Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hardware failure on SL root
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > Chat
schnoog
You may took notice:
SL Tracker is down at the moment.

Tonight a hardware crash took down the rootserver where the Splatterladder - Tracker and homepage is hosted.

I trying to fix it, but this could take some hours.

Please stay tuned, I try my very best.

Kind regards
Schnoog
Dutchman
I never had such an experience in the past 8 years. What exactly is damaged?
(if you want to share it offcourse..)..

Just curious;)
schnoog
A very good question.
When I tried to visit SL this morning the server was down. After booting the rescue system the RAID was broken and needed a fixing (resync of a 1,5TB harddisk..what a fun...overhauled from continental drift).
Furthermore the grub stage1 was lost (however this could take place, I don`t have any valid reason).

My hoster for SL (S4U) offers a serial console but I was not able to get one, so I tried to fix the mbr/grub manually...what a pain....
Next time the server stall, I`ll switch to Hetzner (where I still have 2 dedis and 1 VS).

Unfortunately the server dies just a few minutes before the database backup was timed, so the last backup is from sunday morning (5 am) and some changes were lost (2 clan registrations and , o.c., the rating data from the last 36 hours).

At all, monday is not a real day, its jush a bright night.
Wolf Enstein
DOG and me were on SL Teamspeak and got disconnected between 1am and 2am, we then noticed that we couldn't access the SL website at all. Good to see you got the problems sorted, Schnoog, thanks for all your hard work, as always cheers.gif .
{WeB}*DoG*
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Jun 4 2012, 06:50 PM) *
DOG and me were on SL Teamspeak and got disconnected between 1am and 2am, we then noticed that we couldn't access the SL website at all. Good to see you got the problems sorted, Schnoog, thanks for all your hard work, as always cheers.gif .

Yeah Thanks for all the hard work schnoog
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.