Closed TopicStart new topic
> Fine tuning of the rating-system, SL
sl.ErdnussJack
post Nov 26 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Development

Group: Management

Member No.: 3

It is fact that many players in the Top100 play only once within 7 days for a short time. They don't want to mess up their ranking. Unfortunately, this isn't according to a ranking and to offer such players an incentive for playing and not penalize active players respectively we have made a "short-lived" ranking now.
This means one doesn't play, the rating is made go down easily so (after 24 hours of inactivity). The more inactive player and the higher his rating, the more steeply he falls in the ranking. The whole isn't as bad as it listens to it here.

For example, we have a 20-rating player: If he plays every two days then he loses every two days 0.03 rating points. If he plays only every 5 days then he loses 0.33 each within 5 days. Within 14 days abstinence he loses already 3.02 points. However, these are all values which one can easily make up again. How we recognize does the new modification apply primarily to players who don't play.
Active players are virtually untouched of this and that is also not bad.

In addition, we have reduced the minimum player limit from 8 to 6 players test wise and therefore more players should get a valid session. If the practice tests are positive we keep the new player limit.

--------------------

I have two brains: one is lost and the other is out looking for it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mikra<<CZ...
post Nov 26 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Private

Group: Members

Member No.: 34340

Now this is the worst idea I have ever seen!!!! I have acess to the fast internet line only at the weekend, so I play only at the weekends, that means 4 days of inactivity, so my rank falls down like 0.33 points?? Nonsense!!! So this is just a bad idea, and I dont think that I would be alone!!! You just cant touch my rank, only because I have no internet acess on weekdays!!

So what that there are inactive players? They diserve theyr rank, you should not be touching it, this is my opinion, and its a really bad idea, so I hope you will cancel this project, I was starting to like this page, its features, ranking system aso. now this? This is not even bad for players, but also for YOU!!

This post has been edited by Mikra<<CZ>>: Nov 26 2006, 10:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Milic
post Nov 26 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #3

Group Icon First Lieutenant

Member No.: 28959

yes that no good idea!
when we goon hooolidays our rating down!!

--------------------
Crack Smokin WAITING FOR YOU, COME AND FRAG WITH THE BEST! cS*Nightm@r3 ,cS*Clan Leader,cS*|Server Owner,cS*Site Administrator

+Quote Post
sl.ErdnussJack
post Nov 26 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Development

Group: Management

Member No.: 3

It is all about mainly to give the high rated players an incentive to play and not to penalize players. Therefore, we need a compromise. Aim of the update is to animate the players to playing! Because many players cower on their high rank with a short playing time in several days. if one falls littly then increases even faster again, too. We have a look at it. If there is a backlog need then we will improve of course.

--------------------

I have two brains: one is lost and the other is out looking for it.

+Quote Post
sipiatti
post Nov 27 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #5

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 23946

ErdnussJack' date='Nov 26 2006, 11:37 PM' post='30982']
It is all about mainly to give the high rated players an incentive to play and not to penalize players. Therefore, we need a compromise. Aim of the update is to animate the players to playing! Because many players cower on their high rank with a short playing time in several days. if one falls littly then increases even faster again, too. We have a look at it. If there is a backlog need then we will improve of course.

That's correct, I think it is just fair. Whoever has reached a high rank it is not allowed to sit on his prize, he should prove that he is able to keep it.
Also if someone make efforts to play as much as he could should be honorated a little against ones who plays rarely.

If somebody a "weekend player" then he should get lower ranking than the others who plays every day. That's life... A taxi driver can drive much better than a weekend driver...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Nov 27 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #6

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 32197

I dont like that new rating system
I only get to play friday, saterday and sunday
My rating is 22.50
And you are telling us that if i dont play in week my rating will go down to 22.20??
I think thats some bad idea
motz.gif
I agree its shit and unfair readthis.gif that some guys only spec and still have a rating of 26
I cant play in week cos of school
And that system is not going to be fair for all the ppl like me
bash.gif
Hope you can change it
sign_fixed.gif <---Try and do that
thanks.gif
+LKD+Er4gon#

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
-IronMonkey-
post Nov 27 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #7

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 21523

....man i really agree with this new modification...it's right!!!! sign_fixed.gif
....only i think that 1 day of no gaming isn't inactivity [-0.03] gruebel.gif (at least 2/3 days and make [-0.06/-0.09]rolleye.gif )
....i have 36,6 gaming days with my name, so i don't think that if I take 1 day pause I'm an inactive player gruebel.gif

nice work SL. team, greets -Monkey-

--------------------

VS|ARMY -Honor and Loyalty-

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Nov 27 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #8

Of course ...
Monkey
You arent even a good player
You play on a noob server
With only noobs in it
You like it cos you play each day and have good rating due to the fact you play only with noobs
and all the inactives on first page will get of ranking system
Your going to like that were won't be many REAL skilled players left
ANd you will be able to say 2 and 1

Your A REAL NOOB
old.gif

This post has been edited by Eragon: Nov 27 2006, 11:49 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
//ISS-HyperDex*
post Nov 27 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 36076

You all bother in my opinon too much about your precious ratings. That rating will never be the ultimate goal and the ranking will never be to 100 percent fair. There are too many things that effect a serious rating for example only 4 things:

1.) Like Eragon absolutly right mentioned: It matters if you play against Noobs or ET-Veterans.

