Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best map you ever played., Chat about favourite maps
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jul 14 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Group: Management

Member No.: 13132

Now that we have passed the ten year barrier just thought it would be nice to star a thread where we could talk about the best looking, best gameplay or just favourite maps. Over the years I would guess I have played several hundred different maps both Gangsta and I do extensive testing over at www.wolf files.de and have no clue what the actual total is but I am guessing between five or six hundred. In all that testing I have some particular favourites. For gameplay I would say MLB Daybreak and Mr Fin's Lighthouse 2 . If it was just down to looks I would have to say Castle Eltz or Praetoria mission 2. But then we come to favourites and for the plain mayhem I would say Paris Bastille and V2 Base because you just never know what will happen and the result is purely down to he team you have assembled. These are just my random thoughts would love to hear what you guys think, but I gotta say now if anyone chooses base race I may just have to scream lol. Maybe that is something else we could mention , our least favourite map, needless to say mine is the truly awful base race.

Kindest regards
Dogster
. respect.gif cheers.gif

This post has been edited by {WeB}*DoG: Jul 14 2013, 04:27 PM

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jul 15 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

A tricky one to answer, Herr Hund. If I'm fraggin' on ETpub or Silent mod then my fave maps are ones like Adlerhorst, Castle Eltz, MLB Daybreak, Codename Lachs, Base 55, Praetoria Mission 2, WF MLB Temple, etc.. If I'm fraggin' on ETpro then I love small maps like Frostbite, Adlernest and Bremen brutale.gif super.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
[DooC]*Gauki
post Jul 16 2013, 07:36 AM
Post #3

Group Icon Master Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 1013

mhhhh its not easy :P

most confusing and biggest map i ever played was "campus territory" .. really crazy! one of best looking is the map "eagles" ^^ but i think my most favourit map is "caen2"
best tce map is "cqb_sample"
cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jul 16 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #4

QUOTE ([DooC]*Gauki @ Jul 16 2013, 08:36 AM) *
most confusing and biggest map i ever played was "campus territory" .. really crazy!

I've never actually played "campus territory", Gauki. Is it as big as "Adlerhorst" ? I'll probably go and test it now over on Wolffiles grin.gif .

one of best looking is the map "eagles" ^^

Yep, without a doubt, a great looking map. The "Castle Eltz" map, though, looks fantastic too. I love the big German Zeppelin, the teleporter and the map textures brutale.gif .

........but i think my most favourit map is "caen2"

Definitely the best of the "Caen" series of maps. A well-balanced map that both teams have a fair chance of winning super.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jul 16 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Member No.: 31172

I love SniperMarina and Goldrush (nearly every version, even heist).

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post
[DooC]*Gauki
post Jul 16 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Master Sergeant

Member No.: 1013

ZITAT({WeB}GANG$TA @ Jul 16 2013, 04:01 PM) *
ZITAT([DooC]*Gauki @ Jul 16 2013, 08:36 AM) *
most confusing and biggest map i ever played was "campus territory" .. really crazy!

I've never actually played "campus territory", Gauki. Is it as big as "Adlerhorst" ? I'll probably go and test it now over on Wolffiles grin.gif .

uff its long time ago i played this map, its a big finish school complex area, but its not really worth to play it ... just remember its very huge.. i think like adlerhorst xD

i started a long time ago with chiemseeman the side "etmaps.de" but he stopped the clanside and i stopped to collect etmaps sadd.gif i know all old maps, but the last 2 years a am not up to date sadd.gif

nice to talk about what other like rolleye.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jul 18 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #7

I do remember one map but cannot for the life of me remember its name there was a big building in the middle of the map that I believe the axis were defending. The allies spawned in the woods/hut close by you could build two ladders to get to the top of building where there was a capture flag you had to then go down through the building and capture documents or radar type parts i believe you had to blow up a door to get to them and then get them back to truck/hut. The capture flag was a frag fest as I recall but its all a bit vague anyone remember what it was called???

cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
b0bby
post Jul 18 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 84254

I'm still in love with the standard maps, like oasis, gold rush, fuel dump. I do enjoy the newer maps but those are just so amazing. ( i know i'm forgetting some standard maps, but it has been too long since i played them)

+Quote Post
$mart
post Jul 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Major

Member No.: 59683

QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Jul 14 2013, 05:25 PM) *
the truly awful base race.
. respect.gif cheers.gif

Ooops, I did not respond because I'm too shy to say ... baserace.

spanking.gif And more tremulous, on my server 2 different versions of baserace spanking.gif

OK this map is ... hmm basic, but has big-advantage to be symmetric, so it is equilibrated/balanced (if teams are fair).

Anyway, with some thousands of different maps, some hundreds of different tuned servers, players will always have fun !

ET will never die super.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jul 24 2013, 03:56 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (TomDome @ Jul 16 2013, 06:19 PM) *
I love SniperMarina and Goldrush (nearly every version, even heist).

Goldrush GALS, (Greater Access Large Server), is my fave Goldrush map, Tom super.gif .

QUOTE ($mart @ Jul 23 2013, 04:07 PM) *

$mart = Baserace x2 = boxer.gif spanking.gif

grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jul 24 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #11

QUOTE ($mart @ Jul 23 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Lol $mart I have no problem with others liking base race it's just one i am not keen on it would be a very dull world if we all liked the same things. Given the amount of servers that have base race it's probable that I am the oddball lol just keen to hear what people like thanks for being brave enough to respond lmao!!! cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2024 - 08:36 AM