> Community and server, don`t die quitely
schnoog
post Jan 9 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Master of Desaster

Group: Management

Member No.: 23716

Hi mates,

I`m referring to this post, made by Kool :http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?showtopic=15050&view=findpost&p=83992

He stated this:
Don't worry "DoG" , you know for us it is without doubt our last year (and i hope seriously because i am tired about all that) , what a pity when you know my server who is unique (any hundreds of hours of work on it).

Maybe you know, I`m interessted in keeping ET alive (I`ve not played ET for over 6 months, only started ET once last week for about 5 Minutes)

Based on the idea, to (re)animate the ET community, I`ve launched Wolffiles some years ago. Then I was asked to run the Splatterladder.
When I noticed that some pages are going to go offline, I`ve took backups ( mirror.splatterladder.com ) to keep the knowledge open for all.

And when I read such a statement, I`m sad about it. I can fully understand KOol, no question.
But all the work which was done should not be lost.

And now I`ll come to the point, why I`ve opened this thread:

If you`re running an ET server, which is configurized and customized by you, and this makes it unique to the community, and you wanna push the kill-switch, please contact me if this sounds good to you:

You can migrate the server to our hosting platform. And we will run all the orphaned server from time to time (maybe all the server in loop, 24/7).

Cheers
Schnoog

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jan 9 2015, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

Another very kind offer, Schnoog cheers.gif . I think I'm correct in saying that Kool isn't fed up with Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, he's actually fed up with seeing the trash servers being successful, servers designed to appeal to Rambo medic scumbags, while his own server, an excellent server indeed, is ignored.

Kool has told us that he would join our Clan if his ceases to exist. If that's the case, we wouldn't let his server die, we'd run it under our WeB banner and keep it alive and well. Thanks again for all your help and support, Schnoog bro thanks.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
daredevil
post Jan 10 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Group: Members

Member No.: 78526

Schnoog rather then running all servers why not just one community server from SL? That would make that server popular and also place provide to interact with old friends. I wish I could find more members of FAG, BEL, .bb., etc clan where I played day and night in old days.

Just a suggestion.

--------------------
Fearless Assassins Multi Gaming Community running servers for W:ET, COD4, BF3, CS:S, TF2, Minecraft and Teamspeak

+Quote Post
jemstar
post Jan 10 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 95297

I love the community spirit amongst ET players!

Schnoog, I dont know well but his passion is obvious!

As Ganster says good servers die as unique servers fade. But I guess thats just the way things go. BS is hanging by a thread but we have some good days, as well as Old/Ex members will visit quite often..just never at the same time muahahahahaha

QUOTE (daredevil @ Jan 11 2015, 03:51 AM) *
I wish I could find more members of FAG, BEL, .bb., etc clan where I played day and night in old days.

Just a suggestion.

Hehe Daredevil,

Zinhu Founder of BloodSquad and Ex F.A.G member still visits us very occasionally!! ET players may stop playing but its still in their blood and they can't give it up completely!

--------------------

+Quote Post
slim43
post Jan 10 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 48973

QUOTE (jemstar @ Jan 10 2015, 08:39 PM) *
I love the community spirit amongst ET players!

Schnoog, I dont know well but his passion is obvious!

As Ganster says good servers die as unique servers fade. But I guess thats just the way things go. BS is hanging by a thread but we have some good days, as well as Old/Ex members will visit quite often..just never at the same time muahahahahaha

QUOTE (daredevil @ Jan 11 2015, 03:51 AM) *
I wish I could find more members of FAG, BEL, .bb., etc clan where I played day and night in old days.

Just a suggestion.