2.) Many maps are such large and you must move quite a lot, you cant get enough points/min (Castle Attack) ---> You will fall, regardless if you played good or not

3.) Different spawntimes on all servers. Guys who play on servers with 8 sec spawntimes can double her ratings then guys who play on servers with 15 sec spawntime.

4.) And how much xp/minutes you get depends alot on what kind of a map you are playing, if you are playing defense or attack, and what class you are playing.

That make a fair and transparent ranking impossible...Wierd is sometimes you do a really good match and fragg like a young god and fall in the rankings and sometimes you play lala and climb up..However, Splatterladder is a good tool to see where you standing and i like it. I appreciate the hard work the splatterladder team has done but the ranking is only such a little part of the ET world and game that it shouldn`t matter at all

No offence, but there are a lot of people, who take her rankings too seriously...Play with your friends and have a good time! coffeenews.gif

PS: Here thats for The SL team for her hard work. Nice page with good informations and news! torte.gif

This post has been edited by //ISS-HyperDex*: Nov 27 2006, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
Milic
post Nov 27 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #10

Group Icon First Lieutenant

Member No.: 28959

lol yes eragon i agree you!
i am not pay 30 h and ii have got now 22.95!
iam have 22.99!

bad idea pleses!!no that!

--------------------
Crack Smokin WAITING FOR YOU, COME AND FRAG WITH THE BEST! cS*Nightm@r3 ,cS*Clan Leader,cS*|Server Owner,cS*Site Administrator

+Quote Post
hellyeah
post Nov 27 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #11

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 5448

most servers with 25+ slots have noobs on it so you get a high rating. Loads of players with a ranking of 10 can whoop the ass of players in the top10. Rating is all relative to the kind of server you play on. A Warfare / time2die server can't be compared to a telenet / BIO server. Just like HyperDex said: more slots, shorter spawntime, etpro, jaymod, etpub.

Being in the top 50 doesnt mean youre in the top 50 best ET players. It could mean you're able to throw alot of medpacks or build loads of barriers.

It's all relative :)

I like the site for tracking my friends if they turn off xfire, see where they played and with who. Rating doesnt really matter to me, however it is fun to compare your own with your friends who plays on the same servers.

Good decision SL team.

+Quote Post
sipiatti
post Nov 27 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #12

Group Icon Sergeant

Of course the main thing in this rating system that everything is relative... it is only a candy, that we have a global ranking list zwinker.gif
I think it is fair to press my rating down if I am not attending to any server, because others are doing, they should have the
feeling that they are growing.

And eragon forget global ranking, the splatter's system is a tool to track yourself. Maybe you are a pro but tell us if it is so why you need the ranking... :-)
Anyway, If you usually play on the same server, you could see how your rating changed against yourself and against your etmates.
This is for public use. If you play wars on pw protected servers your score would not be counted in your rating, so do not tell anyone that he is noob
or not, because that is a proof that you are the real noob not in playing et but deep in your brain. bash.gif doof.gif

I can tell you that I am not a pro, I am a public-lamer and I can accept the rules of this great site (regarding the tracker zwinker.gif respect.gif )
If you don't like it go and find another tracking site, or make your own if you can...

I think you are a better et player than me, but I promise that I will track you to meet on a map for a short shoot :-) just to see your capabilities ditsch.gif

See you in hell mate 01lol.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Nov 27 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #13

Any time man
I play on this server
88.191.17.88:27960
I am the 8 best on it (VPS)
Hope to see you soon
cheers.gif
But soon im going to start playing Etpro
So you will find me there 01lol.gif
And im going to give ya a lesson spanking.gif readthis.gif
That you wont forget motz.gif
oh and how old are you?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sipiatti
post Nov 27 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #14

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE(Eragon @ Nov 27 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]31030[/snapback]

Any time man
I play on this server
88.191.17.88:27960
I am the 8 best on it (VPS)
Hope to see you soon
cheers.gif
But soon im going to start playing Etpro
So you will find me there 01lol.gif
And im going to give ya a lesson spanking.gif readthis.gif
That you wont forget motz.gif
oh and how old are you?

Ok eragon, thanks for invitation I will visit you I hope this week. But prepare my noobish style! grin.gif
I think it doesn't matter how old I am but I am sure I am much more older than you because I am a
father with 2 small children, so respect my age kiddy old.gif

If you have time after 9pm I am usually on =DV= (Deadly Vikings) I remember I saw you there someday
or only your name...hmm I am not sure...

Anyway on =DV= in nowadays I often see +LKD+0wner. Is he your clanmate?
He is better than me, so now you have a benchmark to compare super.gif

You said lesson... As I am reading you I bet you only thinking about shooting, and I bet you are playing only medic.
I am objective oriented that's why I am 90% playing as an engi with a rifle (noone likes my grenades :) )
So I do not think that you can give me a lesson I am too old for this boy... maybe you can show me better shooting that's all

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eragon
post Nov 27 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #15

Yo
ok paps
Dont get exited
Yeah i did paly on DV at some time
Owner is a good pale of mine cheers.gif
Not as good as him but nearly
I hope il get to his lvl soon
grin.gif
And being an eng wit rifle grenade is noobish!
whats the skill of killing guys with a nade?
ha noobish
id love a 1vs1 man
First rifle grenade to get down to your lvl
Then mp40 and thompson and rifles
No heavy weapons
noobish again
my xfire is
tbgnum
contact me when your ready
ip of my clan server :
80.126.31.177:27960
gET ready!!
Cos i am going to give you a beating you will remeber of!

if you think i dont respect you
WEll sry
cos i do grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 03:55 PM