Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone still go for the obj?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers
ScottMeister
I recently started getting into ET again, and iv'e been out of the game since the whosgaming era. I'm finding a lot of people are going for kills and do not even care about objectives now. Maybe it's just me or maybe i'm playing on the wrong servers. What do you guys think?
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (ScottMeister @ Dec 21 2012, 07:53 PM) *
I recently started getting into ET again, and iv'e been out of the game since the whosgaming era. I'm finding a lot of people are going for kills and do not even care about objectives now. Maybe it's just me or maybe i'm playing on the wrong servers. What do you guys think?

It's not you, Scott, it's most of the server Admins that are to blame for this mess, jackasses who deliberately set up their servers to encourage the Rambo Medic mentality. These server Admins only care about player numbers, not quality of play and this has led to many new players leaving the game entirely, due to what they experience while fraggin' in this selfish environment. On our server we've done our best to combat these pathetic server settings and the selfish attitude of the server Admins that condone them. Rambo Medics, spawn-campers, stat whores and those who refuse to play for the objectives or as part of a team are banned instantly from our server. Yes, we give them a chance when they join, maybe 2 maps at most and if their selfish attitude doesn't change then they are permanently banned. Another of these "Rambo" types was perma-banned last night for these very reasons.

Our server settings are very unlike the majority of servers now in existence, e.g., the hitsound cheat is banned, double-jump disabled, friendly fire is enabled, /kill in combat is not allowed and so on. Here's a link to our server info:

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=732096

We have 60 maps, which are set up so that each side can attack on each alternate map, no more playing Axis and having to defend all night. Finding 30 good Axis attack maps was difficult, thankfully Schnoog's Wolffiles website is here to make the job that much easier with his map-testing servers:

http://www.wolffiles.de/

So, Scott, you are welcome to join us, we usually only frag at night time as most of the Clan are either working or at college/university during the day.
Dragon!
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Dec 21 2012, 06:36 PM) *
It's not you, Scott, it's most of the server Admins that are to blame for this mess, jackasses who deliberately set up their servers to encourage the Rambo Medic mentality.

Is it server admins fault? No! If players hadn't liked such settings, there wouldn't be rambo servers around! Sorry mate but you are blaming successful servers for no reason. Actually, players define server settings, not admins.

+ most of the old players play ETPro if they are interested in objective-oriented games.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Dec 21 2012, 08:26 PM) *
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Dec 21 2012, 06:36 PM) *
It's not you, Scott, it's most of the server Admins that are to blame for this mess, jackasses who deliberately set up their servers to encourage the Rambo Medic mentality.

Is it server admins fault? No! If players hadn't liked such settings, there wouldn't be rambo servers around! Sorry mate but you are blaming successful servers for no reason. Actually, players define server settings, not admins.

Is the server Admins only job to fill their servers, Dragon? If they have a genuine love for our game then the answer is most definitely, "no". How about these Admins living up to their responsibilities, for a change, when it comes to educating, especially new players, in how this objective-based, teamplay game should be played? Is that asking too much? Apparently it is, especially when many servers are run by Admins who also display the Rambo Medic mentality. You claim players like these settings and that's why server Admins set up their servers in this manner, I beg to differ. For the vast majority of new players these are the only server settings that they ever get to see, they believe this is the norm, that all servers are the same and set up in this manner. As long as my Clan exists then there will always be a server that "bucks the trend", even if it means that our server is never populated to the extent that the pro-Rambo, stat whore servers are.

I'd rather frag on a server in a 4 v 4 with teamplayers fraggin' for the objective rather than playing on a server in a 10 v 10 where the Rambo Medic clowns are idolised as "great" players.

TomDome
We are dealing with 2 things imo.

Most ppl in et nowadays look at rating. There are few servers like {WeB} who keep the object and teamplay in focus not running etpro but most only want a full server and therefor optimize for rating.

Both settings have their fans.
ScottMeister
So really, in other words you have the choice of small games that focus on the obj, or larger games that focus more on frags.
StoerFaktoR
ETpro (maybe NoQuarter) is still playing objective.Other mods like Silent,Jaymod or Nitmod are just for fun and fragging sadd.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (ScottMeister @ Dec 22 2012, 12:32 AM) *
So really, in other words you have the choice of small games that focus on the obj, or larger games that focus more on frags.

I play on very few servers, Scott, due to the reasons I've mentioned before. Tom's correct, though, there are a few very good servers out there apart from ours, here's 2 of them that I really enjoy fraggin' on:

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=598307

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=742803

Try them both, you'll enjoy yourself on either of them, the members of both Clans are really decent guys, play for the objectives and are also good fun too super.gif .
$mart
QUOTE (TomDome @ Dec 21 2012, 11:17 PM) *
We are dealing with 2 things imo.

QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Dec 22 2012, 10:03 AM) *
Other mods like Silent,Jaymod or Nitmod are just for fun and fragging sadd.gif

Yes globally you’re right, but in the thousand of today’servers, you can find all kinds of mixing these 2 ways, the OBJECTIVE and the FUN.

I mean you can tune a silEnT server, or jaymod one, and give objective-gameplay with the many settings these fun-mods have :

- very fast regeneration of ENGENEER health-bar
- only objective maps
- special weapon (PPSH or shotgun) forbidden to MEDICS
- limit number of “Firing for effect!” for FIELD_OPS
- ENGENEERS have landmines and tripmines

And because regular players follow this intentional obj-attitude, Wolfenstein can rock with double-jump ON and friendly-fire OFF !!!

QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Dec 22 2012, 02:50 PM) *
the members of both Clans are really decent guys, play for the objectives and are also good fun too

Thanks GANG$TA ET bro, I also love your team-spirit and game attitude xD
feier.gif
Happy Christmas all cheers.gif
scirocco
Broken Hearts Shooting club is obj oriented server.

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=708934

http://brokenheartsshootingclub.tk
BadRonald
Hey Scott, nice to see an old Who'ser out and about. That was a truly great server, wasn't it! I see Amadeus playing on kernwaffe from time to time, and they play for objective. The server is in Germany, though, so the pings are not very good from the states.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.