> Fine tuning of the rating-system, SL
sLy ?
post Nov 27 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon Lieutenant General

Group: Members

Member No.: 15079

rofl kiddys rolleye.gif rolleye.gif

u all play for sl? omfg this is lame..sl kiddys grin.gif...eragorn u say u are 8 from one server? so good aree u not...i was playing vs u rolleye.gif
so sl say nothing about a player skill..i know and i have very much friends..with a rating from 6 or something...they own u and me...dude so see u sl say nothing abozut a player skill!

plz stop this shit "im rank 8 on this server i own u u are real noob blablabla" thuis show ur skill...u have no skill when u talk so shit zwinker2.gif depp.gif ditsch.gif doof.gif

friends.gif sign_fixed.gif

--------------------
Sorry for my english, long time ago that i used this language.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sipiatti
post Nov 27 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #17

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 23946

why noobish kiddy?
an engi with a rifle is a useful member of a team to win the map...
of course it is not so useful in 1on1 ditsch.gif

that was I was talking about but it seems you do not understand, so let me explain it:
  • from my point of view, the frag is a secondary thing
  • first is the objective, I am happy when we win the map not when I kill sb... in my opinion that is the noobish style, et is differ from other mp-fps games, and the main goal is the objective, not the frag... go and play Q3 or COD2 for frag they are better for that style

I never played 1on1, so clear the rules plz. no need rifle in 1on1 mp40 is ok
what class? objective or frag only? if frag, how many frag do you wish? etc.
as I told you I am a public-noob (not noobish 'cause it sounds like amish... and, you know... hehe) so I am unexperienced in war things
another info: I am a linux user so don't have xfire client and similar things...

If you are smart, you can find my msn or skype ID below...or in my profile ditsch.gif

Cool down, I am joking :) I like brave young guys like you but being a little bit less arrogant would be highly appreciated...

Awaiting to your answer, bye

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Nov 27 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #18

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 32197

k man no problem
respect.gif Said sorry if i was being unrespectful respect.gif
Personnaly ive never done 1 on 1 eather
I got msn to but never on it so no us
If you realy want to play with me join me in game
01lol.gif So what do we do??
Realy want a 1 on 1?
Euh yes eng with rifle are good for wining the campaigne
nicken.gif i agree
nicken.gif

To win a map you need guys to protect eng..
I am that type of guy
I protect my fellow comrades
And i help them sign_fixed.gif

And Rax I know is not 100 per cent correct and i dont live for it
But i like to know if i played better on map than before
Thats all closed.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
|24/7|.GHOST
post Nov 28 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #19

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 23557

QUOTE(Eragon @ Nov 27 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]31030[/snapback]

Any time man
I play on this server
88.191.17.88:27960
I am the 8 best on it (VPS)
Hope to see you soon
cheers.gif
----->But soon im going to start playing Etpro<--------
So you will find me there 01lol.gif
And im going to give ya a lesson spanking.gif readthis.gif
That you wont forget motz.gif
oh and how old are you?

Dude, that sentence really makes me laugh, you may have a high rank on SL but as previously mentioned by several other posts that because you play on noob servers, don't get me wrong i like Jaymod to, even my server is jaymod as i thk ETpro has taken to much fun out of the game for public play. What i must stress tho, if and when you play ETpro servers, i think !! you will find your not quite as good as your rank suggests. zwink.gif Go flame me all you want, i couldnt care less, but what im saying is pretty dam correct.

Heres an example using myself, When my server was ETpro my splatterladder rank ranged from 12000 - 13500 ish ok and my server was filled more often than not with SL ranked (ETpro) players from 1000 - around 6000 And these guys are good players in clanbase etc in "good" clans.
Now my server is Jaymod, my SL rank is falling loads, its now around 3300, now my skills havent changed neither has my hardware etc, its just the fact the players that play there now are just less skilled!!, thats a fact ! and i get more score-per-minute so my rank increases.

So overall i would consider your SL rank not as accurate as you might think.

EDIT just looked at the top 10 players, and GUESS where they all mostly play ?? ETpub , Jaymod XP save servers etc... NOT 1 ETpro..

But on the subject of the SL rank, I think the only really fair way to track and rank players is to divide it into Different Server Mods, Therefore the score-per-min would be more relative to the "noob" servers as it would to the skilled players who only play ETpro servers. I think then and only then the rank system would be more accurate and imo would seperate the men from the boys zwink.gif

bye for now

This post has been edited by |24/7|.GHOST: Nov 28 2006, 07:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warmonger
post Nov 28 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #20

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 29572

No offense intended, but it sounds to me as if none of you undertand how the new system works at ALL. Almost nothing said above is relevant to the way the new system works: the new Elo-based system that begun a month or two ago.

