
Nor the most intelligent,
But the one most responsive to change.

Investigate, Improvise, Adapt, and then Overcome

+Quote Post
Guest_dnstuff_*
post Jun 16 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #7

Guests

wow are u drunk , ? Don't give me that crap "fast player" maps wth u meaning man . no random will ever reply to u in-game if u ask such nonsens ..

i'lolD

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jun 16 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #8

easy dns grin.gif

I believe this is a script thing combined with long time experience and maybe a good optical/laser mouse and speedpad or smth. Allthough not many ppl will tell you why they are faster zwinker2.gif

--------------------
cheers Tom

+Quote Post
sillas
post Jun 26 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Sergeant First Class

Member No.: 52894

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

ditsch.gif

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

\o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/

+Quote Post
Billdoe
post Jul 2 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (TomDome @ Jun 16 2008, 11:43 AM) *
easy dns grin.gif

I believe this is a script thing combined with long time experience and maybe a good optical/laser mouse and speedpad or smth. Allthough not many ppl will tell you why they are faster zwinker2.gif

Thank you Tom, for your “Equal Respect" approach moderating. I am sure that DNS did not mean to come off quite so harsh, but thank you for your understanding, that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Unless of course, someone keeps asking the same question over and over again, while disregarding others, helpful, legitimate answers.

At first, I thought there must be something other than scripting and hardware, (Fast Mouse), that would allow these players to move (physically)so much faster than I could, especially with Punk Buster activated, ensuring an equal playing field.

Although I did not believe that you were that knowledgeable on this particular subject, you did gain my respect as an honest, compassionate person trying to be helpful.

Therefore, I could not dismiss the fact that you were trying to guide me in the right direction, and to give you the benefit of the doubt. So against my will, you inspired me, to “Make a Self Sacrifice for the Team", (Newbies), and I began to search . . . and read . . . and search, . . . and read, hour after hour, night after night, into the wee morning hours, and I believe I have found a link that backs up what you were saying all along. (Correct me if I am wrong).

http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_t...strictions.html

The link describes some scripting concerning the FPS and connection Cvars. And although I do not know anything about scripting, (other than writing batch files in DOS), perhaps some of our more ET game engine, and script knowledgeable readers, (Such as DNS) could enlighten a “Newbie" on their interpretation, of this links references, to scripts modifying “Connection and FPS, Cvars".

I’m just trying to level the playing field for not only myself but other “Newbies", who don’t want to learn scripting, but just want to play the game on a level playing field.

Whew, I did not know that there are so many Cvar variables that you could modify. Apparently there are some elaborate scripts out there; Example:

Not only can you change your ability to hit and damage the enemy, then automatically change the enemy’s ability to hit and damage you, (say just while you are reloading), and then automatically and immediately change back (after reloading), to allow you to better hit the enemy, and on and on and on.

The user doesn’t supply any input other than the original script, that auto loads at game start-up. It boggles the mind of a person who just wants to “Play" ET fairly, on a level playing field.

If possible, maybe someone could post a short script modifying the Cvar variables for the best “Connection, FPS, Snaps and Packets", and whatever else they deem necessary, so I can, (if nothing else), just run at the same speed, (Even if it may be just to run away from a more skilled player, until my skills improve).

respect.gif

Investigate, Improvise, Adapt, and then Overcome.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Billdoe

This post has been edited by Billdoe: Jul 3 2008, 01:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jul 3 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #11

Hi Billdoe,

no problem at all, i think dns knows that i dont wanted to blame him for anything zwinker2.gif

Letrs get back to the config stuff:

To be honest i use a nearly original cfg by myself which ma be one reason along with the fact that i am low skilled ( rolleye.gif ) that i normally dont go straight up on the sl grin.gif

The only "modifications" i use in my cfg are these:

seta scr_conspeed "9999" // Console Geschwindigkeit - console speed
seta sv_screenshake "0"
seta cg_shadows "0" // keine Schatten - dont show shadows
seta cg_atmosphericeffects "0" // kein Regen oder Schneefall - dont show rain or snow falling
seta cg_wolfparticles "0" // keine Explosionen - dont show explosioneffects
seta com_maxfps "333" // 333 fps - set here your fps (depends on hardware)
seta cl_maxpackets "100" // flüssigeres Spielen - improves a smoother gameplay
seta rate "40000" // dto. - improves a smoother gameplay
seta cg_fov "110" // 90 ist standard Sicht - 90 is standard view

Ofcourse these settings dont work on all servers (especially rate and maxpackets), the maximum settings you may use on the server are set serversided and the client (you) can´t use other settings as the server accepts, you even might get autokicked by Punkbuster on some servers if you change your rate (depends on the PB setting and the timelimit it allows you to change it to an accepted setting).

