Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rate whores?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > Chat
B@dMO_13
I dont use sl much these days, myself like many went over to trackbase (personal preferance) BUT it seems TB do fuck all about rate whores -.- I was wondering if sl cared to fix this problem? guys like this http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=playerin...mp;idx=43596617 Have been aloud to run amok to long now, its beyond a joke now. See these topics for vids on them.

http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/892-WOO...#33;-Once-again!

http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/838-TaE...y-WhoreHunterzZ

http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/733-Chl...m-Strikes-AGAIN!

There is a new clan/group called Whorehunters who bust them then humiliate them.

If SL wants its members back DO somthing about this rate whore problem and i pretty much bet you, many players would come back here. cheers.gif
zbzero
I allways was thinking why the hell these guys have so high rate!!
LoL they are a bunch of noobs OMG, how a player could gain rate only giving med and ammo packs?? This is a bullshit!!
TomDome
You only come back to sl to point at a player and clain "at trackbase there are so many topics" blablahh?

If the services the sl offers you for free dont satisfy you enough to use sl again, dont waste your time here, complaining about other players.

Trackbase decided to NOT cut the max XP value you can achieve within a map or at least set it to a higher amount than the sl does. Thats the reason we count him at 21.x while trackbase counts him with 27.x - that way its even easier for xp whores to claim the ladders.

Its up to the serverowner/admins to allow such behaviour on a server or not. We are not the xp whorer cops or anything else. That discussions have been here and there through time and havent lead to anything else then business as usual. Its up to the serverowner/admins...

What would happen next if we disable such players? We would read through hundreds or thousands of threads like this and would spend our freetime disabling one player after another just because someone posts a thread or a vid or anything while they would just change 1 sign and keep on "their" way of playing. It would be a useless fight like don quichottes fight against windmills. We all will surely find something more useful to spend our freetime.
slim43
QUOTE (TomDome @ Oct 25 2011, 05:46 PM) *
You only come back to sl to point at a player and clain "at trackbase there are so many topics" blablahh?

If the services the sl offers you for free dont satisfy you enough to use sl again, dont waste your time here, complaining about other players.

Trackbase decided to NOT cut the max XP value you can achieve within a map or at least set it to a higher amount than the sl does. Thats the reason we count him at 21.x while trackbase counts him with 27.x - that way its even easier for xp whores to claim the ladders.

Its up to the serverowner/admins to allow such behaviour on a server or not. We are not the xp whorer cops or anything else. That discussions have been here and there through time and havent lead to anything else then business as usual. Its up to the serverowner/admins...

What would happen next if we disable such players? We would read through hundreds or thousands of threads like this and would spend our freetime disabling one player after another just because someone posts a thread or a vid or anything while they would just change 1 sign and keep on "their" way of playing. It would be a useless fight like don quichottes fight against windmills. We all will surely find something more useful to spend our freetime.

whats a noob rater :):)must mean players like me lol if your great pwner as u like and great fragger play etpro leave jaymod to us noobs we dont care :):)
$mart
One day I've tried on a big server to give all ammos possible at spawn, and frags from time to time, and the map result was only 15 ppm ... so, just a game ! nicken.gif

Dragon!
On WOOD it's easy as hell, spawntime is 4s so there is always someone to take your ammo, so players like Shogunn don't even leave their spawns while playing :)
Andy_Clow
Hi ho
isnt that bit wrong "xp-cfg"? I mean such a short respawntime increases the xp. For me its like "xp-tuning".

I would disable such server zwinker.gif

Greetz brutale.gif
TomDome
As far as i can remember sl disabled servers from the beginning (or at least from where i started hanging around here) for enabled damage-xp.

The thing with the spawntime is once again: there would have to be people that report such settings, we would have to check it and disable the server. Then the serverowner complains and asks (or sometimes whines) about unfair behaviour and after a discussion or some time we would re-enable rating. Then it would just begin from the start. If schnoog sees any possibility to automatically disable servers with short (or too short) spawntimes, why not give it a try and see what happens. But the manual way of reporting, disabling, enabling atm is just not practical.

I agree that 4s is way to short, imo 8s should be a limit. But thats not easy after all, since the serverowners decide what spawntime and what behaviour on their server is good for them or not. (Maybe some sanctions in rating would lead some of them changing the server config)
Dutchman
Maybe a stupid question since i have no clue at all what u can see while scanning server....but can SL see if a the axis/allies spawn is set to XX seconds?
On our server mostly the attacker have longer respawn times than the defender.....if both teams have the same respawn time, imho, it's stupid.^

