> Time to say good bye
StoerFaktoR
post Jan 16 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Colonel

Group: Members

Member No.: 91640

Hello together,
I think the time has come to say good bye from the ET scene.
I totally lost the fun for Enemy Territory because of a lot of reasons.

The main reason is that there are no servers anymore where it's possible to play for objectives or in a team.
Only fraggers , trollers , rulebreakers and kids who don't care
the main features of Enemy Territory ( Objectives and Teamplay ) .
The scene started to die where Even Balance disabled the support for Enemy Territory and the scene goes smaller and smaller.
Maybe that was the kick-off for some server admins to say "hey ... let's recruit now every idiot who play this game". But this is an other story...

I praise and thanks the server admins who have remained their line.

I remember the old days where i joined a server with 10 vs 10 players and all players try to win the map.
Now if i connected to a server the only things i saw was spawnkillers & campers , teammeates who pushing me into death or teammates who don't care the
objectives or the team.
If i want to play like this then i will play Call of Duty or Battlefail but not Enemy Territory.

Ok now I complained enough ;)

I would like to thank Schnoog for the trust and the beautiful times we had :)
Also I would like to thank all clans, players and SL Admins with those I had a lot of fun.

DSK , ETW-FZ , [AF] (does not exist anymore) , FSG (does not exist anymore) , *NT* (does not exist anymore) and last but not least the {WeB} Guys ;)

enjoy Enemy Territory as long as it takes.

CYA

This post has been edited by StoerFaktoR: Jan 16 2017, 02:18 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jan 16 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #2

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

Good grief, I wasn't expecting to hear this news, Stoer bro. However, I understand how you feel about things, especially when it comes to the stat-whoring rambo clowns who have infected our beloved game nowadays. They're out of control now, destroying the gameplay on our servers.

It just won't be the same here without you on the team, m8.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nico'x
post Jan 16 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 120893

I can't believe it, he is just right, but I got sad when I read this, he is totally right, I lost fun in ET too... RIP ET

Cheers,
Nico

+Quote Post
davhead
post Jan 16 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 2128

We felt the same when we lost our 1944 server years ago. Then we found the WEB guys who loved to play obj and really disliked rambo guys. Now they don't play so much either and we now play on the UJE teamplay server where Niek has the same view on rambo players. There are lots of team players their, lots of OBJ players there and there good numbers playing most nights too.

So although i agree with the statements made here, it might be down to the Clans that admin the servers and whether they are afraid to kick players or even ban them for being rambos. A lot of clans are afraid to kick bad players or non-team players because there are not many players left.

UJE is different! There are lots of players there and most really enjoy the team game and the OBJ play! Anyone spawn camping or Spawn raping will be warned once and then kicked if they continue!

So the original spirit of the game is still alive there and with lots of new and custom maps, it is like a new game all the time!

Have fun always!
Dave

--------------------
"It's all in your mind" so paint a new picture and see what happens!

+Quote Post
slim43
post Jan 16 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 48973

QUOTE (davhead @ Jan 16 2017, 05:06 PM) *
We felt the same when we lost our 1944 server years ago. Then we found the WEB guys who loved to play obj and really disliked rambo guys. Now they don't play so much either and we now play on the UJE teamplay server where Niek has the same view on rambo players. There are lots of team players their, lots of OBJ players there and there good numbers playing most nights too.

So although i agree with the statements made here, it might be down to the Clans that admin the servers and whether they are afraid to kick players or even ban them for being rambos. A lot of clans are afraid to kick bad players or non-team players because there are not many players left.

UJE is different! There are lots of players there and most really enjoy the team game and the OBJ play! Anyone spawn camping or Spawn raping will be warned once and then kicked if they continue!

So the original spirit of the game is still alive there and with lots of new and custom maps, it is like a new game all the time!

Have fun always!
Dave

objective is always good fun web clan have right idea kick the rambos good on u web :) i prefer 2 kill them :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kariboe
post Jan 16 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 80668

I'm sad to see you leave, Stoer, although I understand why you go. Good luck on your future endeavours and in life in general :-)

+Quote Post
b0bby
post Jan 16 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #7

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 84254

Very sad to hear this.
Unfortunately, all that is said is true. The team based game could only be kept alive in a group of like-minded people, that played regularly.
That, unfortunately, is getting harder and harder to find on ET. I think we have been in a downwards spiral for quite some time, where people stop playing because no one is playing.
ET will however forever be in our hearts, and I think most of us cherish some insane moments on ET, and even met some people we can call our friends/clanmates, that will hopefully stay together, and keep in touch, whatever they are up to.

I think everything that many people of the SL board, and community have done have extended the survival of ET, as a great objective based shooter, with many years.
I thank you, stoer, and all other people of SL (and of course many other people of the ET community, and mapmaking community) that have taken the time to keep our ET alive for so long.

