Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soundpack smaller?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
TheMag!c
Hi, everybody. As I'm quite new on this forum I didn't know where to ask this or if they asked this before but anyway...

I have made a soundpack for a server and every single file works perfect and there are no problems in testing the file.

But the problem is that the file is too big ( 32.6 MB ) and people don't like to wait when they enter a server rolleye.gif . So I have the following question:

Is it possible to make the file smaller, or to make the wavs smaller? And how?

Thanks!

Mag!c grin.gif
Krauersaut
QUOTE (TheMag!c @ Apr 14 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Hi, everybody. As I'm quite new on this forum I didn't know where to ask this or if they asked this before but anyway...

I have made a soundpack for a server and every single file works perfect and there are no problems in testing the file.

But the problem is that the file is too big ( 32.6 MB ) and people don't like to wait when they enter a server rolleye.gif . So I have the following question:

Thanks!

Mag!c grin.gif

Try to compress the ZIP-File with a higher value before renaming it to pk3.
TheMag!c
QUOTE(Krauersaut @ Apr 14 2009, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE(TheMag!c @ Apr 14 2009, 01:57 PM) *

Thanks!

Mag!c grin.gif

Yes, but is there a way to make the 'wavs' smaller cause they take a lot of space...
Maybe there is a program. I've tried switch sound file converter before but then the songs
do not work. Anybody ideas?
Krauersaut
QUOTE (TheMag!c @ Apr 14 2009, 07:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Krauersaut @ Apr 14 2009, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE (TheMag!c @ Apr 14 2009, 01:57 PM) *

Thanks!

Mag!c grin.gif

Yes, but is there a way to make the 'wavs' smaller cause they take a lot of space...
Maybe there is a program. I've tried switch sound file converter before but then the songs

Why don't you just google it?
TheMag!c
QUOTE(Krauersaut @ Apr 14 2009, 08:02 PM) *
QUOTE(TheMag!c @ Apr 14 2009, 07:47 PM) *
QUOTE(Krauersaut @ Apr 14 2009, 02:13 PM) *
QUOTE(TheMag!c @ Apr 14 2009, 01:57 PM) *

Thanks!

Mag!c grin.gif

Why don't you just google it?

The problem is that I can't find anything. The files must stay .wav, and some files don't have the same Hz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.