Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ETpro incompatibel to ET 2.60b / temporary icon on serverlist, RTCWET
sl.Binaural
post May 10 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Chief_Translator

Group: RtCW/ET-Division

Member No.: 655

Clients running ET 2.60b which want to connect to ETpro-Server with ET 2.60b installed will be rejected. As a solution for the transition period until ETpro is compatible, the gameservers should be patched to version 2.60b. Players with an unpatched ET (ET v2.60) should only connect to server which seem to be confident to them. The ones who have not back-uped their executables can download them from here to avoid a re-installation.

-[Download ET 2.60 Binaries (Windows) ]-

Quote reyalp:
''FWIW, servers should be able to update and work with the latest etpro (I only tested it very briefly, so there may be something I missed). If clients update, they will be kicked by etpro for integrity, regardless of which server version they connect to.
Updating servers is probably a good idea, since the directory traversal thing can have quite nasty consequences. The remapshader thing requires malicious serveradmins, which are a problem even without that exploit.
If you are using ETTV as your server executable, you may want to turn off sv_allowdownload. The patch readme suggests you can use www redirects with this off, but I'm pretty sure it disables both.''

source: Banimod forums

news-source: wolfmap

Important addition: Our sl.-database has been adjusted to the new 'circumstances'. In the gobal and private serverlist the patched servers will be marked with an icon IPB Bild. This icon is only temporary until there are no more incompabilities to mods, clients, server etc. Your sl.-Team!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:22 PM