I'm still hopeful that we can organise some 'special' dates to come together, as like-minded players, on a server, and enjoy ET once more like the great objective based game that it is, and always will be.

All my best wishes to you stoer, and hopefully we will still see you, on ET or on some other game!

Best wishes, {WeB}*B0bby*

+Quote Post
-|D|-Ray
post Jan 16 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 54089

Sad news for ET and SL.
You are right on so many points there, Stoer.
Speaking for myself, we still try to keep server clean from those stathorny fraggers that wouldn't play for the team nor objective.

Hopefully you come back and have a shoot or two on ET again.

All the best to you and thank you for keeping SL up and runnign along others here.
Cheers

--------------------
Discord Chat: Ray#3829

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jan 16 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Member No.: 31172

read yer pm bro

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jan 16 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #10

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 13132

It is Incredibly sad to hear but not altogether surprising. When all you encounter are guys ready to bend the rules, break the rules and play for themselves and their stats. Then even great games like ET cannot survive. We had an amazing run, but the sad fact is there are not enough like minded players and the game is showing its age! Also are so many factions out there all working in isolation on projects that if were all under one umbrella may have reversed the problem. the sad fact is until someone revamps ET or ports it into to Source or unreal engine than I only see a very bleak future for ET. We set out on a path a few months ago to try and find a replacement for ET some joined us some decided to decline and I do have some positive news. We have found a proper teamplay game, is it inherently as good as ET... not at the moment but it has potential, the really positive thing is:
THERE ARE STILL TEAM FOCUSSED PLAYERS OUT THERE....

Our new Day of Infamy server is full every night with these types of players we occasionaly get one who is all about K/D ratios but noone puts up with it which is a breath of fresh air! most nights we actually have people queueing to join the server. we are getting involved with the devs as this game is still in beta testing and we anow getting modes that are more like ET.

So why post this in Chris's goodbye post? Because I truly hope this is adieu rather than Auf Wiedesehen and that we will somehow, somewhere get a game that we deserve.... a truly team based objective heavy WII FPS a ET for 2017 and beyond...

On a personal note Chris you have been nothing but a gentleman in all my dealings with you heartfelt sadness you are leaving us but i meant what i said i hope that soon when we find a fully fledged succesor to ET you might be tempted to stick your head above the sandbags for another battle!!
Kindest regards
your friend
Dogster
aka Bryan

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!

+Quote Post
Macchute
post Jan 16 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #11

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 460541

I'm really no writer but: It's sad to see people leave this game. I wish I could stop you and make you see the teamplay on some servers but I'm not really sure where to find it though.. sometimes uje is nice.

+Quote Post
{WeB}*Subbie*
post Jan 16 2017, 11:52 PM
Post #12

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 429690

Stoer dude it is sad to see you go,and if your heart is no longer into the game.and you don't feel motivated, it's often a lot of work to figure out what you want from the game hopefully you will find a steady flow of energy and motivation for other new games and or hobbies.
All the best stoer you will be missed. cheers.gif and respect.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
[WeB} coisty
post Jan 17 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #13

Private

Member No.: 14074

Sorry to see you go stoer & think me & the all the other {WeB} clan members will be feeling very sad at this news .Over the years you have helped us with setting up servers,maps ,websites & just bout everything else with E.T at one time or another . Thank you for all your help & support over these years & we hope to see you back in the future even if its just for a wee frag wi the Webbies .

+Quote Post
$mart
post Jan 17 2017, 10:43 AM
Post #14

Group Icon Major

Member No.: 59683

Hi Stoer, I say Hello but not Good Bye !

Man, as you feel actually, I have many times said 'Godd Bye ET' but because YOU KNOW it is the best game, I've always came back.

I understand 100% what you describe with servers full of fraggers without any team-play : that is exactly why I never follow LORDPASK (my leader) or DX (my son) when they are on populated servers, some people just like ET for the frag, some others not.

YOUR SOLUTION is to have your own server, with 10 bots VS 10 bots, and spawn Engineer. Even if there is only one human on the opposite team, you will have fun ! You can ban a player if he doesn't fit to you, even if he's not a cheater, just because he doesn't play like you would like to ! I've already banned players just because I don't like them !

ET is like a drug, just play less often, but you will always enjoy planting a dyna or protecting the gold at glodrush xD

Make a long pause, take time and care of your real life, and you'll come back sometimes to times, like playing chess or football xD

Hope to see you back one day !

Thanks a lot for all you have done for the community man !

V55
[DIABOLIK]$mart

And this video for everybody :

This post has been edited by $mart: Jan 17 2017, 10:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Jan 17 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 97334

to sad but still servers have nice guys playing on
and you will encounter problems aswell for almost new games
i am not going to stop to play with the friends we have on our server, ofc not busy like in the past but who care, we still have fun moments and it is the most important

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:39 PM