Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bots counted as players?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: SplatterLadder ::-- > [splatterladder] - Support
Dutchman
HI SL Team,

first of all: cool that SL continues. Me like.

Is it normal that the bots are counted as real players and therefor for example BEGINNERS XP SAVE - STOCK MAPS is on top of the list?'

Groetjes,
Dutchman.

schnoog
Hi Dutchman,

you`re welcome :)

At least I`ve not edited the order of the serverlist, so I think it was before too.
(My default setting is to hide botted server)

A lot of people like to play against bots, so I think the "is ranked" - indicator is the better way to decide wether to join a server or not.
My next target, concerning the serverlist, is to seperate the spectators, so a server with 56 players but only 4 are in axis or allies is not displayed on the 56player position.

Regards
Schnoog
Dutchman
But don't you think that for the non-logged in users a "clean" list without bots is nicer?
I expect the "number one" to be "a number one visited" server by people, not by bots.

Now its a toplist and the one with the most bots on top, sucks.

Just my 50 cent, its your ladder ;)
schnoog
Since I`m not a friend of bots, I`m fully understand your points.
I`ll take this topic and discuss it with the team (maybe some kind of order-formula [f.e.: A real player is equal to 4 bots], ordered descending by this calculated X-value could be the resulting solution)
Also the community is asked to place their requests. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards
Schnoog

p.s.: tbh. I don`t think we`ll full disable the botted server displaying by default.

For sure we`ll speak of your suggestion
Dutchman
QUOTE (schnoog @ Aug 24 2011, 05:48 PM) *
A lot of people like to play against bots...
Schnoog

Does not matter if you ask me. Secondly, i doubt bots are preferred over real-players.

Well i think its clear and we both understand what i mean. At this moment you got a server full of bots at number 1.

If the SL team likes if, fine.

Groetjes,
Dutchman.

schnoog
Dutchman, dunno if I wrote crypted ;)

No, the SL team don`t like this. First development steps to clear this issue were done.
As a first point I will do a very easy rating, where
"Player in Axis / Allies" > "Bot in Team" > "Player-Spec" > Bot-Spec

As soon as I have implemented it I`ll change the serverlist to capture those circumstances.

Regards
Schnoog
Dutchman
:)
...but damn how empty servers are atm. (summer) ;(
hopefully sd gets their heads out of their asses. A worthy et follower makes more money than etqw & brink together.

anyway thanks for reading my stuff:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.