> I need your help, ....but psssst....
schnoog
post Feb 4 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Master of Desaster

Group: Management

Member No.: 23716

Hi mates,

in order to save all the files collected on Wolffles for the future, I'm trying something which would be a real low cost solution.

I will try to mirror all files kept on wolffiles on Google Drives.

As you maybe know, Google offers a 15GB drive to any user.

So, what would be easier than creating a dozen of new Google account, mirror each and every single file to them (switching to the next account when 15GB are reached)?
Then sharing all the files, and put a list with the now public google drive links and the files which are hold on them on a public github.

As a result, all files would be save as long as Google and Github are alive....

That's the theory.
I've created a new google account today, without any problem.
But when I tried to create a second one, I had no success, because this time a cell phone number was requested.

It seems to me, that from each IP, only one account without linking it to a cell phone can be created.

That's the point, where I need your help.

It would be great, if some of you could register a new google account and sending me the new google email address and also the password.
(Please don't send me public available account credentials from any leak. It's would be sad if all the maps, mods and other files would be deleted because of this)
(not to mention: don't use your real credentials. I'll have to change the password in order to push the files to the drive. You will lost the ownership of the account).

Thanks in advance

Schnoog

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Feb 4 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 97334

i made just a new one will sent you via email

done

when did you plan to stop wolffiles ?

i can still dl many maps from your site to add them at et stuffs but will add only the last maps versions

This post has been edited by macbeth: Feb 4 2018, 02:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
schnoog
post Feb 4 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #3

I have not planned to take down wolffiles. Just to backup it for ever and make the links available to everybody.

Thanks for the pm. I copy pasted and typed in the password, but it says it's incorrect sadd.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Feb 4 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 438751

Oh my god. Wolfmap died, every little bit of data diminished, that can not happen too! Wolffiles you also host schnoog-bro?!

Have you revised the idea to archive the site and keep it online? Like Fileplanet did lock uploading of files then users can only download things? Mirroring ton of data to Google proven to delete anything, anytime for its bogus excuse TOS... aaaa... ugh... All lost cause in the end.

Tell me, how much the whole filebase weighs? 100-200 GBs?

I myself am ready, if you provide users a way, download anything as long as I have enough disc space on a separate HDD (I think my max cap is 500 GB) and try to also spread that to dozens of other users to have, while keep the whole thing secure and on at least another HDD so I have a restore point. Asking like it might be too much to handle for myself, it sounds easy if you think it is, then it might be harder than your mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Feb 4 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #5

For the sake of our souls, our brothers, colleagues, family and the living beings, schnoog, do not shut the door before we find a way save the Wolffiles for us and the whole Enemy Territory brotherhood.

Wolfmap died far too quick, without owners caring for sharing a fine collection of dozen man made wonders. And is done now, some of the rarest RTCW stuff died with that website, and I wasn't unable to recover anything in their sudden decision to just knock it off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Feb 4 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Colonel

schnoog i will try again right now

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Feb 4 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #7

Group Icon Colonel

done

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Feb 4 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Colonel

Works now Schnoog?

--------------------

+Quote Post
schnoog
post Feb 4 2018, 03:42 PM
Post #9

Is working now, thanks alot.

another 15GB.... :)

Will finally generate a file list similar to this one:
https://pastebin.com/Kq1SVHJm

and a parsed html page is planned to be added to github.

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Feb 4 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #10

Group Icon Colonel

Good Luck i started to dl the maps from wolfiles

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Feb 4 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #11

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

Hi Schnoog bro,

Please remember what I said to you on "Facebook" about both websites. Our Clan runs our own servers, therefore, we could back up, in their entirety, both websites, (Splatterladder and Wolffiles). All we need are the details regarding this, i.e. the size of the websites and the bandwidth usage that's required to run them both.

This will cost you nothing, bro, you've done more than enough for us over the years. Our Clan will pay for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Feb 4 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #12

Always remember fellas, its not about having a bunch of zips thrown in sum filehost with controversial reputation. Its saving one half of the game. Wolf ET won't have made any success out of it if it wasn't for a) maps, b) mods. Of anything substantial Wolffiles hits the numero uno spot that feeds the server traffic. This is the last important thing to consider giving the game a DEAD status.

If anything I would like to be disclosed details about the size of the whole filebase, then I'll think up if I can store that anywhere (if not in full, parts of it) to have as a last measure if in future any mirrors provided stops working.

I also would like to know if a full backup of SL can be made like a ''browseable'' (to use offline, within your browser) , with all the content, the news page publications, the forum, wiki, until the day its closed down. The Stat page I care least about, anything else I think its important from a history perspective.

I still think Google Drive is last minute option. It still works so we can download the stuff before its gone months after becomes unavailable due Google respects your GDrive storage.

--------------------

+Quote Post
schnoog
post Feb 4 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #13

Guys, no need to worry at the moment.

THERE IS NO PLAN TO SHUT DOWN WOLFFILES!

Wolffiles was my first public development project and still is my baby.
So the required backup place for Splatterladder will be available in the future

THERE IS NO PLAN TO SHUT DOWN WOLFFILES!

But the backup of Wolffiles is a big part of the harddisk of the server which hosts the SL.

(SL , Forum and Splattervoice need to be hosted as virtual machines Linux Containers (LXC) on an Proxmox server. With about 500GB of Disk and >12GB Ram
The codebase behind the SL is old and not suitable to run under the newest operating systems. Therefore a lot of backports are required to keep the machine save.
To keep SL on the root itself could possibly be a security issue (thats one reason I splitted up Tracker and Forum on different virtual machines
)

This is more a "disaster-recovery", not as a standard download target.

At the moment, the filebase is roughly 100GB in size.

The full (and always up-to-date) file-list is available here: https://wolffiles.de/wolffiles_filelist.txt (regenerated when ever a new file is added)

This file list can be used a link-list for wget for example.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Feb 4 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #14

Group Icon General of the Army

Member No.: 12398

Thanks for the info, Schnoog bro, I'll let Dogster and the lads know too. That is one epic file list schockiert.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
lolroy
post Feb 4 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 454233

Would be also a good idea if you can 'pack' all the WF filebase into one or many torrent files (i.e. split by categories) and share it. Easier to download for those people who want to keep the whole DB offline and maybe a good option to also have it online and available to download :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:15 PM