keMoN
post Oct 2 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 90298

ETL Bergen v1]
----- Overhaul of the original Bergen by Detoeni-----

This game has seen many years go by and is yet loved by many. To properly honor this, the second map that has been overhauled as part of the ET: Legacy asset creation effort is "Bergen, by Detoeni", who of course still deserves all the credit for the original level-design.
This version is merely a visual overhaul of one of the most popular maps this game has ever seen. This is the first version of this map for ET: Legacy.

A big thank you to Titeuf for filming the trailer.

-----Story-----
The Unterseebootwaffe of the 11th flotilla is harassing Allied shipping in the North Sea. As Operation Arrow descends on the Bergen area of Norway the Axis must protect the base from Allied attempts at sabotage.

-----Changelog-----
to original:
* VO announcements have been adapted by Radar.
– As long as both Main and Side Entrance are active VO is: “defend/destroy entrances”
– As soon as one has been breached VO is: “defend/destroy the side OR main entrance”
* VO announcements for the Footbridge have been added.
* Alarm now sounds in the entire base when either the Side- or Main Entrance have been breached instead of separated alarms.
* The snapping of the tank at certain view-angles has been fixed
* If the Allies hold both the Forward Bunker flag and the CP, the flag is “temporarily secured” until the CP is lost again.
* The Forward Door (before, Transmitter Door 3) is now linked to the generator.
* Spectator limbo cam has been fixed (was inside of terrain).
* Construction materials have been made in the style of original maps.
* Teleport and secret room have been removed.
* Axis rear spawn has been restructured to allow for faster exit.
* Plane shooting down the tank has been replaced with a V1 Rocket to create narrative link to V1_Rocket map by FireFly, which is on the list to be overhauled as well.
* Entity count has been reduced from 568 to 498.
* Structural mesh and VIS blocking have been improved by adjusting vertical differences of the floors.
* Visual changes have been made.

-----Comparison Screenshots-----

See the release post on Splash Damage forums.
//EDIT: FOR WHATEVER REASON LINKS TO SPLASH DAMAGE FORUMS ARE PROHIBITED, SO PLEASE FIX THE LINK BELOW AND COPY/PASTE IT MANUALLY, IF YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED:
//https://forums (dot) splashdamage.com/t/etl-bergen-by-detoeni/233312

-----Download-----

ModDB
(Sourcefiles included)

-----Specs-----
Author: Detoeni
Overhaul: kemon
Brush count: 16.780
Entity count (total): 1.454
Entity count (ingame): 498
Compile parameters: [q3map2] -meta -v -mv 1024 -mi 6144 "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -vis -saveprt -v "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -light -samples 8 -samplesize 16 -v -thresh 0.05 -patchshadows -dirty -dirtdepth 256 -external -lightmapsize 1024 -shade -bounce 2 -bouncegrid "[MapFile]"

-----Notes-----
The mapfile is included.
Original bot waypoints will not work! Please stand by, they will be worked on in the coming days/weeks.

This post has been edited by keMoN: Oct 2 2018, 01:48 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 2 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #2

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

Thanks for the news, Kemon, I'm looking forward to testing the new map version nicken.gif .

QUOTE (keMoN @ Oct 2 2018, 03:47 PM) *
See the release post on Splash Damage forums.
//EDIT: FOR WHATEVER REASON LINKS TO SPLASH DAMAGE FORUMS ARE PROHIBITED...

Splashdamage only allow their forum members to see posted screenshots, Kemon, as a result none of us can view them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Oct 2 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Oct 2 2018, 06:40 PM) *
Splashdamage only allow their forum members to see posted screenshots, Kemon, as a result none of us can view them.

Back in the days yes. But since a few weeks/months they have a new forum software in place that shows attached screenshots to all visitors.
Even if it would still be the old system, the screenshots are not attached to the post but rather linked from imgur. If you had checked, you would have noticed ;)

This post has been edited by keMoN: Oct 2 2018, 11:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 3 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (keMoN @ Oct 3 2018, 01:10 AM) *
....If you had checked, you would have noticed ;)

True, but I rarely have any urge to visit that website, matey. I've seen their new forum set up, though, it's absolutely awful zwink.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Oct 3 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Oct 3 2018, 12:08 PM) *
True, but I rarely have any urge to visit that website, matey. I've seen their new forum set up, though, it's absolutely awful zwink.gif .

