macbeth
post Jan 30 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Colonel

Group: Management

Member No.: 97334

i been looking around for an old et map and found this site:

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/13371

seems you have to pay for downloads ? then if i did the same for our site i will be rich lol

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Jan 30 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 438751

QUOTE (macbeth @ Jan 30 2018, 07:19 PM) *

seems you have to pay for downloads ? then if i did the same for our site i will be rich lol

Actual --beep-- 'legal' a la smart way scam trustworthy people with their wallets. If else someone had been taken to court now being donated awful lot of monees with no trace of such actions done.

Then if you did the same for your site, nobody will go visit that if not the search engine bots.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jan 30 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

I never realised that you had to pay in order to download anything from that website. Anyway, the only Wolfenstein websites I focus on are Splatterladder, Wolffiles, ET:Stuff and Wolfenstein4ever, with an occasional visit to ModDB.

--------------------

+Quote Post
daredevil
post Feb 2 2018, 02:37 AM
Post #4

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 78526

QUOTE (macbeth @ Jan 30 2018, 07:19 PM) *

No, not really. Not all pay to download. Downloading from webserver is free for users downloading it but website owners pays the bill every month for that.

Give it a try and I can guarantee you that you will not be rich. I would trade crypto's in order to get rich.

--------------------
Fearless Assassins Multi Gaming Community running servers for W:ET, COD4, BF3, CS:S, TF2, Minecraft and Teamspeak

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Feb 2 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 97334

@ DD i dont agree to have to pay for maps who are free like is still this great Game ET :p
and yes i know it cost a lot for the websites owner

https://enemyterritory-stuff.net/gallery/image/235-nexuspng/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Feb 4 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 439171

QUOTE (macbeth @ Feb 2 2018, 04:13 PM) *
@ DD i dont agree to have to pay for maps who are free like is still this great Game ET :p

Please le me throw my 50 cents in too. I am personally offended by people who take my work (or the work of others who made free maps) to then provide them for a payed download. This is actually specifically declared unwanted in my and many other readme files, in which it clearly says "no one is allowed to make profit with this map". those folks should be banned and haunted wherever we can get a hold on them. What's coming next, that I have to pay bith bitcoins to be allowed to join a server for playing?

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Feb 4 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #7

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (Teuthis @ Feb 4 2018, 09:22 PM) *
.......I am personally offended by people who take my work (or the work of others who made free maps) to then provide them for a payed download. This is actually specifically declared unwanted in my and many other readme files, in which it clearly says "no one is allowed to make profit with this map".......

super.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Feb 4 2018, 07:51 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 438751

QUOTE (Teuthis @ Feb 4 2018, 08:22 PM) *
What's coming next, that I have to pay bith bitcoins to be allowed to join a server for playing?

Seems right about that. Too much dark net activity on the internet brings ludicrous trends to suck money out companies and individuals in a legal like way, at first glance. WWW grows. So grow the negativity around those ones who care less about others than their nose. One third of internet people often don't have their own identity that can use someone else. They are always right, the Rightful Ones, yet inherent to evil itself, with no certain idea what makes the human being a human at first place and what is appreciation or any value, living in an isolated reality of theirs.

Hopefully that yours fear won't ever happen else we're doomed to be slave of the b*tchy side of internet & the millenials who will run us for mules.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WuTangH
post Feb 4 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 90777

I have to say, I dont see a problem about the idea of Nexusmods at all. Modders spend a lot of time on their hobby, so giving them few bucks is quite nice.
If you read whats it about, you can see that people dont pay to the site at all, and download is free for everyone. Money are collected by Nexusmod admins, and from donations.
Also, Nexusmods are not a site where you can just upload someone elses work. Im sure they will keep an eye on who is the real author, as they explained in that long post.
So long-in-short, everything will be the same, but modders get some money. :)

I think it can bring more mods to us, and help to keep released mods maintained, as the motivation for authors will be bigger now.

+Quote Post
daredevil
post Feb 6 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #10

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 78526

QUOTE (macbeth @ Feb 2 2018, 03:13 PM) *

I didn't say, I agree to pay for download. I was just telling you that you wouldn't be rich by charging for download and also mentioning the fact that downloading website is not free of cost to anyone. It was reply to your statement - "seems you have to pay for downloads ? then if i did the same for our site i will be rich lol"

If I have the rights to distribute i.e. it's my work, I would charge for it. If I am hosting someone else work, I wouldn't charge for it as I don't hold the rights for it.

Nothing free last forever, unless it's making revenue somehow to cover the cost and hence you see subscription system now for mostly everything. Even the games come out in DLC format to keep development alive. That's the nature of business.

This post has been edited by daredevil: Feb 6 2018, 10:53 PM

--------------------
Fearless Assassins Multi Gaming Community running servers for W:ET, COD4, BF3, CS:S, TF2, Minecraft and Teamspeak

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 AM