Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playing Enemy Territory legit or not!
{WeB}*DoG*
post Apr 16 2016, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Group: Management

Member No.: 13132

In an effort to clarify an unwanted situation I am making this post here so as to hopefully make clear our position. As some may have seen shepherd has made some comments in shoutbox which he is certainly entitled to make. But I want to hopefully resolve it before it escalates. Do I think you are a cheat?.... NOT AT ALL... Do you use supposedly acceptable exploits to give you an advantage?...ABSOLUTELY !! are they scripts or keystrokes.? ... Without being behind you watching you play I couldn't say!

Our server mission statement as you join says ....Scripted players will not be tolerated......the situation came to a head last night teams were 7 v 7 and more than half the squad were upset with your play. We have a lot of players with a lot of experience and 4 of them have been server admins. All agreed you were what we would call scripted. When we stopped the server you yourself said " you had no scripts " but you would be happy to show us " legit exploits I've learned over the years" I asked for a copy of your config so we could discuss it further. But you wanted to continue debate and again our mission statement says respect admin decisions we said we would discuss it and get back to you but sadly as you would not leave you were temporarily banned pending a clan vote!

The ET community size is reducing this we understand and our guys have remained loyal and supportive of us because we police our server to make it a fun place for all not just a select few. Are you a better player than most?yeah probably!.. are you 2-3 times better ?.. Only with the exploits ... I am afraid to say. Do you play for the team? not always, and the final part of the jigsaw is that we state we are a teamplay server..... These are exploits and factors we don't want or want used when we play does that mean we are wrong to expect this? ... I can't say but I as clan leader and I know Gangsta will agree have to put our guys ahead of anyone coming in and upsetting the majority.

I am sad it has come to this and I do wish you all the best I will report back as to the result of the clan vote but I believe what you find acceptable and what we find acceptable are so far apart I cannot imagine enough of a comprimise from either side that the other would find agreeable.
All the very best Dogster bash.gif

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
n7shepard
post Apr 16 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #2

Private

Group: Members

Member No.: 461665

I was obviously joking about a bot..my config is the same as from 2005 when I started playing et.

im usualy the one that accuses others from cheating, and if some1 can beat me I suspect Them, that's how i see it, don't even know what i can say about how much i hate fakers...
most ppl that know me , know how i play, fast close combat..when i started at web it was the same as it was last night though, me kidding about hack or exploit is somtn i do for many years, i thought web guys knew that by now.

me showing you my exploit is not what i said, i said i learned all kinds of tips and tricks over the years its all legit btw its just how to shoot decent in first person shooters.
also i suggested to go practice aiming and shooting with you guys in one on one...back when et was at its top i did it with my friends and it improved my aim each time wed go one on one, and its fun to do..

i soloed platinum in mass effect 3 to the 8th wave, if you goolge it, you'l see a hard battle..that much chaos for 1 person makes you learn tactic and forces how to learn how to shoot.

i learned how to aim over the years, and i aim to make headshots, battlesense to me means not walking the same path like a bot and just be cannonfodder, i like to wander off to back my team from spots my enemy wont exepct.
being an experienced player on a good connection does not make me a fraude does it..
i just want to play with a decent connection, remaining servers are 100-150 ping full with medrambos i cant stand, and hardly any basic rules left like sk/sc etc.

i only changed the silent fov cause it fits my screen best at 1920-1080 and i use a dot as crosshair. hunk and soundmegs aren't exploits im sure, and that's all ive changed in et.
but im sure sending my config will not change your mind anymore..

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG*
post Apr 16 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Group: Management

Member No.: 13132

I was very clear I do not think you are a cheat Shep! But I do think you use exploits, I also know that most think that they are ok. WE DONT.... The point I am trying to make is just as you don't find it fun with rambo medics on other servers our guys don't find it fun when you effectively do the same to them on our server. So as one of the clan leaders I had to act. One person spoiling fun for 14 is not great you may feel hard done by but I have to think about the majority and the majority are the ones who pay for the server. The rules are there for a reason in the recent past there have been discussions about your play but I and the other leaders did not want to act but when the bulk of our guys feel there is something wrong someone has to take charge. So its done, we have started a poll on our website and I will report back. The simple fact Shep is no-one likes getting owned I have read your posts here when you get killed so we are no different ...except for one thing....they pay for the server and they have a choice when someone stops making it fun for the guys that pay the bills! If it helps this was our exact argument with wet4all when one guy was spoiling it for the majority so we are constant on this!

All the best
Dogster

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!

+Quote Post
slim43
post Apr 16 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 48973

QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Apr 16 2016, 05:50 PM) *
I was very clear I do not think you are a cheat Shep! But I do think you use exploits, I also know that most think that they are ok. WE DONT.... The point I am trying to make is just as you don't find it fun with rambo medics on other servers our guys don't find it fun when you effectively do the same to them on our server. So as one of the clan leaders I had to act. One person spoiling fun for 14 is not great you may feel hard done by but I have to think about the majority and the majority are the ones who pay for the server. The rules are there for a reason in the recent past there have been discussions about your play but I and the other leaders did not want to act but when the bulk of our guys feel there is something wrong someone has to take charge. So its done, we have started a poll on our website and I will report back. The simple fact Shep is no-one likes getting owned I have read your posts here when you get killed so we are no different ...except for one thing....they pay for the server and they have a choice when someone stops making it fun for the guys that pay the bills! If it helps this was our exact argument with wet4all when one guy was spoiling it for the majority so we are constant on this!

All the best
Dogster

I agree with u dog :) any 1 got a big spoon :)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 04:42 PM