Oh yes, absolutely grin.gif
It looks shiny and all, but on the feature side it's a bit lacking.
Mainly you can't downvote spam posts anymore. I'm not a big fan of that. However, now the mobile version works well, so there is that.^^

But there is something comforting about the SL forum style. It's been like that for ages. Good old times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 3 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (keMoN @ Oct 3 2018, 05:41 PM) *
But there is something comforting about the SL forum style. It's been like that for ages. Good old times.

Yep, I don't think our dear ol' "SL" will ever change its style and I can't say that I'm too unhappy about that either old.gif .

whistling.gif grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
$mart
post Oct 7 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #7

Group Icon Major

Member No.: 59683

Hello and thanks a lot for this new map !!!
Must put-it now in production mode xD please can you update forum when botfiles will be OK ?
thanks.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
harlekin
post Oct 10 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 2695

Great work. Thank you

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Oct 20 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #9

ETL Bergen v3
----- Overhaul of the original Bergen by Detoeni-----

This game has seen many years go by and is yet loved by many. To properly honor this, the second map that has been overhauled as part of the ET: Legacy asset creation effort is "Bergen, by Detoeni", who of course still deserves all the credit for the original level-design.
This version is merely a visual overhaul of one of the most popular maps this game has ever seen. This is the third version of this map for ET: Legacy.

A big thank you to Titeuf for filming the trailer.

-----Story-----
The Unterseebootwaffe of the 11th flotilla is harassing Allied shipping in the North Sea. As Operation Arrow descends on the Bergen area of Norway the Axis must protect the base from Allied attempts at sabotage.

-----Changelog-----
to previous version:
* Fixed caulk in terrain at forward bunker and northern courtyard. Thank you ryven for reporting.
* Fixed side entrance being unplantable when footbridge was constructed. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
* Fixed missing footbridge related VO sound for Axis
* Fixed bug where sound wouldn't play when main entrance got destroyed
* Fixed 3 terrain spots where it was possible for the player to either get stuck or be obstructed in their way. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
* Added cabinet marker in the command map. Thank you IR4T4 and Ensiform for reporting.
* Added lights in forward bunker. Thank you Ensiform for reporting.
* Added audible feedback to generator door levers when generator is destroyed.
* Added base alarm sounding whenever the transmitter area gets breached. This replaces the simple text announcement. Thank you ryven and WuTangH for debugging.
* Added ambient sounds (capturable flag, crickets in nature and birds in trees). Thank you IR4T4 for reporting.
* Adjusted trigger_hurt of v1 rocket to cover entire explosion area. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
* Adjusted terrain at side entrance to prevent the easiest TJs. Thank you Aciz and ryven for extensive feedback.
* Adjusted MG murderhole at side entrance to reduce shooting against the insides. Also adjusted its varc. Thank you ryven for reporting.
* Adjusted tree at side path to no longer be partially inside the cliff. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
* Replaced generator command map icon with standard icons to clarify mission objective. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
* Replaced tree between forward bunker and allied mg blocking line of sight. Thank you Mateos for reporting.
* Removed little tree at side path blocking movement and visibility. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
* Reduced brushcount of terrain significantly and added hills between forward bunker and rear base to increase VIS blocking and performance. Thank you Aciz and ryven for reporting.

