Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Own modifications of the menu etc
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers > RtCW/ET - Serveradmin-Lounge
Annoyer13
Hello,
well, I wanna to edit two things.
First, can you help me how to make a something like... hmm own modifications of menu, like in the play online -> buttons redirects to server or www site of clan. Some W:ET clans make smth like that when I join them, like SAVO or F|A. How to do it? I think it's useful for users who likes a server.
Second, I think easier thing, how to add a additional button to Esc menu in the game? I mean button with redirect to clan website or to make changes in user cfg, like seta rate, cl_maxpackets, cl_download etc.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Krauersaut
QUOTE (Annoyer13 @ Nov 28 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Hello,
well, I wanna to edit two things.
First, can you help me how to make a something like... hmm own modifications of menu, like in the play online -> buttons redirects to server or www site of clan. Some W:ET clans make smth like that when I join them, like SAVO or F|A. How to do it? I think it's useful for users who likes a server.
Second, I think easier thing, how to add a additional button to Esc menu in the game? I mean button with redirect to clan website or to make changes in user cfg, like seta rate, cl_maxpackets, cl_download etc.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

The easiest way to create such a menu is to get the files from an existing server and look trough those. I think the F|A servers use that. Must be packed in one of the .pk3 files.
-=Medic=-
This little tutorial I made as example based in this package (below) only for 1 server connect and 1 website link, if you need more links to server and site + forum, you need to open others clan menu and try to figure out how it works cos thats how i understand how it works alone without asking.

Tools needed (it's my personal choice there is others tools but for this tutorial i'm gonna use this)

get from here 7zip
get from here Notepad++

1- install 7zip and notepad++

Download this main menu sample (i made this package from original files at etmain inside pak0.pk3) Clan_Menu_Sample.zip

2- extract this with 7zip, use "extract here"

3- open folder "clan_menu_sample" goto "ui" folder and then open file "main.menu" (right clic and open with Notepad++)

-> go to line n°146 change only this:

"^5Server ^2Name" put name of your server with code color but short name (you can modify to have long name but you don't need that)
"connect xx.xx.xxx.xxx:27960" here put your ip and port address to server you wanna connect

-> go to line n°147 change only this:

"^5Your ^2WEBSITE" put here name of website with code color if you want (ex. WD Website)

4- Open "website.menu" (right clic open with notepad++)

-> goto line n°60 and change this:

"^2OPEN ^3YOUR-Clan Website" to example "^2OPEN ^3WD-Clan Website" you can change code color

-> goto line n°61 and change this:

"^2Go to ^3https://www.you_site.com/" to real link or website name you can change code color

5- go back to main folder where you have clan_link.cfg file, also right click and open with Notepad++

change this:

"https://www.your-site.com/" with your real website link

6- from the main folder (clan_menu_sample) select with your mouse both folder "ui" and file "clan_link.cfg" -> Right click and with 7zip select "add to archive..."

-> give a name to your file (ex. zz_wd_menu.zip)

7- after it's done right click in your new archive, select Rename and change extension from .zip to .pk3

here you all done and ready to use, upload your new menu to your etmain folder at your server and ftp redirect and restart server

here you go screen of what you will get

TomDome
Nice tutorial. cheers.gif
Annoyer13
Thanks for very useful tutorial it really helped me rolleye.gif
Annoyer13
I don't want to make new topic so I ask here. Do you think it's possible to make ingame menu what can change user options (like enable pb and make guid, set rate) by the one click or something?
Annoyer13
Just one thing about that tutorial. It's nice and works, but I have two issues. The website button doesn't redirect me to clan homepage. Maybe I did something wrong, but I don't think so I checked it few times. The second thing that menus works for me only after /disconnect from the server, maybe because I've got installed menu like that earlier and that new abot my clan doesn't want to overwrite for ever. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.