Players are NOW only compared to people playing the SAME map, with the SAME spawntimes, using the SAME mod, in the SAME server, at the SAME TIME as that player. None of what is complained about above matters anymore...that was the WHOLE POINT of the change. These were all valid complaints BEFORE the change, which is why the change was instituted. This is ALL FIXED.

Because of the new system, all the players you are ever judged against are playing under the EXACT same conditions that you are. Always. No exceptions...

The only things that DO matter are: your rating compared to the other players ratings (ONLY the ones in the SAME server at the SAME TIME)...and how you perform compared to how they perform (during THAT map on THAT server for THAT session.)

Why is it that none of you noticed the problem of server differences when it actually existed, but think it exists now that it's gone?

The only innaccuracy left is caused by players using NEW NAMES(new clan tags...new colors...whatever) who come in with a ZERO rank and play like their REAL rating. (Even a noob can do better then ZERO) That, however, IS a real problem now, and causes the system to BLEED POINTS. Given enough time, EVERYONE will be ranked at 0.000001

The system will bleed points in this way until registration is REQUIRED for inclusion in the ladder, and provisional (estimated) rankings are assigned to new members. I do not think, however, that they plan on ever doing this. See this thread.

The change THIS thread is about (the inactivity penalty) only makes this problem WORSE. If points are lost somewhere, they must be gained somewhere else. Just like provisional ratings, this is BASIC ELO. Now the system is bleeding even FASTER. Need a Medic!

This post has been edited by Warmonger: Nov 29 2006, 08:11 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
|24/7|.GHOST
post Nov 29 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #21

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 23557

Players are NOW only compared to people playing the SAME map, with the SAME spawntimes, using the SAME mod, in the SAME server, at the SAME TIME as that player. None of what is complained about above matters anymore...that was the WHOLE POINT of the change. These were all valid complaints BEFORE the change, which is why the change was instituted. This is ALL FIXED.

Im sorrry but i have to disagree, How the hell can player A who plays xpsave servers only for example where he will have all his skills etc everytime he connects be compared fairly to player B who plays only ETpro servers and always starts at 0 xp there fore is more likely to get less score-per-minute per map than player A , hence his rank will be a LOT lower even tho technically he might be higher skilled.

If what you say is correct that only players etc on same map, same server etc are compared, then it makes a complete hash of the whole ranking system which is what most players look at, No one looks for "how did i do on supply depot on X server, compared to joe Bloogs", all they look at is what rank am i out of how many thousands of players tracked by splatter ladder.

comparing players who play all different MODS is not going to be fair, despite what you say, its just NOT possible, which is why if you read my last post you would have seen even the example i gave of myself whilst playing regular on two diff mods which prooves it.

As i said previously, and going with what you stated, the mods and server types have to have their own ranks, thats the ONLY fair way.

And any system based on only score per-minute is always going to be wildy inaccurate because its just not enough info to compare all aspects of the game etc. Personally i dont even look at my rank becuase i know for a fact its probably way of the mark becuase of how it calculated, but my opinion on the topic is i think its fair to award players for playing more than others and to chop away at the rank of those who may be idle for weeks at a time. How exactly they set the scoring / rank / session time played is up to the SL team.

This post has been edited by |24/7|.GHOST: Nov 29 2006, 09:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Milic
post Nov 29 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #22

Group Icon First Lieutenant

Member No.: 28959

grin.gif o yes that suck who play for rating!!!

this is good new rating!!

--------------------
Crack Smokin WAITING FOR YOU, COME AND FRAG WITH THE BEST! cS*Nightm@r3 ,cS*Clan Leader,cS*|Server Owner,cS*Site Administrator

+Quote Post
sl.Proddi
post Nov 29 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #23

Group Icon Chief_Software_Architect

Group: Management

Member No.: 2

ZITAT(Warmonger @ Nov 28 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]31105[/snapback]

The only innaccuracy left is caused by players using NEW NAMES(new clan tags...new colors...whatever) who come in with a ZERO rank and play like their REAL rating. (Even a noob can do better then ZERO) That, however, IS a real problem now, and causes the system to BLEED POINTS. Given enough time, EVERYONE will be ranked at 0.000001

The system will bleed points in this way until registration is REQUIRED for inclusion in the ladder, and provisional (estimated) rankings are assigned to new members. I do not think, however, that they plan on ever doing this. See this thread.

we exclude the new players (with lower rating) from the main calculation to reduce this effect. its an dynamic exclusion and if u play with 3 or 4 new players (rating 0-3) there are not effected to your session-calculation - not with their rating. that increase the global average rating points to balance the lost players there not playing again.
...and if the pro-players change their name every 5 minutes ... its not our problem (a example, why really pro servers doesnt have a good rating)

this is not an 100percent ELO-system, its elo-based. if u have a concrete suggestion for improvement, let it us know

--------------------

Du hast nur einen Termin im Leben und der ist bereits terminiert !

