IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rating for non anticheat protected servers, Rating für nicht Anticheat geschützte Server
Rating for unprotected Servers
Please use the main poll on et.splatterladder.com
Please use the main poll on et.splatterladder.com [ 14 ] ** [43.75%]
Please use the main poll on et.splatterladder.com [ 10 ] ** [31.25%]
Please use the main poll on et.splatterladder.com [ 8 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Ruben0s
post May 9 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #16

Private

Group: Members

Member No.: 82362

I voted yes. I'm running a server without anticheats for several years, but I don't really care if ratings get enabled.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post May 11 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #17

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Group: Management

Member No.: 13132

I have to agree with my Clan brother Gangsta for nearly 10 years we have been flying the flag for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. spanking.gif spanking.gif To that end we have run servers that have always tried to eliminate the more unsavory aspects of gaming. bash.gif Over the years we have done our utmost to outlaw tweaks that lead to an uneven playing field, only to be shafted by Punkbuster when they arbitrarily decided to dump ET. depp.gif I personally would not be happy ever using PB again, if some other way of policing it became available i would be all for it. motz.gif As it now stands all we can hope is that we can maintain our server in such a way that makes the game fun for all and not the more devious player who is happy to play with various cheats enabled... hammer.gif LONG LIVE ET cheers.gif cheers.gif

This post has been edited by {WeB}*DoG: May 11 2012, 05:00 PM

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!

+Quote Post
b0bby
post May 12 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #18

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 84254

I think every server should be rated equally.
I don't think it's the players (nor the servers) fault that it ain't punkbuster protected anymore.
The main goal of ET is of course to have fun but it's always nice when you see how good you're doing compared to the other players.
I think you are most afraid of the rating being fucked up by cheaters, but on {WeB} we take care of cheaters ourselves and i think most clans do.
So i don't see the problem in all the servers being rated equally.

respect.gif respect.gif

+Quote Post
Psycho ][ Bird
post May 14 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #19

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 48271

Ich wäre für das Rating von Servern ohne Anticheat-Engine.

Hierbei wäre wie bei der Clan-Protokollierung der Gameserver die sl_ Setting sehr hilfreich, um ggf. den Administratoren die Wahl selbst zu überlassen, ob auf einem etwaigen Server das Rating aktiv/deaktiviert sein soll. Erhoffen könnte man dadurch das ggf. diverse Server auf denen etwaige Tools, aktiv; erlaubt sind, dem Rating fernbleiben, nebst einiger inaktiver Gameserver. Ersteres, sofern der Server-Administrator dem Rest der Community fair gegenübertreten kann.

Momentan führe ich selbst wieder bzw noch immer 3 ET Server, auf denen ich wohl oder übel PunkBuster deaktiviert habe, da es mir Benutzerunfreundlich erscheint, Neulinge oder aber Unwissende noch auf diversen Seiten oder aber Programme hinweisen zu müssen, um ohne weitere Komplikationen den Servern joinen zu können. Alá Etkey. Schade drum, da es stetig ein muss war, die zickige Anticheat-Engine zu nutzen, da PB nun den Dienst eingestellt hat, sollte man den Spieler das Rating auf ungeschützen Servern daher nicht verwehren, denn die Server ohne solcher Engine häufen sich regelrecht.

mfG

--------------------
Möge der PHP Code mit Dir sein
..::: HTH-C.com ::: HTH-GAMING.com :::..

+Quote Post
kariboe
post May 14 2012, 08:23 AM
Post #20

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 80668

I agree with my fellow clanmembers cheers.gif , plus, I don't really care about rating. It would be nice though to have a rating, so I voted the 1:1 rating. grin.gif

+Quote Post
shadowwolf
post May 15 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #21

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 104503

also ich bin dagegen .
ok pb mag zwar den support gestopt haben aber es wird immer leute geben die meinen sie müssen cheaten.
und mal ganz erlich die betrügen sich dan doch selbst. Ihr könnt mich gerne 1000 mal killen und ich kille euch nur einmal na und dan ban ich happy,
mann kan gerne das beste anti cheat toll efinden selbst das wird immer und immer wieder schwachstellen haben .
kein anti cheat toll wir perfect sein na und wenn man nunn aber da rating für solche server aktiviert könne man es auch gleich für servers mit bot drauf machen ,da kommt für mich irgent wo das gleiche raus.
das mag nur meine meinug sein aber die sthet disbezogen fest .
ausedem gibt es ja auch noch mods die ihren eigene key haben,stellt man halt die anticheat software anderes ein und scho werden leute nicht mehr ,gekcik wegen empty cd key,
trosdem ist der server dan immer noch etwas sicherer da cheat protectiuon an ist

mfg =waff=shadowwolf

--------------------

+Quote Post
100zherBG
post May 21 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #22

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 83852

Different rating is a very complicated for implementation. For example ETpro according to Jaymod with double jump and NoQuarter with different weapons isn't an equal games. My idea is a global rating only for ETpro clan servers (as it at this time) and local server rating for other servers...

EDIT: In the players page turn on local rating for all servers and create this tab ("Server Activities") main. "Player Info" my be renamed to "Map Activities" and moved to last position.

This post has been edited by 100zherBG: May 21 2012, 11:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
CSL
post May 21 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #23

Private

Member No.: 85023

[I think its a double edged sword. Without PB things become subjective because we all have a different view of alternate cheat protection. For example Silent mod has built in cheat protection(dont ask me how it works because I have no idea) so I have no problem enabling rating on Silent servers. As far as the rest of the modsit would depend on whos running the servers and understanding thier level of commitment to preventing cheating. Bottom line you folks at SL have to come up with a definitive definition of "alternate cheat protection" and enable rating on servers that you feel will stand by it.

+Quote Post
Jecoliah
post May 24 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #24

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 40560

Why does SL exist? To rate Sessions. Eventually No servers will have PB enabled and then what? SL will have no sessions to rate!

I manage the Bunker #1 Server and had to disable PB because of constant problems with PB. We Hate cheaters but PB is now Useless!
We take care of Cheaters Ourselves!

Jec

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post May 24 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #25

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (Jecoliah @ May 24 2012, 01:57 AM) *
Why does SL exist? To rate Sessions.

Jec

Splatterladder does a hell of a lot more than just rate sessions, Jec. Thanks to SL we have SL.gamelauncher, favourite server lists, buddylists, a ton of information about maps, mods and problem solving. Not to mention the great community we have here, all thanks to Splatterladder. Your comment is a bit narrow-minded, to say the least.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jecoliah
post May 24 2012, 02:43 AM
Post #26

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 40560

QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ May 23 2012, 07:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Jecoliah @ May 24 2012, 01:57 AM) *
Why does SL exist? To rate Sessions.

Jec

Splatterladder does a hell of a lot more than just rate sessions, Jec. Thanks to SL we have SL.gamelauncher, favourite server lists, buddylists, a ton of information about maps, mods and problem solving. Not to mention the great community we have here, all thanks to Splatterladder. Your comment is a bit narrow-minded, to say the least.

Trust me, I have used SL resources extensively over all the years that I have Mapped, Played and Managed a Server. I am simply saying that SL will not be Rating Sessions "at all" very soon if they don't make this change. More and More servers are not using PB. Its a simple Fact! If SL wishes to exist without rating games then that is fine, all the rest of the SL resources are still appreciated, However SL will not be what it was and what it was originally meant to be. I think you guys are Wise enough to already know this hence this Poll.

Jec

This post has been edited by Jecoliah: May 24 2012, 02:44 AM

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post May 24 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #27

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (Jecoliah @ May 24 2012, 03:43 AM) *
Trust me, I have used SL resources extensively over all the years that I have Mapped, Played and Managed a Server. I am simply saying that SL will not be Rating Sessions "at all" very soon if they don't make this change. More and More servers are not using PB. Its a simple Fact! If SL wishes to exist without rating games then that is fine, all the rest of the SL resources are still appreciated, However SL will not be what it was and what it was originally meant to be. I think you guys are Wise enough to already know this hence this Poll.

Jec

I can't argue with that, Jec, you made some good points there. That's the main reason our Clan members voted for the 1:1 rating to be enabled on all servers, with our without anti-cheat protection. Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ETc|Jay
post May 24 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #28

Group Icon Major General

Member No.: 18126

i voted for enabled rating for non punkbuster servers, because our clan stopped using punkbuster since evenbalance said they will not do any future updates. i dont care for this rating stuff, but some members asked me to post it here :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ETc|Jay
post May 24 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #29

Group Icon Major General

Member No.: 18126

ZITAT(StoerFaktoR @ May 6 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Meine Meinung dazu ist ein ganz klares NEIN für ungeschützte Server.
Es wäre unfair den Spielern gegenüber die sich hauptsächlich auf geschützten Servern
aufhalten um jeglichen Betrügereien aus dem Weg zu gehen.
Abgesehen davon ob PB & TCAC nun richtig funktionieren oder nicht.
Zumal es recht schwer werden dürfte Cheatserver NICHT in die Wertung mit einzubeziehen .Denn wer weiss
denn schon so genau auf welchen ,ungeschützten Server, das Cheaten erlaubt ist ,wenn man
ihn selber nie besucht hat.
Nicht alle Cheatserver schreiben sich als Aimbot oder Allbots Server aus...

Wie gesagt das ist nur meine Meinung.

Aber wer kann auf pb enabled Servern den nicht cheaten? Die Cheats sind doch bestimmt schon wieder alle neu programmiert das die das aller letze Update von pb aushebeln. Punkbuster ist nur ein Ram-Fresser. Und gibt nicht mal mehr nen etkey automatisch. Was spricht da noch für Punkbuster...

--------------------

+Quote Post
$mart
post Jun 2 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #30

Group Icon Major

Member No.: 59683

I've initially voted NO, but please turn it to YES because :

If cheaters can get rating, why not.
But the 5O top list will have to be studied by players, like registered SL users. When a doubt exist on one player in the top50, we just have to go on the server, play , spec, etc ... and give our feeling about yes or not this guy cheat. It would be like a VOTE on this forum with a link of the player to follow him.

So I finally vote YES, because ranks below TOP50 are not important, we will just have to be watch ranks above TOP50. Easy way, no algorithm depending on so multiple parameters that it will be always false and complained about the algorithm. Just take a coffee, spec the guy, and vote on SL if cheat yes/no.

V55 & Happy Birthday ET (I wait for the 10th) xDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 PM