Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Tree cheaters - in the name of 0_o, tata simone tata--germ!ne Suxxxxxx0_o
Nuggie
post Sep 13 2005, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Group: Members

Member No.: 3065

Suxxxxxx0_o : Dont know what this cheat is called, but running in snipingmode with a FG42... Just look at the demo (1,3MB)...

Sniper-cheat-demo

tata simone and tata--germ!ne :

If this aint a wallhack or something, then I dont know...

tata simone and tata--germ!ne find refuge on Railgun -

Tata cheaters
The Demo is 11MB so I took three little screens too)
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

They came in late in the game so only the last 10 min are interesting. They posted a "banner" ingame with some reference to 0_o in french...

Seems to me this 0_o always has something to do with cheating hense the topic title...

You deside...

=DSN= Nuggie

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Han-Solo
post Sep 13 2005, 06:18 AM
Post #2

Group Icon Captain

Member No.: 10102

hmm, this looks more like the classic "hiding in the textures bug" to me. Didn´t bother with the demo, cause even the screenshoots came pretty slowly....

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Sep 13 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #3

First off, "hiding in the textures bug" is still cheating.

Second, hopefully I get the demo that shows exactly how they did it, but my humble guess is they just walked through the wall with a "noclip" cheat.

In any case, they are still cheaters in my book.

=DSN= Nuggie

+Quote Post
Ragnar_40k
post Sep 13 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: RtCW/ET-Division

Member No.: 1791

QUOTE (Nuggie @ Sep 13 2005, 01:31 AM)
tata simone and tata--germ!ne find refuge on Railgun

There is a fix available for this exploit, which should work with ETPro and ETPub. So you should blame the server admin for not installing it. This exploit is also possible on other maps, like Goldrush or Caen.

--------------------

Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Sep 13 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #5

In other words, as long as the server allows it it's OK to use it?

Seems to be the general idea about these kind of exploit/cheats... It's sad really.

I usually dont nag about cheaters (as they never win and they cheat coz they are poor players), but I do love this game and stuff like this really ruins the game.

=DSN= Nuggie

+Quote Post
Ragnar_40k
post Sep 13 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #6

There is a difference between cheats and exploits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Han-Solo
post Sep 13 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #7

Group Icon Captain

Member No.: 10102

Now, on most servers you get warned/kicked for doing this. spanking.gif

Complain to the serveradmin, as ragnar suggested. There are not many people who know about this bug, and even fewer who can exploit it, cause as I heard you need some skills to actually hide in there... so I suppose you won´t encounter this problem very often.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Marika.FIN
post Sep 13 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 11847

I have seen this on several servers and also other exploits. Personally I hate when players do things like this(in my eyes it ruins the fun of playing). As Ragnar said talk to the server admin if you still wanna play on that server or you just go somewhere else. respect.gif

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Sep 13 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Ragnar_40k @ Sep 13 2005, 10:57 AM)
There is a difference between cheats and exploits.

Meaning an exploit is something freely used until fixed?

Remind me that when I play against you anytime soon, and I'll dig up all the exploits in the book and then I can say I've beaten u in a fair game... or did I...

Exploiting the game is the same as cheating, there is no difference in my book. And an exploit like this, that makes you "bulletproof" in a sense, is one of the worst, atleast u can kill an aimbot/wallhacker...

Luckely I dont have to play these fools and lamers as I tend to find other servers with real players quite quick.

Still, I respect your argument eventhow it pisses me off. If you're OK with exploits then who am I to argue, it's just a waste of my time to do so. You play against them and have fun, I wont.

=DSN= Nuggie

+Quote Post
Jops
post Sep 13 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #10

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 6772

just because he said there is a difference between cheats and exploits doesnt mean he likes or encourages any of them.
next time make sense of what was written.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
stenup
post Sep 14 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #11

Group Icon Master Sergeant

Member No.: 2564

ive seen it before on venice boxer.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
=]***[=LORd3bein
post Sep 14 2005, 10:58 AM
Post #12

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 9175

QUOTE (Nuggie @ Sep 13 2005, 05:11 PM)
Exploiting the game is the same as cheating, there is no difference in my book.

