Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This forum Dead?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > Chat
Pages: 1, 2
Patriot
Just wondering and tbh im going to make same post on Trackbase as they have exactly same problem

If TB and SL aint really used anymore, and with the amounts of posts there are here, then i think its safe to say that its going downhill, and downhill on the fast lane tbh.

I know how I would feel if i was running a site that aint used, would at one point be very tempted to simply Draw the plug.

But imho We need Places like this to interact between Clans and Communities

the lack of commitment to sites like this, is exactly what in the end also will kill the remaining ET World.

So please boys and girls (writing this even tho i realize that most ppl playing ET these days are way past 30) start using it.

Greetings
Patriot|Qubenet
StoerFaktoR
Completely agree with you but on what we can discuss? New Maps or New Servers?
The main problem is , Enemy Territory & RTcW are dying and most people which play those games are the old elites or young people <<--- which they don´t know what a forums is i think :/
They only will play and nothing else.
The most discussions are discussed on the own clan or community pages. Every one for himself.I have no idea about a topic which has not yet been discussed. (not yet)

But i believe, on this thread will give many replies :)

PS: What is Trackbase??? :P
slim43
i dont think its dead my browser give me problems with loading this page sometimes seems to freeze or take long time to load up maybe some other ppl got same problem
track base loads np so i dont know maybe theres some other problems just a thought but i dont think sl is dead keep up the good work guys :)
$mart
feier.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Apr 23 2014, 01:04 PM) *
................or young people <<--- which they don´t know what a forums is i think :/
They only will play and nothing else.......

You're right, Stoer, that's the problem for sure, as far as new players are concerned. They install Wolf-ET, go to the masterserver list to join a server and that sums up their whole involvement with the game. They know nothing about the many Wolfenstein websites in existence. Many new players I've spoken with on our server simply haven't heard of our various main websites.

Facebook and Twitter are their main social websites that they use now, so perhaps a Splatterladder Facebook page would be a good idea? Many Clans, including ours, have their own Facebook accounts already, so it wouldn't take much for us all to add a Splatterladder page to that list and make it our main focus, advertising it at every opportunity, e.g., when new maps and mods are made for Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein Enemy Territory cheers.gif .

Splatterladder and Wolffiles are far from dead, though. These excellent websites still get a lot of traffic. However, here at Splatterladder, we've never been what can be described as "prolific posters", it's always been that way. We'll read all the new info about certain subjects and if there's something we'd like to say or add that's when we'll post.

Many thanks, as always, to Schnoog and his SL crew for providing us with and maintaining the best Wolfenstein website ever created. Keep up the good work, lads super.gif .
Medelwr
QUOTE (Patriot @ Apr 23 2014, 10:54 AM) *
Just wondering and tbh im going to make same post on Trackbase as they have exactly same problem

If TB and SL aint really used anymore, and with the amounts of posts there are here, then i think its safe to say that its going downhill, and downhill on the fast lane tbh.

I know how I would feel if i was running a site that aint used, would at one point be very tempted to simply Draw the plug.

But imho We need Places like this to interact between Clans and Communities

the lack of commitment to sites like this, is exactly what in the end also will kill the remaining ET World.

So please boys and girls (writing this even tho i realize that most ppl playing ET these days are way past 30) start using it.

Greetings
Patriot|Qubenet

I'll add something in here. I agree with what some of you have said however...
Pat mate, you are complaining about the lack of activity on sites like SL and TB right? Well if you think about it with the amount of clans and or communities within ET they all have their own website or share another's site at least so the majority of them would feel it be better off posting on those sites than to visit such sites like this and TB.
They aren't dead though because as long as people continue playing ET and that the ET community continues gaining some new players here and there who have been referred to either site then neither of them would go down hill. Just because there aren't many posts or not much activity it doesn't mean that the site(s) are dead, people are busy and have been over the Easter period to say the least but furthermore others maybe working or have been working and are too tired to jump onto the pc when they return home.

