> How To
schnoog
post Mar 9 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Master of Desaster

Group: Management

Member No.: 23716

Hi,
I`ll post here some kind of FAQ concerning the SL Server Hosting (step by step)

Q: I want my gameserver hosted by SL to run an other mod, what should I do
A: Please contact me to change the mod to your needings. The mod ini (+set fs_game ) is done by the control panel based on the mod assigned to the server
Even if you add a mod startup (+set fs_game etpro for example) the initial assigned mod will be started

Q: What kind of gameserver are available
A: At the moment: ET, RtCWCoop, TF2 and UrbanTerror

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jan 31 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Group: Management

Member No.: 31172

I am just adding a few more things that have been asked since we startet the sl gameserver hosting. If you miss any questions/answers please feel free to tell us and we will add it here.

Q: Regarding ET, what protocol can i have?
A: We only use ET 2.60b and ET 3.00, its up to you to choose the one you like.

Q: My ET server is running ET 3.00 but punkbuster wont work, what is wrong?
A: Unfortunately ET 3.00 does not support Punkbuster. If you want to run Punkbuster you have to use ET 2.60b.

Q: What version of omnibot is available?
A: We will install the latest version, depending on what your mod is capable with.

Q: Do you force me to put sl hosting in servername?
A: NO! You can name your server as you wish. You are not forced to add anything related with sl to its name or banners (if you wish to, we dont stop you).

Q: How fast can i get my gameserver online?
A: As long as nothing "special" is to be added or configured schnoog will set it up mostly within 24 hours (usually earlier) after all details are cleared.

Q: I have read you charge 0,20 EUR / slot. Is this only a one time offer or will the price stay that low?
A: We have no intention in earning money with sl gameserver hosting, we see this a s a benefit for the community and to help keep ET alive. The prices will stay as low as possible and till now we see no reason in increasing the prices.

Q: Can i pay with bitcoin, litecoin, feathercoin, .....coin?
A: We offer a chance to donate bitcoin. If we can accept bitcoin for the hosting service need to be talked about if you wish to. Since the paying would usually be very small amounts, the charges of the bitcoin transfer would be a huge minus. Other coins are not accepted atm. but for any questions regarding paying talk to schnoog.

Q: I dont want to use my server anymore, what now?
A: Please tell us, that you dont want to use our service anymore, your server will then go offline, after the paid period ends. It would be nice if you tell us why you dont want to use it anymore (problems with server, with ogp, with your clan...).

Q: Is there any backup for my server?
A: Yes, the server backups every night around 3 am CET. Furthermore a backup is done monday around 9 am CET.

Q: When do i have to pay my server?
A: The monthly fee is due 5 days after the ordered server is ready and running.

Q: What is i only want to test your service?
A: Just ask for a small server with some slots and pay it for 1 month. If you are not satisfied, you dont need to rent it another month.

Q: How long do i have to rent a server from you (minimum contract time)?
A: We have a minimum contract time of 1 month.

Q: Do i have to pay a setup fee for my server?
A: No, you dont have to pay any setup fee for the server. You pay only for the slots and period you wish to run your server.

Q: I have paid for 6 month, but after 4 months my clan split and i dont want the server anymore.
A: Since we have to plan the costs of the server and have to pay them in advance, the server would stay online the last 2 months, even if you dont use it anymore.

Q: Can i have a refund if i stop the server before the paid time ends?
A: No, we dont offer refunds for the community servers.

Q: Do i have the same static IP or will it change during my rental?
A: Since we order the servers when needed, all gameservers running on the same root will have the same IP. If someone starts with e.g. 1 server with 12 slots and wants to change it to 4 servers with 64 slots each, the 3 new servers might get another IP than the first rented server. Also if you rent now, stop for 4 months and rent again, you may have another IP than 4 months before.

Q: I have a problem with my server, how can i get support?
A: Post in the Gameserver Hosting Subforum within your Server Order thread. We will take care of the problem as soon as we are online and aware of the problem. If you have urgent problems you may try to send us a pm. But keep in mind, we are no professional hosting service with 24/7 support, we do this for the community with the available ressources.

Q: What happens with the money you earn through this?
A: First we pay the servers the gameserver hosting service is running on, everything above is used to pay the serverdues from splatterladder main server. We are making no profit for ourself, everything is used directly for the sl.

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM