> [MAP] Canyon Depths Beta 10, A massive map with lots of stuff to do
Yatta_Yatta--O_o
post Feb 14 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #1

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Group: Members

Member No.: 459477

Hello there

Back in 2005 I started a big map out of frustration of how few maps where having Axis as the attacking team. So the point was to make a map in which Axis would get a lot of attack to do.
It features basically everything an attacking team can be assigned to do in a map (building, destroying, stealing, infiltrating ...) in a variety of situations (indoor, outdoor, vertical ...).

Couple screenshots :

This post has been edited by Yatta_Yatta--O_o: Feb 14 2015, 08:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Feb 14 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

A great map for sure. There's more info and screenshots on Wolffiles:

Wolffiles - Canyon Depths cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yatta_Yatta--O_o
post Feb 14 2015, 07:34 PM
Post #3

QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Feb 14 2015, 05:16 PM) *
A great map for sure. There's more info and screenshots on Wolffiles:

I had not seen that it was added already ! Motorhead even made his own screenshots for the page, nice :)

This post has been edited by Yatta_Yatta--O_o: Feb 14 2015, 07:35 PM

+Quote Post
CS|kOoL
post Feb 14 2015, 11:55 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Sergeant Major

Member No.: 131459

Hi all,

Thanks for reworking your map because it is rare to get any good maps where it is the axis who attack.

Note that unfortunaly it doesn't run under "silent 0.8.2" (i have tried on my server) and by contrast i have tried on a server test "wolffiles" under "NQ" and it worked , i hope it will be fixed soon for your map be a success...

In fact , the first thing i have checked it is the textures and it is the same textures (wall and sand etc...) from the previous version and i'd like that these textures be reworked i mean they look not clean and hazy.

If the textures have not been reworked because the size of the map is already near from 30 Mo...keep in mind you have any useless texture inside , and even a ".png" forgotten picture inside too !!

It is just my opinion , my little feedback for helping...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yatta_Yatta--O_o
post Feb 15 2015, 04:49 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (CS|kOoL @ Feb 14 2015, 11:55 PM) *
Note that unfortunaly it doesn't run under "silent 0.8.2" (i have tried on my server) and by contrast i have tried on a server test "wolffiles" under "NQ" and it worked , i hope it will be fixed soon for your map be a success...

It would help if you could provide details on why it doesnt run : warnings, error messages, or if you know of other maps that does not run either on silent.

+Quote Post
Yatta_Yatta--O_o
post Feb 15 2015, 05:12 AM
Post #6

schnoog on Wolffiles tells me that the file is actually a RAR file, not a ZIP file, and that is what is causing problems in some cases. He said converting it to a zip file fixed his problem. Its weird tough because the process I use to make the pk3 is supposed to output a zip file, and it seems to do so...

+Quote Post
CS|kOoL
post Feb 15 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Yatta_Yatta--O_o @ Feb 15 2015, 04:49 AM) *

It would help if you could provide details on why it doesnt run : warnings, error messages, or if you know of other maps that does not run either on silent.

Hi Yatta,

In fact there is none message , the server recognizes your map in "referee" OK , but the server doesn't launch your map (under "Silent 0.8.2") , then i have tried my usual plan B 01lol.gif (i have put your map included in my objective.cfg) and restart for sure , and same...

By contrast with your previous version there was/is none problem to run it.

Then maybe your map is not compatible "Silent 0.8.2" and/or not compatible too with "gametype 2"...it happens but it is very rare this kind of problems (under "Silent 0.8.2").

I say "very rare" because while these 5 last years i have ran "NQ" and "Nitmod" servers and too many problems , and since 1 year i run a "Silent MOD" server and 99,99 % of my old problems are deleted (and yet i run a huge stock of maps).

Seriously , i am amazed that you don't have tested your map under "Silent 0.8.2" who is a highly reliable mod and by contrast "NQ" is full of bugs...

For my part if i had to make a map i will test it in first under "Silent 0.8.2" because it is the best "MOD" , the most stable and so performing , this "MOD" is a great new for the future of our favourite game.

In all cases , thanks and congratulations for your hard work :)

Vive la France !!

cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yatta_Yatta--O_o
post Feb 15 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #8

I had reports it doesnt work on Silent. The reason I didnt test it myself is ... I dont know how.