Now in reference to your last statement which has been highlighted. You cannot expect and nor can you demand people to start using sites like this as it is a persons own choice of whether or not they want to visit and maybe post something or read a topic here and there...
Patriot
QUOTE (Medelwr @ Apr 23 2014, 09:24 PM) *
Pat mate, you are complaining about the lack of activity on sites like SL and TB right? Well if you think about it with the amount of clans and or communities within ET they all have their own website or share another's site at least so the majority of them would feel it be better off posting on those sites than to visit such sites like this and TB.
They aren't dead though because as long as people continue playing ET and that the ET community continues gaining some new players here and there who have been referred to either site then neither of them would go down hill. Just because there aren't many posts or not much activity it doesn't mean that the site(s) are dead, people are busy and have been over the Easter period to say the least but furthermore others maybe working or have been working and are too tired to jump onto the pc when they return home.

Now in reference to your last statement which has been highlighted. You cannot expect and nor can you demand people to start using sites like this as it is a persons own choice of whether or not they want to visit and maybe post something or read a topic here and there...

First off let me say that im happy ppl actually do reply here

I have had my account here for around 10 Years now and hasnt made many posts here in all that time, but I have made some tho

second, im not sure Who you are Mate, but what your saying there is imho just a poor excuse.

Its ok if people think they dont need sites like this, but what your doing is asking for it to be here whenever you wants to have a look at somthing, without you having to contribute in regards for that.

the amount of Clans and Communities we have now is way way lesser than it was just 3 years ago, and back then people didnt have any problems beeing on this site and also on their own website.

to the sentence you highlighted, im not expecting or demanding anything, simply trying to encouraging, which in my dictionary is a completely different thing.

Schnoog and people before him has put in alot of Work to make this page alive and im guessing also quite a few Dollars/Punds/Euros, If that was me that had done that, I would expect some sort of feedback tbh

well tbh I made this post to see if there would come some reaction, and there did, was this post made just 2 years ago, this thread would very fast have been spammed by people calling me bad names, now? well look for yourself.

I can however say, that response on Splatterladder is way better than it is on Trackbase, not a single reply there. :)

Sit
Hello

Think sl is not dead , I Visit every Week Read News Infos , and write from Time to Time cheers.gif Thx for The Good Works

I see Few New Players but most are too lazy Join and Write on SL or Other ET pages spanking.gif
Only Join Server and Play spanking.gif

@{WeB}GANG$TA cheers.gif
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Splatterladd...136285199799957 ( is this the official , I hope ? )
Think all ET Clans , with own ET Facebook Page , Put a like SL maybe a little Help for more Traffic

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Sit @ Apr 24 2014, 01:00 PM) *
@{WeB}GANG$TA cheers.gif
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Splatterladd...136285199799957 ( is this the official , I hope ? )
Think all ET Clans , with own ET Facebook Page , Put a like SL maybe a little Help for more Traffic

Thanks for that, Sit bro, I had no idea this page already existed cheers.gif . We now have something to work from, as far as Facebook is concerned. Each time news is posted on the SL Facebook page we must share it with others, also, it would be beneficial if we search for all RtCW/Wolf-ET players and Clans and link up with each other so that our Wolfenstein Community is well connected via this social network arbeit.gif super.gif .
Medelwr
QUOTE (Patriot @ Apr 23 2014, 10:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Medelwr @ Apr 23 2014, 09:24 PM) *

First off let me say that im happy ppl actually do reply here

I have had my account here for around 10 Years now and hasnt made many posts here in all that time, but I have made some tho

second, im not sure Who you are Mate, but what your saying there is imho just a poor excuse.

Its ok if people think they dont need sites like this, but what your doing is asking for it to be here whenever you wants to have a look at somthing, without you having to contribute in regards for that.

the amount of Clans and Communities we have now is way way lesser than it was just 3 years ago, and back then people didnt have any problems beeing on this site and also on their own website.

to the sentence you highlighted, im not expecting or demanding anything, simply trying to encouraging, which in my dictionary is a completely different thing.