And thanks to tomdome for the good answers. At least the subject stays normal...' 'here' :)
schnoog
It`s no problem to capture the spawntime.
This is what the server responses (playerdata ereased)
CODE
protocol=82,serverload=22,gametype=2,pure=1,game=jaymod,sv_allowAnonymous=0,frie
ndlyFire=0,maxlives=0,needpass=0,punkbuster=1,gamename=et,g_antilag=1,weaprestric
t=100,balancedteams=1,omnibot_playing=0,omnibot_enable=1,g_heavyWeaponRestriction
=100,P=--2111121212221-2331---11332-1122-121----2-2,voteFlags=507903,g_balancedteams=1,g_bluelimbotime=8000,g_redlimbotime=8000,mo
d_version=2.1.7,mod_url=http://jaymod.clanfu.org,mod_binary=linux-release,sv_uptime=06d21h39m,sv_cpu=AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Pro,EnhancedMod=1.0.9 - standard release,.ADMIN=^bCANAVAR* BLUE $HABD,.WEBSITE=http://wood.clan.free.fr/WClan/,.NAME=^4Warriors^7OfOld^1Division,g_gametype=2,g_voteFlags=0,g_alliedmaxlives=0
,g_axismaxlives=0,g_minGameClients=0,g_needpass=0,g_maxlives=0,g_friendlyFire=0,s
v_floodProtect=1,sv_maxPing=0,sv_minPing=0,sv_maxRate=45000,sv_minguidage=0,sv_pu
nkbuster=1,sv_hostname=^4FR^7AN^1CE^bCLAN^1[^4W^7OO^1D],sv_privateClients=2,timelimit=15,version=W+

g_bluelimbotime=8000, g_redlimbotime=8000 indicating a spawntime of 8 seconds
Map: tc_base
Standard-Spawntime extracted locally :
wm_axis_respawntime 30
wm_allied_respawntime 20

ATM, I dont know how to handle this behavior.
An automatism with a minimum spawntime of, fo example 8 seconds wil disable rating also for normal used maps like Paris-Bastille (where the offenders have 5 s after blowing up the main gate)
So which kind of limit would be the right on?
Maybe a sum-limit of 20 ? (if axis + allies spawntime in sum is lower than 20s -> disable rating for the session)

To clarify:
I try to keep the SL as fair as possible. I`m not willing to disable rating for single player.
But if a serveradmin decides to tune settings, resulting in rush the toplist with "any kind tricks", then it could be fair to the other admins to find any kind of penalty (disable ranking, give a negative reputation point offset)

Dutchman
as far as i learned, the attacking team ALLWAYS has les respawn time as the defending ones....
Can you extract the times from the pk3's?...would be a fair base..
daredevil
I change times based on maps.. i.e. baserace style maps I keep 8 vs 8 since both are spawning at same time. My times changes depending on map to make it balanced for teams. If any map is more tougher for allies, they get shorter re spawn compare to other team.

Issue is not the re spawn times.. it's ammo/medic whoring which is the outcome of super recharge rate of classes.

set g_LTChargeTime
set g_medicChargeTime

Limit above 2 to min 26000 or 30000 rate and all this spawn whoring will become less. Also there is no way to identify spawn whoring. It's duty of server admin to stop it but when they themselves start doing it I don't see much way out unless u change rating from XP to K/D.

At the end of the day, I see only few players doing this laming act. Rather then to add more checks, when someone submits demo/video proof, disable their rating. May be something like:

1. Submit video/demo of the rating abusers.
2. Also submit session link for that map.
3. If valid proof is found rating get's set to 0.

1. If video doesn't matches demo, none of the future demos from that player will be considered.

If server admins don't ban spawn camping ammo/medic pack whoring, just disable that server rating and 50% issue will be solved their. IMO if server admin response every time within few days, then they are taking part in cause of stopping rating abusers and if they don't just bye bye to that server.

Basically, server admins should stop this and not actually SL. This has really gone worse with time to be frank. Once you will disable couple of server and players for abusing rating, they will stop doing this.
Dutchman
bah! can someone delete my reply...i regret i answer this dude
daredevil
QUOTE (Dutchman @ Oct 27 2011, 11:45 PM) *

Why delete? Why not share your suggestion. Nothing is wrong in discussing :)
Dutchman
QUOTE (daredevil @ Oct 27 2011, 11:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Dutchman @ Oct 27 2011, 11:45 PM) *

Why delete? Why not share your suggestion. Nothing is wrong in discussing :)

Nah sorry, not your fault. sometimes i forget i don't want to discuss around anymore :)
Rippchen
ZITAT(daredevil @ Oct 27 2011, 10:59 PM) *
Basically, server admins should stop this and not actually SL.

thank you very much, this are the right words. cheers.gif
Andy_Clow
ZITAT(daredevil @ Oct 27 2011, 10:59 PM) *
I change times based on maps.. i.e. baserace style maps I keep 8 vs 8 since both are spawning at same time. My times changes depending on map to make it balanced for teams. If any map is more tougher for allies, they get shorter re spawn compare to other team.