Some servers even allow timenudge to be set in a positive or negative way which is in my eyes a kind of cheating (leaking knowledge of the serveradmin imo).

The settings for maxfps depend straight to your PC-hardware. Try to find a setting where the fps are stable, that gives you a good smooth movement (imo). 333, 125 or 128, 76 and 43 are "magic" fps that help you to jump higher (mostly on Trickjump maps) so it might be easier to reach higher places but only if the fps are totally constant. Maxpackets are good if set high if you have a fast internet connection, lower is better with a slower connection.

I also increased my gamma settings manually to a kinda high value so the "dark places" in some maps are more visible so theres no hiding in that areas on most maps grin.gif My other settings from the et menue are set to highest graphics that are possible in et (i wanna see a et as a good graphics game), while many others use the simplest graphics settings to get a good contrast between the map and the opponents.

I have also found many scripts in the past 2 years on the net with stuff like "jumpattack" which means you jump with speed to an approaching enemy and shoot at him with changed fov setting and stuff, what might be a helpful thing but thats not gaming anymore for me (im no script kiddie).

If i really concentrate for some days, i get a pretty good gain in skill (in my eyes) for some time and am able to make some "good" games.

If you want to try different settings to find a good config for you, i suggest to install another copy of et so you can use one installation for your cfg tests to prevent messing up your current config. If you change the wrong parameters you might mess up your config zwinker2.gif

Long word short result: not really helpful and not explaining the behaviour you encountered but maybe a little help on your way to a good working config for you.

Cheers Tom cheers.gif

--------------------
cheers Tom

+Quote Post
Billdoe
post Jul 3 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #12

01lol.gif(6)
QUOTE (TomDome @ Jul 2 2008, 07:20 PM) *
Hi Billdoe,

no problem at all, i think dns knows that i dont wanted to blame him for anything zwinker2.gif

Letrs get back to the config stuff:

To be honest i use a nearly original cfg by myself which ma be one reason along with the fact that i am low skilled ( rolleye.gif ) that i normally dont go straight up on the sl grin.gif

The only "modifications" i use in my cfg are these:

(Removed By Me, to save space, "Billdoe")

Of course these settings dont work on all servers (especially rate and maxpackets), the maximum settings you may use on the server are set serversided and the client (you) can´t use other settings as the server accepts, you even might get autokicked by Punkbuster on some servers if you change your rate (depends on the PB setting and the timelimit it allows you to change it to an accepted setting).

Some servers even allow timenudge to be set in a positive or negative way which is in my eyes a kind of cheating (leaking knowledge of the serveradmin imo).

The settings for maxfps depend straight to your PC-hardware. Try to find a setting where the fps are stable, that gives you a good smooth movement (imo). 333, 125 or 128, 76 and 43 are "magic" fps that help you to jump higher (mostly on Trickjump maps) so it might be easier to reach higher places but only if the fps are totally constant. Maxpackets are good if set high if you have a fast internet connection, lower is better with a slower connection.

I also increased my gamma settings manually to a kinda high value so the "dark places" in some maps are more visible so theres no hiding in that areas on most maps grin.gif My other settings from the et menue are set to highest graphics that are possible in et (i wanna see a et as a good graphics game), while many others use the simplest graphics settings to get a good contrast between the map and the opponents.

I have also found many scripts in the past 2 years on the net with stuff like "jumpattack" which means you jump with speed to an approaching enemy and shoot at him with changed fov setting and stuff, what might be a helpful thing but thats not gaming anymore for me (im no script kiddie).

If i really concentrate for some days, i get a pretty good gain in skill (in my eyes) for some time and am able to make some "good" games.

If you want to try different settings to find a good config for you, i suggest to install another copy of et so you can use one installation for your cfg tests to prevent messing up your current config. If you change the wrong parameters you might mess up your config zwinker2.gif

Long word short result: not really helpful and not explaining the behaviour you encountered but maybe a little help on your way to a good working config for you.