Yeah I can map a map but I cant setup a local server running a specific mod -_- ... when I try I get error messages like "ERROR: BG_IndexForString: unknown token" so im currently trying to figure that out.

+Quote Post
lolroy
post Feb 15 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 454233

This seems to be mod specific config cvar related. If you load the map, with an empty server, and you click as if you were going to spectate, ClientBegin function is called 3 or 4 times before server crashes with no other error messages.

If you manage to not activate the clientbegin call, and join a team, then the map work normally. Also if you're already in a team and you load the map.

--> It happens to me in ALL maps, including official oasis. It also happens with canyon depths b9, but this map requires 6 clientbegin calls to shut down the server. <--

In wolffiles silent server running the map, this does not happen.

(PS: Maybe he didn't design and test it for silent because silent wasn't even thought on 2005 grin.gif)

EDIT AGAIN: Change your g_spectator cvar. In my testserver it was set to 0 and crashed all the time as explained above. Set it to 4 and problems gone.

This post has been edited by lolroy: Feb 15 2015, 09:58 PM
Reason for edit: TomDome: removed full qoute

+Quote Post
Yatta_Yatta--O_o
post Feb 18 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Releasing Canyons Depths FINAL !

I dont know if I should make a new topic or if updating this one is enough ? Well anyways ...

So yeah, its the FINAL version as in "I wont release another version" - unless some major bug/balance issue needs to be adressed.
I took a while. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me and helped me making the map. :)
cheers.gif

Download link :
CANYON DEPTHS FINAL

Changelog :

=======================
= CANYON DEPTHS FINAL =
= changes 18/02/2015 =
=======================

[DESERT / CANYON / OASIS]
- Added tutorial lines at castle spawn for allies to help new players figure out where the flag is and that its important to defend it
- Fixed an exploit allowing to put the dynamite for first tank barrier inside the building above it + modified that building
- Moved the canyon Allies-only door closer to the Command Post (makes it more relevant)
- Fixed sandbags and trees not properly blocking projectiles
- Made side of mobile bridge door more accessible for non double-jump servers

[CAVES / LOWER BUNKER]
- Added light fog to improve depths/volume perception in the caves area, its looks nice !
- Removed fog because it halved the framerate, fuuuuuuuu !
- Lowered back caves bridge build time to 9s and lowered charge bar cost
- Fixed an exploit allowing to blow caves bottom gate from the outside
- Larger elevator in the loading bay near the password room
- Fixed bunker password being accessible before the cage opened
- Changed the layout of the password room
- Added an additionnal "rat way" under the twin-elevator in the large areas before the tank hole
- Gates before the laboratory open a bit slower

[LABORATORY]
- Conveyor (chariot) 1st laboratory door can now be opened by allies (and not covert ops) so they can access the door dynamite when spawning inside the laboratory
- Removed one "tutorial line" for allies in laboratory to prevent leading allies to non-prioritary objective

[GLOBAL]
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to spawn at supposedly unavailable positions
- Changes to arena/objectives texts
- Minor respawn time changes
- Some decor improvement, various fixes (clipping, geometry, textures)
- Probably other things I forgot

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Feb 18 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #11

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Member No.: 31172

Great news Yatta cheers.gif

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Feb 19 2015, 01:11 AM
Post #12

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (TomDome @ Feb 18 2015, 10:15 PM) *
Great news Yatta cheers.gif

super.gif brutale.gif super.gif

Thanks for all your hard work, Yatta cheers.gif thanks.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
#AleX
post Feb 23 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 451603

ETF runs Yatta's map with silent 0.8.2 since months, never had a single crash. The map is pretty stable. Thank you Yatta for a such contribution. Very appreciated.

+Quote Post
CS|kOoL
post Feb 24 2015, 12:31 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (#AleX @ Feb 23 2015, 05:20 PM) *

ETF runs Yatta's map with silent 0.8.2 since months, never had a single crash. The map is pretty stable. Thank you Yatta for a such contribution. Very appreciated.

Hi,

That's a good new for this great map , i am glad to know it.

Again thanks "Yatta" for your hard work.

cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:48 AM