What would you say about a dynamite backplant at Siwa? Do you think its a cheat cause it wasnt meant to be or do axis players have to be aware that some guys can make a ladder and blast the guns from outside? I think as long as u know that those kind of "exploits" exist and that some players (ab)use them - u have to live with it. Prevent them from using the lacks of the game and there won´t be a reason for u to cryloud.gif

If u can´t - yeah, shit happens... fatal.gif

This post has been edited by =]***[=LORd3bein: Sep 14 2005, 11:09 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Wer LORd schubst, frisst Blei!

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Sep 15 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (=]***[=LORd3bein @ Sep 14 2005, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE (Nuggie @ Sep 13 2005, 05:11 PM)
Exploiting the game is the same as cheating, there is no difference in my book.

What would you say about a dynamite backplant at Siwa? Do you think its a cheat cause it wasnt meant to be or do axis players have to be aware that some guys can make a ladder and blast the guns from outside? I think as long as u know that those kind of "exploits" exist and that some players (ab)use them - u have to live with it. Prevent them from using the lacks of the game and there won´t be a reason for u to cryloud.gif

If u can´t - yeah, shit happens... fatal.gif

If you like loosing Oasis in that way, then you are welcome to be OK about it, I'm not OK about it, as it is a cowards exploit (thought this one died out last year as defense for this is eisier than stacking...). If you really want to know what exploits I'm takling about it's like the pic's above, landsharking and whatnot, dont post me on every exploit as I dont care what they are, they are still exploits.

This is a game, games have rules, the rules makes it a fair game, thus giving everyone an equal chance to win. Some might train to only use the exploits of the game to get an unfair edge, but why not just play by the rules?

Poor players tend to bend or break the rules as they are unskilled and lack the will and intelligense to be better. Cheaters are the same but are even more short of brains and skill. Is it a so difficult of a game, you have to find the yellowbackroad to win? Then play something else. We all have our limitations. No shame in that...

But it's as Ragnar 40k said: It's up to the server admins to set the rules. If human-towers are permitted then they are "fair" game. My earlier comment to him was not called for and I appoligise for that. I do get your point.

Back to topic, hideing inside a static object is a little more advanced "exploit" than stacking. You might like that too, I still dont. (and there is also fix for this, as I've been told)

In other words, what the game lacked, we can make up for by fixing it. Notify the admins and be on our way. There are 3000+ servers out there, just have to find some good ones and all is well.

I still stand by my comment. Cheaters exploit the game, those who use exploits, cheat. Is as simple as that. You do what you want, I dont care really, just dont expect ppl to like it. I'll avoid the server who dont have the fixes or set rules if I can, then I dont have to worry about it anymore.

This is as far as I go commenting this thread now, if you all did'nt get the point in the begining, then you never will. The number of mails I've got from this topic alone tells me that there are way more ppl out there who rather see a clean game than a corrupted one.

End of story.

Nuggie

+Quote Post
Ragnar_40k
post Sep 15 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (=)
***[=LORd3bein,Sep 14 2005, 10:58 AM] What would you say about a dynamite backplant at Siwa?

Dynamite back plant at Oasis (and the Oasis wall jump) is built in by design. So this is an bad example.

But other trickjumps like Fueldump wall jump or silent plants on Oasis or Fueldump are not intended exploits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
=]***[=LORd3bein
post Sep 15 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 9175

QUOTE (Ragnar_40k @ Sep 15 2005, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (=)
***[=LORd3bein,Sep 14 2005, 10:58 AM] What would you say about a dynamite backplant at Siwa?

Dynamite back plant at Oasis (and the Oasis wall jump) is built in by design. So this is an bad example.

But other trickjumps like Fueldump wall jump or silent plants on Oasis or Fueldump are not intended exploits.

I know that the backplant is not an exploit thats why I set it in "".

I like the backplant. Its axis stupidity if they dont protect the backside of the guns zwinker2.gif

@Nuggie - where did I say that I like players cheating and abusing exploits? I just said that I know most of the common exploits and I count with players trying out what they can do so I am prepared that shit can happen.
I am getting pissed off as well if someone hides in that tank at Railgun but if we cant get rid of those idiots the server gets rid of me - thats it!

--------------------
user posted image

Wer LORd schubst, frisst Blei!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:04 PM