Cheers Tom cheers.gif

nicken.gif

Actually, Tom, you've done it again. You’re reply post, was just what I needed, to get me interested, and motivated, and yes , I would say even excited, to climb back down into that “Sulfur and Brimstone Pit" that I call “Scripting".

Those few lines of Cvar mods, was just what I needed, to get me in gear again. But you also, said something, that I think was very profound, and I have to say Tom, THANK YOU. You get an “Atta a Boy", and a “Gold Star", from me.

You said to install a clean version of ET, for the default Cvar settings. Now I needed that piece of info, because I know I’ve change some things, (Cvars/Scripts) and my ET runs slower now, that before.

This is because there are so many conflicting posts and opinions, about what Cvar does what, how it affects things, and to what value, if any, to set them to. Furthermore, it seems that everyone is a “Know it all", as well.

They explain in great, “Convincing" detail, why the person’s post, just above theirs, is completely incorrect. Yes, they are very convincing, (should have been lawyers) and so I follow their “Tweaking" directions.

Then a few days later, as I continue to follow new posts to the same thread, I find another conflicting opinion, by another convincing “Know it all", and then another, and then another. All of these different opinions, and conflicting posts, to the same thread.
(Sometimes by the first “Know it All", contradicting himself, from a previous post, IN THE SAME THREAD).

I just love playing the ET game, and I’m sure you can see why I love that “Sulfur and Brimstone Pit" that I call “Scripting" so much more. I share your opinion about “minimal" scripts; I just wish everyone else felt the same.

I would of thought that a person could “One Click" in ET, and reset the Cvar variables to their original defaults, but unfortunately everyone tells me “There is not". You would have to remember which one you have modified, and then, line by line; modify them back to their “Default Values".

This is because originally, it was believed that just the game’s user interface was all that was needed to bring every player together on an equal playing field, (because of slow connection/ping/ outdated hardware, Etc).

Nevertheless, let me get back to the topic. “A separate clean install", now that is just a brilliant, visionary idea, (so I wouldn’t be “Chasing my Tail", so to speak). I’ll let you know how I’m progressing.

Thanks again Tom,

I greatly appreciate your opinion and help.

cheers.gif I’m excited.

Now where’s that wooden ladder, I left it right over here by the “Pit" . . . , rolleye.gif, depp.gif, bash.gif, OOPs, It's not the fall I'm afraid of, . . . it's that darn quick stop, . . . and then there is all that bouncing, . . Ouch, . . motz.gif Who left this ladder down here? gruebel.gif , Mnnnnnnnn 01lol.gif

This post has been edited by Billdoe: Jul 4 2008, 04:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lolsters
post Aug 6 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #13

Private

Member No.: 74858

Just bind mouse1 with run.
Then you run while you shoot.
Lame..

+Quote Post
sillas
post Aug 7 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #14

Group Icon Sergeant First Class

Member No.: 52894

ZITAT(lolsters @ Aug 6 2008, 10:29 PM) *
Just bind mouse1 with run.
Then you run while you shoot.
Lame..

yea i hate this sprint+shot-script guys :SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

\o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/ \\o o// \o/

+Quote Post
Billdoe
post Oct 11 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #15

Hello,

Sorry it has been such a long time, for me to update this post. I had forgotton about it, to tell the truth.
I found the reason why players could out run me, back when I made this original post, as a wet behind the ears, 'Newbie".

It's quite simple, actually, .................. "Adrenaline". lol

I didn't know as you reached higher levels, in all classes, that you could self-inject adrenaline.
Just as I didn't know, how to carry a heavy weapon, and a machine gun, in my other posts.

I was an "Inexperienced Newbie."

But I would like you all to remember something, as you play ET with "ignorant, irritating, Newbie players",... just like I was.
Show a little commpassion, and understanding, and even take the time out of your gaming, to text some advice, ... Instead of just texting, ... sarcastic critisisms!
Remember, "We all were Newbies, once, ... and we all had to learn, ... somehow!"

Thanks to all who have taken the time, ... to help me. >> (Tom)

Billdoe

This post has been edited by Billdoe: Oct 11 2010, 10:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:12 PM