Hehe Daredevil,

Zinhu Founder of BloodSquad and Ex F.A.G member still visits us very occasionally!! ET players may stop playing but its still in their blood and they can't give it up completely!

agree daredevil:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jan 10 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 13132

All I can say is "agreed" to all that has gone before I can completely understand K0ol's post it's only the past few years that I have gone from website monkey to server admin and I'm still learning and making mistakes. But I know how it feels to maintain a server and have periods where it's quiet, like I have said previously it's never been about thanks it's about players we make servers to play on. The trouble is now and for years the majority of servers have catered more for the frag junkies stat whores and Rambo medics. Nett result is that any new players that come along end up being bitch slapped or owned by people who care more about kills than keeping ET alive. Most new players pack it in before they even know how to change a class, weapon or type a message.?!

When I made the post in the future of the community thread it was a genuine desire to get a dialogue going again between like minded servers and server admins that could try and safeguard a future for our game. I can promise you that us old feckers Gangsta Coisty and myself will keep the flame going as long as we are able to supply a working server we have no interest in newer games anyone that joins our server will be welcomed and if needed assisted in how to start playing. So we WILL KEEP THE LIGHT ON...... And we are here to help and will support anything or any new idea that promotes good team play and fun for all.

cheers.gif

This post has been edited by {WeB}*DoG: Jan 10 2015, 11:54 PM

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!

+Quote Post
CS|kOoL
post Jan 11 2015, 02:25 AM
Post #7

Group Icon Sergeant Major

Member No.: 131459

Hi all,

When i have said:

Don't worry "DoG" , you know for us it is without doubt our last year (and i hope seriously because i am tired about all that) , what a pity when you know my server who is unique (any hundreds of hours of work on it).

==============================================================================

I said it exclusivly for me.

And when i use the word "tired" it is just for to express a waste...

I meaned too that if my server closes => i know i am welcome in {WeB} Team (anyway it has already been proposed to me).

And then i have to say they have the community/regular players that i have always dreamed because all play the objective without SK etc...always nice.

I love this game , i do my best on my server since any years , i think my server shows it...

When i said that the "CS|*HD* 100 MAPS" is unique i say it because i have another way to work than the others...

I say "work" because on some stuffs and maps i spent any hundreds of hours on...and keep in mind i have made all that alone.

By exemple , the 1st time you will come on my server you will have to download 150 Mo without the current map...

And these 150 Mo are totally synchronized with our own "Pack of HD textures" (none double and only any files useful for sure , for sure all has been studied).

And our own "Pack of HD textures" (more than 300 Mo and synchronized with our main files) is downloadable via a very fast link (MEGA).

I suggest to play in 1920x1080 because the menus have been made/placed in this resolution...

In fact , we have all read or heard that we have to wait an update about the graphic engine and while this wait the solution would be to remake at least the pak0...then for my server i have worked in this sense since any months.

All that for saying that there are so many things to say about my server...

In fact i am not the good person for judging but i think if you have the habit to play at this game then i guess you will be nicely amazed (and keep in mind i have stopped to work since any months).

As i often say => Nothing beats the thrill of discovery...but forced clear it is not enough.

Another exemple , on our server you can play at least on 100 maps and each map is completed about missing textures and each map is personnalized with our textures...

And many improvements of game play by scripts...for by exemple for fighting against some exploits and some trick plantings...and for getting any "CP" who become any advanced spawn...and all the respawn times of all the maps are personnalized too.

Thanks to the deloppers of the "Silent MOD" (because the server has never crashed since we run "Silent MOD") and thanks to all the mappers , without them we are nothing.

I am just tired because as we know all that the standard is => some fast play...nothing to download...bit of maps...none rule...none objective...none "AC"...a good exemple for the youngness 01lol.gif

Seriouly too when the medics are legion and are the kings then for sure it kills our favourite game , yes it tires me because my server is against all that and in fact i fight against the wind.

By exemple on my server the medics are not any X-men...on my server the adrenaline is disabled , medic self health disabled while the fight , medic auto regeneration disabled but there is the multi/monster spree ON :)

The medics on my server has be part of a team , they have to heal their teamates , they serve really to something and are not only the medics about their self :)

Ok it is true that it takes for all tastes but it makes a little too much because there are less in less servers...for me it is a sad end for this game (it is just my opinion).

