Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ETpro on a mac?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
whiteg3n3s
Hi

I am using a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo and I would like to know if there is any possible way to run etpro.
I've tried going on to a server that uses Etpro and I get the error VM_create UI failed.
I re-installed Et about a douzen times and nothing works :S

Thanks

Whit3g3n3s
Krauersaut
QUOTE (whiteg3n3s @ Aug 7 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Hi

I am using a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo and I would like to know if there is any possible way to run etpro.
I've tried going on to a server that uses Etpro and I get the error VM_create UI failed.
I re-installed Et about a douzen times and nothing works :S

Thanks

Whit3g3n3s

Sure it is possible. Start up Windows (either via Bootcamp or on a seperate PC) and play ET under Windows. I've wasted hours with getting it working, but it doesnt worth it. ET on Mac is still extremely buggy.
Terror Time
QUOTE (Krauersaut @ Aug 7 2009, 06:45 PM) *
ET on Mac is still extremely buggy.

It's very true, sadly. =(

You can use Boot Camp to install a dual-boot system with a copy of Windows XP SP2/3 or Vista. Or you can use Parallels to run a 'virtual' copy of Windows. You will need your own copy of Windows for each of these solutions. If you wanted to install Windows on your Mac, obviously.

cheers.gif
Krauersaut
QUOTE (Terror Time @ Aug 7 2009, 10:29 PM) *
QUOTE (Krauersaut @ Aug 7 2009, 06:45 PM) *
ET on Mac is still extremely buggy.

It's very true, sadly. =(

You can use Boot Camp to install a dual-boot system with a copy of Windows XP SP2/3 or Vista. Or you can use Parallels to run a 'virtual' copy of Windows. You will need your own copy of Windows for each of these solutions. If you wanted to install Windows on your Mac, obviously.

cheers.gif

Sure, let's install a game on Parallels. vogel.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.