Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little weird trouble
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers > RtCW/ET - Serveradmin-Lounge
Annoyer13
Hello,
I use jaymod 2.1.8 and I've a little problem with downloads. Well, most of players doesn't have any troubles with dowloads files, but a little but of them have sometimes the "disconnected while download mode". I have in my jaymod.cfg:
CODE
set sv_allowDownload "1"
set sv_wwwDownload "1"

So why it shows and disconnect some players?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
daredevil
set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"

change to set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

Annoyer13
QUOTE (daredevil33 @ Nov 10 2009, 02:04 AM) *
set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"

change to set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

I've set on set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0", really.
Annoyer13
Well, I fixed that by remove the URL from set sv_wwwFallbackURL "". Anyway it's weird that new ppl when connecting in next 20 seconds disconnect. Maybe it's coz of not sofast download of soundpack or maps, but 80% ppl do it so. Weird.
daredevil
QUOTE (Annoyer13 @ Nov 22 2009, 11:03 AM) *
Well, I fixed that by remove the URL from set sv_wwwFallbackURL "". Anyway it's weird that new ppl when connecting in next 20 seconds disconnect. Maybe it's coz of not sofast download of soundpack or maps, but 80% ppl do it so. Weird.

FallbackURL should have no effect on that thing. It only gets activated if download fails.

Mostly they are disconnecting because of large downloads. I would suggest to check your redirect speed.
Annoyer13
Yeah it's probably around 10kb/s. Need to change the download server and will se does it work.
TomDome
If you host the files to download only on your homeserver, its obvious that most people get disconnected since the max dl speed is approx 12 - 13 kb/sec. You need to use an external (fast) webspacelocation and redirect the people to it.
As long as you host the files on the server itself only people that have the used files on their installation are able to connect without problems.
Annoyer13
Thanks for help, I changed the download server and it downloads now on the max kb/s which user has. :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.