There is a lie too who disturbs me , by exemple if you check the servers who have the icon ""...

How many run really at least with the generic "HDET" ? 01lol.gif

I have checked , again a bad pub for our favourite game.

As i said i love this game , anyway i will never stop to work on my server until the end , by exemple:

Soon i go again working on our main files , and i go maybe reworking our own "Pack of HD textures"...

If no i am tired too because these last 5 years it is for me at least 500€ for paying the host of the server...for sure before to know "SL hosting" :)

Fortunately i have met "Schnoog" (since February 2014) who has had the great idea to launch "SL hosting" who is just awesome about stability , awesome too about maintenance and low prices too , thanks again for that "Schnoog" !!

The "CS|*HD* 100 MAPS" would not be as stable without "SL hosting" because keep in mind the "CS|*HD* 100 MAPS" is a huge machine.

I forget any things for sure , and i am just tired to repeat the things too... bash.gif

Sorry if i have been misunderstood , i have nothing against someone or other.

I confess that this game is as a drug for me...i am just disappointed , this game deserves the best :)

Edit: I wanted to be complete...

This post has been edited by CS|kOoL: Jan 11 2015, 04:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jan 12 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #8

This is exactly why we need to fight , we must keep guys like Kool who work tirelessly with little or no reward I love his passion, last night we were map testing on wolffiles showing him a map that was new to him and straight away his first thought was how to improve it. We alienate and lose guys like Ko0l at our peril !

--------------------

+Quote Post
#AleX
post Jan 13 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 451603

ETF will be represented Friday

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jan 13 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #10

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (#AleX @ Jan 13 2015, 07:40 PM) *
ETF will be represented Friday

It will be great to see you there, Alex cheers.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Jan 15 2015, 01:39 PM
Post #11

For those wanting to download all the cool squad server files ahead of Friday's frag here is the link...

http://www.filedropper.com/fridayeventcoolsquad

cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jemstar
post Jan 16 2015, 08:20 AM
Post #12

Group Icon Sergeant

I will try and be there in about 12hrs from now!!

I played on CS last weekend, After DL all the files manually I still couldnt get my Legacy client to work there but my trusty 2.60b client worked no issues!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CS|kOoL
post Jan 16 2015, 08:43 AM
Post #13

Group Icon Sergeant Major

Member No.: 131459

QUOTE (jemstar @ Jan 16 2015, 08:20 AM) *
I will try and be there in about 12hrs from now!!

I played on CS last weekend, After DL all the files manually I still couldnt get my Legacy client to work there but my trusty 2.60b client worked no issues!!!

Hi Jem,

I did not know you had this problem , don't worry now it is fixed...come back bro !

cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jemstar
post Jan 16 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #14

Group Icon Sergeant

Thanks man,

Its a Silent/legacy issue i think. It's been working on some Silent servers but had a profile issue. I Deleted my silent folder completely and put files in manually but could join server but got kicked with profile error still.

I will try now with Legacy..if it doesn't work I will just join with ET!!

EDIT: Works fine now with Legacy!!!

Nicely done!!

This post has been edited by jemstar: Jan 16 2015, 08:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Jan 18 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Member No.: 31172

Would love to throw my server into "rotation" if you want me be a part of it. Even if we all know my server is empty except the bots rolleye.gif

Runs now on silent with PB enabled., only original maps + Venice atm and small Modpacks. The Modpack is not fully compatible with silent pointing to the weapons MP44 instead of MP40 and Crossbow instead of FG-42 wont show in Limbo but ingame. Also a Teamswap is enabled each Mapchange to force cross-side attacking teams.

If you like to check it out, join: 148.251.46.49:27980
sl.serverpage

Comments or suggestions to improve it are welcome grin.gif

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM