Closed TopicStart new topic
> Protecting servers
badboykirk
post Oct 7 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members

Member No.: 94073

was reading responses here about the ET servers problem and this goes mainly out to Krauersaut and NHLfan who seem to be enormous experts in this field

since, luckily, I'm not only a "talented league gamer" as you called someone that pointed out your ignorance but also someone with a degree and experience in this particular field of interest, I'm interested in how exactly do we need to protect our servers better?

just to remind you of quotes such as these:
Secure your servers or get a good host

skooli and burneddie, if they cant make the servers more secure then they should stop to rent a server.

Since the Server still is attacked, it seems the server is not secure enough.

Your server doesn't seem to be secure enough, otherwise your firewall would just drop these attacks.

could you please explain how to make our servers more secure?

just to clarify things, I work for a company that, among other things, deals with security and we use a various number of tools to stop ddos attacks, from software to hardware solutions, and we charge from 100 to 300€ monthly

so now, knowing that, I ask you again, if you'd please explain how does one prevent ddos attacks, since you speak about it so lightly and make it seem like it's a piece of cake?

(oh and you have problems understanding, it's not about one single server, it's about all the PRIVATE competition servers and for ET game port IS the query port)

Thank You in advance

This post has been edited by badboykirk: Oct 7 2010, 03:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TomDome
post Oct 7 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Tastenklimperer

Group: Management

Member No.: 31172

I really start getting bored when reading all those threads about the same subject.

This one is closed and i take the right to simply delete any new opened topic without any doubt.

You guys name us ignorant, well what are you then? To heaten up the fire i say you guys are the ignorant bunch complaining about a service that runs for 6 years now, claiming NOW this is our fault that your gameservers are not safe anymore - while they seem to have been save the last 5.9 years or smth like that?

The more you yell - the less will happen. Think about that.

--------------------
cheers Tom
...providing service for the sl since 2006.

Dont forget, this site is about games, friends and fun. Keep it all nice and friendly.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:19 AM