Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: locked servers
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers
|VW|CuLeXiS
why cant we get ratings on pw/TV servers.........
schnoog
Hi,
I have to talk back to the team member what reason stood behind the decision to not rate those server.

Please stay tuned.

Kind regards
Schnoog
|VW|CuLeXiS
QUOTE (schnoog @ Nov 22 2012, 10:30 AM) *
Hi,
I have to talk back to the team member what reason stood behind the decision to not rate those server.

ok, i mean just because its a scrim server, doesnt mean it shouldnt be ranked. better reason to rank it and have the ratings turned on. better then playing in a public server and have these morons boosting there xp's by being fops and spamming crap. yea know?
TomDome
Many people think about that in different ways Culexis. We have had many complaints in the past because we rated these servers too back then. A rating of pw and tv servers in my opinion if ever should only be possible by the serveroperator. So if its possible for schnoog to build a trigger or grab it from a cvar (sl_rate_enable 1/0 or any similar) to give the serverowner the right to rate pw/tv servers, everyone could set it as he like. Enabling the rating in a whole would only lead to the old discussion we have had.

But as i said - thats only my opinion. grin.gif
|VW|CuLeXiS
i think that's just silly..... so ppl boosting ppm and shit is not bad? that's what your telling me....
TomDome
I tell you that people like you coming here claiming what they want and dont give a fuck what other people want. While we try to fit the needs and wishes of the community - not of single persons.

That is how it looks to me after your last post! Any more useless comments?
|VW|CuLeXiS
QUOTE (TomDome @ Nov 23 2012, 07:55 AM) *
That is how it looks to me after your last post! Any more useless comments?

that is not entirely what i ment. my apologies. But if servers that constantly have ppl boosting and trying to get there TB & SL rating up. I dont see the problem why locked and tv servers cant be rated. after all pvt and tv servers for for competition, why should competition not be rated?
That is what im trying to say, that is all my friend. no hard done.
schnoog
So if its possible for schnoog to build a trigger or grab it from a cvar (sl_rate_enable 1/0 or any similar) to give the serverowner the right to rate pw/tv servers, everyone could set it as he like.

If this would satisfy people, don`t hesitate to open a feature request within the bugtracker system (link in upper left corner)

Kind regards
Schnoog
|VW|CuLeXiS
QUOTE (schnoog @ Nov 23 2012, 09:58 AM) *
If this would satisfy people, don`t hesitate to open a feature request within the bugtracker system (link in upper left corner)

Kind regards
Schnoog

kinda can't because my account couldnt be ported over or what ever it said. (bad translation i assume)/
TomDome
My apologies if i got you wrong Culexis, it sounded kinda harsh to me. cheers.gif
schnoog
Task opened and assigned: http://bug.splatterladder.com/index.php?do...3&project=2

|VW|CuLeXiS
SNoog : Thank you very much, I look forward to seeing how it turns out :)

Tom : No, i was not trying to be rude or anything of the sort, My apologies for seeming that way.

Take care guys!
:DDDD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.