Issue is not the re spawn times.. it's ammo/medic whoring which is the outcome of super recharge rate of classes.

set g_LTChargeTime
set g_medicChargeTime

I don't see much way out unless u change rating from XP to K/D.

In my opinion respawntime is also an issue - yes and chargetime too. On most standard/pubmaps you have 20sec spawn attackers and 30sec spawn defenders. So when u just have 8sec as defender its a bigger difference. You cant get really "fullspawn" coz you are ready again after some seconds.

When you are changing rating from xp to k/d, so how can the eng get some rating points, will he so be lowrated here, coz he isnt making any frags?

Greetz Andy brutale.gif
schnoog
from xp to k/d,

This approach is, IMO, out of the real scope of ET because is not a simple egoshooter unlikely many others in the wild.
On most maps the goal isn`t to kill as much as possible (for known frag-only maps the rating is disabled AFAIK)
So the best player could have 0 kills but made the team winning by blowing up, screwing up and so on.
Based on this, I see only the XP earned as an (more or less) valid indicator.

Basically, server admins should stop this and not actually SL. This has really gone worse with time to be frank. Once you will disable couple of server and players for abusing rating, they will stop doing this.

If we`re able to difine a limit to tell normal uses apart from abuses I`ll implement it.

Dutchman
respawntime = an issue and if u can see that schnoog....i really don't know what u can track, this is a subject.
Do you have the time schnoog to write down what the tracker CAN scan? i saw your text but tell it maybe for the dumb, like me...
schnoog
What we can scan depends on the mod running.

The rechargetimes for example, are neither available for jaymod nor for noquarter.

So the only point to intervent is the spawntime, because this is available for each mod via getstatus query.

What we receive from a jaymod server is:
CODE
94.23.219.198:27777   17/52  0/0  haunted_mansion     20 / 0  et FRANCECLAN[WOOD]
protocol=84        ||   Gamyprotocol (based no version 2.55, 2.60....)
serverload=6        || unknown for me
gametype=2        
pure=1            
game=jaymod        
sv_allowAnonymous=0    
friendlyFire=0
maxlives=0
needpass=0
punkbuster=1
gamename=et
g_antilag=1
weaprestrict=100
balancedteams=1
omnibot_playing=0
omnibot_enable=1
g_heavyWeaponRestriction=100
P=--2121-1130012-2-1-2-31--2
voteFlags=507903
g_balancedteams=1
g_bluelimbotime=8000        || Spawntime
g_redlimbotime=8000        || Spawntime
mod_version=2.1.7
mod_url=http://jaymod.clanfu.org
mod_binary=linux-release
sv_uptime=07d13h13m
sv_cpu=AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Pro
EnhancedMod=1.0.9 - standard release
.ADMIN=^bCANAVAR* BLUE $HABD
.WEBSITE=http://wood.clan.free.fr/WClan/
.NAME=^4Warriors^7OfOld^1Division
g_gametype=2
g_voteFlags=0
g_alliedmaxlives=0
g_axismaxlives=0
g_minGameClients=0
g_needpass=0
g_maxlives=0
g_friendlyFire=0
sv_floodProtect=1
sv_maxPing=0
sv_minPing=0
sv_maxRate=45000
sv_minguidage=0
sv_punkbuster=1
sv_hostname=^4FR^7AN^1CE^bCLAN^1[^4W^7OO^1D]
sv_privateClients=2
timelimit=30
version=W+

So, at least for jaymod and NQ, we`re only able to inspect the respawntime and no recharges.

Dutchman
thanks dude :) kind of you :)

equal respawntimes or modfied ones are totally retarded. To make that clear and try to accept that fact...in my humble opinion :)
$mart
motz.gif I disagree: on frag maps (purefrag LNA1vs1 2vs2 ...) I enjoy very low spawntime (1-2s) and rechargetime 0, it is very hardcore gametype, and no XPwhoring motz.gif
Because of lot differents mods, differents criterias (gametype,maps...) PB or not PB, etc ... seems impossible to build a fair universal rule for rating
If I enjoy SL, it is the "SL is watching you" (the database aspect) , no for the rating aspect, sorry.
Dutchman
QUOTE ($mart @ Oct 28 2011, 04:40 PM) *
motz.gif I disagree: on frag maps (purefrag LNA1vs1 2vs2 ...) I enjoy very low spawntime (1-2s) and rechargetime 0, it is very hardcore gametype, and no XPwhoring motz.gif
Because of lot differents mods, differents criterias (gametype,maps...) PB or not PB, etc ... seems impossible to build a fair universal rule for rating
If I enjoy SL, it is the "SL is watching you" (the database aspect) , no for the rating aspect, sorry.

sorry dude, ctf or frag is offcourse an exception.
I was talking about et, obj maps...not ctf or whatever....no need to cry like a woman.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.