v2 to v1:
* Various clipping issues have been fixed, where players could get stuck. Thank you Aciz and WuTangH for reporting.
* Various TJ possibilities have been removed, to prevent not intended, easy access to map objectives. Thank you Aciz for reporting.
– As a result, the river at the Side Entrance had to be widened as the only real solution.
* Lighting has been improved at various locations. Thank you Aciz for reporting.
* A missing shader issue at the transmitter controls has been fixed. Thank you [UJE]Niek for reporting.
* Side Entrance entity setup has been revised. Thank you ryven for debugging.
* Bot waypoints are now available at the omnibot repo. Thank you Mateos for creating bot support.
* Terrain shader issue inside the bunker corridors, which lead to dirt splashes when shooting the ground, has been resolved. Thank you [UJE]Niek for reporting.
* Terrain brushwork has been adjusted to remove a caulk leak at the main entrance. Thank you ryven for reporting.
* Ambient sounds have been added for 2 fireplaces and 1 generator. Thank you IR4T4 for reporting.
* Moved a hovering lamp at the transmitter controls bunker. Thank you Aciz for reporting.

to original:
* VO announcements have been adapted by Radar.
– As long as both Main and Side Entrance are active VO is: “defend/destroy entrances”
– As soon as one has been breached VO is: “defend/destroy the side OR main entrance”
* VO announcements for the Footbridge have been added.
* Alarm now sounds in the entire base when either the Side- or Main Entrance have been breached instead of separated alarms.
* The snapping of the tank at certain view-angles has been fixed
* If the Allies hold both the Forward Bunker flag and the CP, the flag is “temporarily secured” until the CP is lost again.
* The Forward Door (before, Transmitter Door 3) is now linked to the generator.
* Spectator limbo cam has been fixed (was inside of terrain).
* Construction materials have been made in the style of original maps.
* Teleport and secret room have been removed.
* Axis rear spawn has been restructured to allow for faster exit.
* Plane shooting down the tank has been replaced with a V1 Rocket to create narrative link to V1_Rocket map by FireFly, which is on the list to be overhauled as well.
* Entity count has been reduced from 568 to 524.
* Structural mesh and VIS blocking have been improved by adjusting vertical differences of the floors.
* Visual changes have been made.

-----Download-----

ModDB
(Sourcefiles included)

-----Specs-----
Author: Detoeni
Overhaul: kemon
Brush count: 15.520
Entity count (total): 1.517
Entity count (ingame): 524
Compile parameters: [q3map2] -meta -v -mv 1024 -mi 6144 "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -vis -saveprt -v "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -light -samples 8 -samplesize 16 -v -thresh 0.05 -patchshadows -dirty -dirtdepth 256 -external -lightmapsize 1024 -shade -bounce 2 -bouncegrid "[MapFile]"

-----Notes-----
The mapfile is included.
Original bot waypoints will not work! Please stand by, they will be worked on in the coming days/weeks.

This post has been edited by keMoN: Oct 20 2018, 11:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Oct 20 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #10

Thanks for the latest update, KeMoN thanks.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
$mart
post Oct 28 2018, 12:17 PM
Post #11

Group Icon Major

Member No.: 59683

Hello - no news for botfiles ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Oct 28 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #12

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 439171

this ETL version of the map shaped up very well. I am very pleased with the results. Subtile but eye catching improvements. From the mapping side, i am still stunned that 15,500 brushes is all it took :)

Very well done Kemon. Great work.

Did you needed to adjust the hint brushes and portals too? But I guess these days the hardware is strong enough to overcome tris problems due to too much rendering at a time.

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Oct 28 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Teuthis @ Oct 28 2018, 05:08 PM) *
this ETL version of the map shaped up very well. I am very pleased with the results. Subtile but eye catching improvements. From the mapping side, i am still stunned that 15,500 brushes is all it took :)

Very well done Kemon. Great work.

Did you needed to adjust the hint brushes and portals too? But I guess these days the hardware is strong enough to overcome tris problems due to too much rendering at a time.

Thank you for your kind words.
I do agree, the improvements are very subtle. I'm very happy with how the overhaul turned out. To be honest, the overhaul I'm currently working on for Ice isn't that great. Bergen had a very distinctive and unique look already and it was pretty easy to work with that, but Ice has no style at all imo. There is nothing that can really be emphasized and be worked with, so my changes stand out way too much. I guess we'll see what the community says.

I did change the structural layout a bit, yes. That is why the original bot-waypoints aren't compatible anymore. Also the mountain between the forward bunker and the inner bunker is higher to block VIS better. Reduced from 70k to 45k tris at the Allied mg hill for example.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 PM