Schnoog and people before him has put in alot of Work to make this page alive and im guessing also quite a few Dollars/Punds/Euros, If that was me that had done that, I would expect some sort of feedback tbh

well tbh I made this post to see if there would come some reaction, and there did, was this post made just 2 years ago, this thread would very fast have been spammed by people calling me bad names, now? well look for yourself.

I can however say, that response on Splatterladder is way better than it is on Trackbase, not a single reply there. :)

I am...Anonymous :)
Patriot
QUOTE (Medelwr @ Apr 24 2014, 08:08 PM) *
I am...Anonymous :)

Well your alive, here and posting :) gg

anyway message recieved an understood, forum will from now on only be used by me if i have somthing to say about W4A or Qube

cya all :)
masahari

respect.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif
schnoog
Pat,
I`m very glad that you opened this thread, Thanks for this.
The reason for me to wait a period of time before posting here is, that the most discussion brake down after I`m posting :)

I totally agree with you Pat. The forums are not used very much (neither here nor at TB, nor @ Wolffiles)
At this point I can see a kind of "evolution" (maybe also degeneration). A lot of companies (even SL is not a company) moved from using forums for customers support to the usage of FB.
I never was a friend of this kind of social networks. I fully prefer a forum to catch up any information than scrolling in facebook for any information.
For sure this is caused by the user which seem to like FB, Twitter and other pages.

They questioning "where is my advantage of being here".
And atm. I have no good argument for this. But I appreciate any idea :)

Please keep this discussion alive.

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (schnoog @ Apr 25 2014, 04:54 PM) *
A lot of companies (even SL is not a company) moved from using forums for customers support to the usage of FB.
I never was a friend of this kind of social networks. I fully prefer a forum to catch up any information than scrolling in facebook for any information.
For sure this is caused by the user which seem to like FB, Twitter and other pages.

I'm no "friend" of Facebook either, Schnoog, but as far as businesses and companies are concerned, it definitely has it's advantages, especially in regards to advertising. The format they use there seems popular too, although I have to admit that I personally don't like it, I prefer a website format any day of the week.

They questioning "where is my advantage of being here".
And atm. I have no good argument for this. But I appreciate any idea :)

Your advantage, Schnoog, is having, as we say in Britain, "the best of both worlds". There are many people who simply hate Facebook, Twitter etc. and others who really don't like posting on websites. For me, commonsense dictates that a combination of both formats is definitely the way ahead.
schnoog
Maybe we should send our scouts out to find a FB-fan who is able to manage the page and bring it to the state of art.
Any volunteer reading this??? Don`t hesitate to "out" yourself. I would appreciate any help for bringing the face of Splattman to Facebook :)
martthefart
I for one always check out splatter ladder and read up on what's happening , new maps etc its the only place to go for all my et needs may it last forever love fom the fart
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (martthefart @ Apr 25 2014, 06:11 PM) *
I for one always check out splatter ladder and read up on what's happening , new maps etc its the only place to go for all my et needs may it last forever love fom the fart

Amen to that, Marty super.gif .

QUOTE (schnoog @ Apr 25 2014, 05:30 PM) *
Maybe we should send our scouts out to find a FB-fan who is able to manage the page and bring it to the state of art.
Any volunteer reading this??? Don`t hesitate to "out" yourself. I would appreciate any help for bringing the face of Splattman to Facebook :)

My Clan are very active on Facebook, Schnoog, some are actually more active there than they are on our Clan website, a case in point, when we consider what we've been discussing here. I'll inform them of what you said and get back to you with their opinions and thoughts on the matter.
b0bby
I must admit that i don't check the SL forums that often. I mostly just look at the 'recently posted' menu on the home page. When someone interesting, or some interesting topic is being discussed I will come and take a look. And if i do miss something important, there is the always active gman to point out something interesting (with a link to this forum) on our Web forums.
$mart
QUOTE (martthefart @ Apr 25 2014, 06:11 PM) *

