> Vanguard: Normandy 1944, World War 2 FPS
Wolf Enstein
post Sep 22 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

Vanguard: Normandy 1944

In "Vanguard: Normandy 1944" players fight to survive in hardcore multiplayer combat for historic D-Day objectives on real battlefields.

It’s June 6th 1944 and the Allied Invasion of Europe has begun. Storm the Normandy coast as the revered British Commandos, take and hold crucial objectives as the elite 6th Airborne, or hold the line as the fierce German Wehrmacht in this tactical multiplayer squad-based shooter.

Join the "Vanguard: Normandy 1944" Kickstarter for as little as £10: Vanguard: Normandy 1944 Kickstarter

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Sep 22 2018, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 97334

will keep an eye for this new game and if mappers and modders will be active

i saw so many new games but not so much maps and mods than now i prefere to wait

i am too used to had and still having mappers and botfilers helping to dont let ET dying cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Sep 24 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 439171

QUOTE (macbeth @ Sep 22 2018, 11:29 AM) *
will keep an eye for this new game and if mappers and modders will be active

i saw so many new games but not so much maps and mods than now i prefere to wait

i am too used to had and still having mappers and botfilers helping to dont let ET dying cheers.gif

The engine looks appealing but as Kate said, we've seen many of those coming and going. You must have noticed in the video that you can't run and shoot. Every game that forces soldiers to stand still while shooting is a waste of money....

I think ETclegacy is our best shot on the goal at this point. I can't believe that from all those startup companies no one ever picked up what made ET so successful and brought this forward on another engine. We're still on the q3 engine which is how old, 15 years now........
Good thing is we know this engine very well, which finally results in good custom made maps.but at some point we need another engine....

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Sep 25 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Teuthis @ Sep 24 2018, 08:11 PM) *
You must have noticed in the video that you can't run and shoot.

I actually didn't notice that, Teuthis, I'll have to check the video again now nicken.gif .

I can't believe that from all those startup companies no one ever picked up what made ET so successful and brought this forward on another engine......at some point we need another engine....

I agree 100%, amigo. I think the "ET:Legacy" crew should release their next version update and then inform us that this will be their last backwards-compatible release and that they're moving to a new engine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Sep 25 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 438751

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Sep 25 2018, 05:12 PM) *
You must have noticed in the video that you can't run and shoot.

I actually didn't notice that, Teuthis, I'll have to check the video again now nicken.gif .

I can't believe that from all those startup companies no one ever picked up what made ET so successful and brought this forward on another engine......at some point we need another engine....

I agree 100%, amigo. I think the "ET:Legacy" crew should release their next version update and then inform us that this will be their last backwards-compatible release and that they're moving to a new engine.

You both think wrong.... to a certain extent. No different engine we need - new engine breaks current mods logic made ET what it is gamer face it today, a game of variety, dynamic core concept and build around achieving something than winning, contemporary games idea. We do need a sufficient anti-cheat and more flexible UI and improved upon server abilities. A slight enhanced build of idTech, maybe some open source engine based on it, might work out the kinks of original tech used. Anything else pure waste of time, if not actively made by fans, say team at ETLegacy. Newer games are eSports focused, you simply can't have 2 communities united into one and pretend a good/balanced game serving 2 generations of players. No.

Competitive players: play wahtever else you like.
Oldskool players: let us have our game, our time. We love being tactical in heart.

More so ET Legacy won't change engines. Only 5-something devs doing it, they aren't the capacity of id Software/Splash Damage/Nerve Software (original WolfET/RTCW makers), a lot of work still to do to have important features into ETL, even that is hard to do when everyone is adding bugreports daily.

This post has been edited by N3rwitZ: Sep 25 2018, 10:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Sep 25 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Hate to say it to anyone who thinks a game could take inspiration from WolfET: you can't be inspired by just looks. Inspiration in vidyagames different to other kinds of inspiration from media; if one has a resembling element to other, inspiration isn't there but a simulated effort to drive further more players in a way of seeking attention. Inspiration comes, imo, when you have the basic concept and add a intriguing, never done before feature that fits well that concept so the overall gameplay integrity is still there. Professional AAA+ developers don't think that far, cause it holds no revenue for them. What's most common = most popular.

Imo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Sep 26 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (N3rwitZ @ Sep 26 2018, 12:55 AM) *
Hate to say it to anyone who thinks a game could take inspiration from WolfET: you can't be inspired by just looks....

We know that, N3rwitZ mate, but wouldn't it be superb to have the gameplay of "Wolf: ET" combined with all the graphical "eye candy" of today's modern games? As Teuthis said already, why this hasn't been done by now is very surprising.

The closest we've got to it is, ironically, contained in that piece of garbage known as "Call of Duty WW2". This is the ONLY good feature of this release, it's called "War" mode:

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Sep 26 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Sep 26 2018, 05:50 PM) *
We know that, N3rwitZ mate, but wouldn't it be superb to have the gameplay of "Wolf: ET" combined with all the graphical "eye candy" of today's modern games?

Majority of gamers will agree, I don't. That makes for a demanding game, higher graphics come at a cost; combined with lags, we have nothing short of a shitshow. Have to be some crazy about WolfET professional devs to kick start such a huge project funded by themselves - investors aren't good for anything else making money.

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Sep 26 2018, 05:50 PM) *
As Teuthis said already, why this hasn't been done by now is very surprising.

↓↓↓↓↓

QUOTE (N3rwitZ @ Sep 26 2018, 12:55 AM) *
Most common = most popular.

This post has been edited by N3rwitZ: Sep 26 2018, 04:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Sep 28 2018, 12:08 AM
Post #9

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 439171

I think we all know what keeps us on fire for W.ET and it canˋt be that hard to transfer this to another engine. It's true that it would take a while till folks would come up with decent self-made maps, but hey, we managed to get on top of the q3 engine so I see no reason to not get on top of other engines as well. And mapping with e.g. the UE4 is much easier as on the q3 engine, and so is the scripting (the latter is only what I heard but I played the mapping myself)

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Sep 28 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #10

I am fine with ET Legacy heading for stable client/server platform, slow updates but what, IR4 & others have a true vision. Can evolve into something as big as WolfET 2 under a different name to spare legal issues with IP holders.

Wanna join ETL? Head for the forums or look up ET Legacy channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/PYNT4wq
We're better if engine coders join forces to work on one single render.

This post has been edited by N3rwitZ: Sep 28 2018, 04:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 1 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #11

More new pre-alpha footage from "Vanguard: Normandy 1944". The game has now reached over 70% of its kickstarter target:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 5 2018, 02:58 AM
Post #12

With their kickstarter total now sitting at over 90%, here's a "Vanguard: Normandy 1944" fan video to enjoy super.gif :

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Oct 5 2018, 10:17 AM
Post #13

Imho... I can conclude; looks n sounds shit, it does seem to target different audience. That of Red Orchestra/Battalion 1944, neither have 1% of Enemy Territory feel. Too much copy/paste products under a different publisher.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 5 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (N3rwitZ @ Oct 5 2018, 11:17 AM) *
Imho... I can conclude; looks n sounds shit, it does seem to target different audience............

It's pre-alpha footage and will only get better over time, amigo. The gameplay reminds me of the "RtCW MP 1.0" frags, working as a team in order to search and destroy the enemy force nicken.gif .

Take a look at this, N3rwitZ, it's "War" mode from "Call of Duty: WW2". If you don't think that this is a copy of "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" then I don't think anything will convince you grin.gif :

super.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Oct 6 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 97334

then hope they will work for this new game like they did for ET since 2003:

new maps

new mods

and other stuffs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:10 PM