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=5024787479139933029

+Quote Post
Warmonger
post Nov 29 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #24

Group Icon Corporal

QUOTE(|24/7|.GHOST @ Nov 29 2006, 02:11 AM) [snapback]31195[/snapback]

How the hell can player A who plays xpsave servers only for example where he will have all his skills etc everytime he connects be compared fairly to player B who plays only ETpro servers and always starts at 0 xp

This is exactly my point. Player A in your example will NEVER be compared DIRECTLY to player B, because they never play together. They will only be compared INDIRECTLY.

Player A's rating will be adjusted according to how he performs on HIS server compared to those he's playing against during THAT SESSION, and player B's rating will be adjusted according to how he performs in HIS server compared to THOSE players.

A simplified example:

Player A (XPsave) performs poorly (20 SPM) compared to the people he is playing with (they all got 30 SPM ... same map, same spawntimes, same XPsave same everything because they are all playing together) ... he LOSES points.

Player B (no XPsave) performs well (10 SPM) against the people HE is playing with (5 SPM) ... He GAINS points.

Thus, the NON XP-save guy has just gained ground on the XPsave guy, even though his SPM was 50% lower.

The problem you refer to is how the ladder was BEFORE the new system!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(sl.Proddi @ Nov 29 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]31214[/snapback]
if u have a concrete suggestion for improvement, let it us know

I am sorry if I have offended, I did not mean to do that. I only want to help. The only concrete suggestion I can make is one I already have: the provisional rating. When a new name is scanned (A name with a rating of 0.00), immediately assign that new name a rating that is the ladder's average. for example, a 12...or whatever the average rating of the whole ladder is. This rating is more likely to be closer to that players actual skill level than zero is. THEN, do not allow this players rating to enter into the calculations of others until he had accumulated some rating time, for example: 10 hrs. During this 10 hrs of play, the new players rating can be adjusted as normal.

This post has been edited by Warmonger: Nov 29 2006, 03:43 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kaisersaucé
post Nov 30 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #25

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 20494

Hi all,

the big problem is that if one wants to have a good rating point he has to play as medic or fops otherwise it s almost impossible to have a good rating even tho you played as an engy and made your team won the game with great skills gruebel.gif . Thus, you can see sometimes a team of 10 players with 7 medics doof.gif if the server has no class restrictions.

So, my point of view is that SL ranking makes some players play too selfishly (rambo medic, fops whore) and finally the game is less funny.

P.S i only play on ETPub jaymod noob servers grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Nov 30 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #26

i still dont like the new system readthis.gif
motz.gif motz.gif motz.gif motz.gif motz.gif motz.gif motz.gif
What can you do about it?
thanks.gif zwink.gif super.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sLy ?
post Nov 30 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #27

Group Icon Lieutenant General

Member No.: 15079

they can do follow things:

->ignore the whiners grin.gif ditsch.gif
->work on this new system this is good ..better then the old 1 zwinker2.gif sl good work friends.gif cheers.gif super.gif

--------------------
Sorry for my english, long time ago that i used this language.

+Quote Post
Warmonger
post Nov 30 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #28

Group Icon Corporal

I agree. The new system is much better than before...it's ALMOST flawless. cheers.gif

Most of the posts in this thread are devoid of content entirely. Some people just can't believe that they could possibly deserve to fall in the ratings, so it must be the system's fault. Ive fallen over 3000 places since the new system started, and Im still dropping, but I'm not whining about THAT...know why? Because I was OVERRATED with the old system (like many of the above posters, I have little doubt). The whiners above just refuse to accept that. I'm have NO complaints about my drop in rank.

The problem I mention above is only a small statistical one. It's probably not causing major errors, but I still think it should be addressed. However, the system as a whole is extremely fair and--besides the issue I raise--statistically accurate.

Maybe if you are falling below where you THINK you should be...it's because you're not as good as you THINK you are...

It's simple statistical math...it is not lying to you. It does not measure SKILL...only SCORE. If you're looking for something to measure your SKILL, then take a nap and dream something up; because such a thing does not, and can never, exist.

The Elo system on which this is based has long ago been accepted as statistically accurate by people far more intelligent than any of us. Deal with it.

This post has been edited by Warmonger: Nov 30 2006, 10:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kaisersaucé
post Dec 1 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #29

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 20494

Hi all,

Damm it we have great admins who try their best to make us enjoy the game more and more, mean everytime i wanna connect to a server i use SL cuzz its a good interface, sometimes i look out for my rank but honestly it doesn't count it just a game.

About top 100 players, i think that many of them are good players i played against some of them and i noticed it.

So thank you SL team you've made a great job thanks.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Dec 6 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #30

yeah Thx sl!! super.gif nicken.gif super.gif
Great job for all youve done
grin.gif

And yes most of top100 are good players
I know a few of them...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 09:54 PM