Same here ! I open sl.Home at first, Outlook at second ...

but hmm what is "Facebook" ? <== @Stoer I've stolen your joke ^^

ditsch.gif
monkeySputum
I wouldn't say the forum was dead, it's springtime now, which means warmer weather, lighter nights and people taking advantage of this to go out and have fun in the fresh air, rather than sitting in front of monitors posting on forums in order to please one anonymous person on the internet who thinks forums should have 20k+ new posts every day. I rarely use forums myself as I have "controversial" opinions about most things, which can upset a lot of people, even more so when I laugh at and/or berate them for getting all worked up about said opinions, because I have a unique style of diplomacy. As long as the game is being played, which it is and maps are being made/reworked, which they are, the game will continue, regardless of how active people are on forums.

TL;DR In the summertime, when the weather is hot etc.
Sub_Sonic
Na
This forum is far from dead as i come here every other day to look at the main page for any new updates for et and wolfie. Also to find and see if my buddies are fragging on a server so this forum has a lot going for it
ie Maplist, search,Support i might not use the sL.forums much and i know if i get stuck on anything this is the best place to get any info i need. IE i need a good cupcake recipes?

lolschild.gif
1944(n0rm)
Aye gotta agree with the recent posts - this is THE PLACE for ET updates - no where else comes close!

cheers.gif

Patriot
Not denying you can find updates here and info about new maps etc etc

that has however nothing todo with the forum, and how a forum is supposed to be used

Im on FB but damn i think it sux, my kids loves it, so maybe im just to old for that kinda interacting ;)

to me a place like this just looks dead if i cant see any activity, look at shoutbox right now last shout is more than 2 days old.

but above is just my opinion, everyone is free to have their own ofc
Medelwr
Well. Just because something may look dead it doesn't mean it is, if given time and patients then you'll sooner see that the forum isn't dead at all. It just lacks the activity it used to have so in order to gain more activity you'll need to think about what improvements could be done if any need to be made at all, advertising and what not.
Wolf Enstein
Seriously, I can't understand how anyone can say that Splatterladder, the best Wolfenstein website on the planet, looks dead. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we've never been prolific in respect to posting on the forums, but you only have to look at the view count on new subjects to see the great level of interest here. The thread about "Wolfenstein - The New Order" is approaching a quarter of a million views, which is superb by any website's standards.

As I also mentioned, when a topic is posted that really interests us in terms of replying to it, we do so. Take this very thread as an example, posted today, already 24 replies and over 350 views. On a "dead" website? I beg to differ. Yes, we all do indeed have different opinions, but that doesn't necessarily make an individual's opinion correct.

Once again, many thanks to Schnoog, Stoer, Tommy and all the SL Crew for everything you do for us in the Wolfenstein Community. It's very much appreciated by us all.
Medelwr
Well said mate, couldn't agree more ^^
davhead
I personally hate forums hehe. I hate the time it takes to check what has been written and who says what about what. I totally hate all the small minded politics most ;)

My clan used to have a forum, and i gave it up because it was taking too much precious time out of the important things in my life. Like my beautiful woman who is lying in the bed yawning and waiting for me to finish posting this shit reply hehe :)

I use splatter ladder every day and most days i am on it 6 or 7 times. I use the part of the service here that tracks servers. I can see where my friends are, I can see if anyone os playing on my Fav servers and I can keep track of how much i kicked ass or had my ass kicked hehe :)

Like most things in life, I use the parts of a service that applies to me. Would I try and encourage everyone to buy tampons in the supermarket because that part of the services is not getting used so often? No! I would buy milk and cheese for myself and I would not care about the tampons!

So, I wonder for what reason would Pat, who says he will not use splatterladder's forum unless for self promotion, be bringing up such a topic? Why i wonder why he is suggesting that it is 'going downhill, and downhill on the fast lane'? Would i be a little suspicious if i was thinking that because he is building an ET community himself, he is attempting to put the idea into peoples minds that all the other forums are dead or dying very fast? If, as he says, he wants to encourage people to use this forum more, why would he also say that he will only USE the forum for self promotion and will not be posting other things to keep the forum alive? Does that make people curious? It does for me!

