Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: News about Splatterladder
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > NEWS - SplatterLadder > NEWS - SplatterLadder - ENGLISH -
Rippchen
There are rumors that the Splatterladder goes offline, but that's wrong! The Splatterladder will not go offline!
Through our private lives, unfortunately we were not as active as we wanted to be. That will change in the coming weeks. We will be more active and fix some errors.

As a small excuse: we had set the buddy list to 50 players and the server list to 25 servers. We hope you enjoy it.
Terror Time
cheers.gif
GREEK
Spend the most of time in our private live is very important. For the rest we can find always a little bit of time ... cheers.gif

01lol.gif
Dutchman
It is nice to see that you guys continue!

Nevertheless, there is one thing that bothers me. I know, wolfmap is dead and that you use the news from rtcwmap wich is a bad choice imho.
Ok it probably bothers me cause i posted an important linux fix for Enemy Territory and they do not bother to post it in the news.
(yes i allready messaged them but they think it is more important to post blue/red skins than a decent fix for attacks on servers wich cause heavy traffic and lags for players (who are randomly attackted by spoofed IP's).

Normally i do not care what other sites post but since SL is probably the most famous site for ET players and this fix is important for Linux server admins - it should be spread around so that the admins get aware of this problem. This way the attacks wont be as effective as the scriptkiddies hope for.

Well thats it, i just wanted to point out that the news source (rtcwfile) is a bad choice since i don't see real interest from them for the game/community or they just don't have a clue;)

Anyway, keep up the good work on SL!

Dutchman.
Krauersaut
RtCWFiles delivers rather short news unfortunately and their news feed seems a little broken. If you come across any good source, please feel free to recommend it - it shouldn't be much of a problem to add another one.
TomDome
QUOTE (Dutchman @ Jan 20 2011, 04:38 PM) *
It is nice to see that you guys continue!

Nevertheless, there is one thing that bothers me. I know, wolfmap is dead and that you use the news from rtcwmap wich is a bad choice imho.
Ok it probably bothers me cause i posted an important linux fix for Enemy Territory and they do not bother to post it in the news.
(yes i allready messaged them but they think it is more important to post blue/red skins than a decent fix for attacks on servers wich cause heavy traffic and lags for players (who are randomly attackted by spoofed IP's).

Normally i do not care what other sites post but since SL is probably the most famous site for ET players and this fix is important for Linux server admins - it should be spread around so that the admins get aware of this problem. This way the attacks wont be as effective as the scriptkiddies hope for.

Well thats it, i just wanted to point out that the news source (rtcwfile) is a bad choice since i don't see real interest from them for the game/community or they just don't have a clue;)

Anyway, keep up the good work on SL!

Dutchman.

You are always free to register at wolfenstein-hq.de (the forum of rtcwmap) and get in touch with deXter or EgaL and im sure they will post a nes about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.