There are two main types of marketing, 'towards' and 'away from'! 'Towards' is when you promote your product and it's benefits. 'Away from' is when you try and push people away from the competition by making suggestions about how bad it is. would this be one of the first 'away from' marketing ploys attempted by Pat? I see by the forum he has some 'towards' marketing ones. But, to make your product strongest, you also need to make sure people know your competition is weaker! Pretty low coming from someone who is trying to keep the ET community together!

Small time politics, oh dear! I have taken part :)

And now i know how i hate forums :) because i can't make small posts :P

Medelwr
I have to agree with you there Dave as Pat's posts had also made me curious and still does so now. For someone who setup his own community which in a way is popular with some clans and other communities and to run along over to both TB and SL to post such ridiculous rubbish I think one of or the only reason why he did it was to gain a response because as he said he didn't get one from TB and so assumed it dead.
IMHO he doesn't give two shades of shit for SL and only wants to promote his community here only if he had either no or small amount of replies for which he failed at so I'm hoping he was shitting his pants when the majority of us replied, backed down too early? Yes. Pat says one thing and then goes ahead and says another by announcing that he'll never use the forum unless for as Dave already mentioned self promotion...

This will open up another can of worms though. Say he didn't get any replies what would happen then? Simple. No doubt he'd spam the forum with useless ads to promote the failure he has created and also probably get some or if not all of his admins to visit either other clan or community servers to push everyone into joining W4A.
What Pat needs to understand is that SL has been around a lot longer than W4A and will remain here for as long as both the ET and RTCW community stays alive and thriving with players but not only that with the amount of support I see in this thread alone for SL, you sir have wrapped your neck in shit by coming here and creating this topic.
Though, some of us are glad that he did.
Hessu
You feel good about yourself for saying things like that Medelwr? He is just asking if anyone still uses these forums, but you didnt quite get it.

And you saying he needs to realise that SL been longer than W4A, no kidding. as you can see, Patriot is member 463 and been here for 10 years. W4A is just started last year. Dummy.

I couldnt resist posting this..
Patriot
Dont go look for intentions that aint there Dave

as I stated rather firm in my initial post here, its my believe that we need Splatterladder to be here.

We are not that many around anymore, and we need a place, that, aint Associated with any Clan or community, where all is welcome, to give their ideas to what can be done to keep the story of WET alive for aslong as it is Possible

I also stated in my initial post that I think it would be awesome if people started to use the forum part of Splatterladder

I personally dont like FB that much, i know lot of others do, but i really dont, which is why im trying to encouraging people to use this forums.

And it seems that it somehow worked, I woke the WEB Clan and some of their mates, and they have now made more posts here the last 2 days than they had the last 2 months before.

They all have siad Splatterladder is a great place to use for looking for news, finding out where mates play etc etc, and I agree

that in itself is for me, and i dont give a crap what ppl think about me or not, a very good result.

an active forum here, would mean that new ppl googling for wet would find a place where it seems the game is still alive and maybe thats what will bring them to register here an participate in the chats.

on a persoally note,you can say what you want about me idc, Im to old to find it amusing starting to arguing over petty stuff.

My only intention is and will always be to try an keep ET alive for aslong as absolutely possible

Patriot/Carsten
martthefart
Medelwr I totally agree with your post 100% and davehead 100% I used this site for many many years just reading and watching then me and me alone decided to registry on splatter ladder ask some information which I received pretty quickly
Medelwr
QUOTE (Hessu @ Apr 26 2014, 09:41 AM) *
You feel good about yourself for saying things like that Medelwr? He is just asking if anyone still uses these forums, but you didnt quite get it.

And you saying he needs to realise that SL been longer than W4A, no kidding. as you can see, Patriot is member 463 and been here for 10 years. W4A is just started last year. Dummy.

I couldnt resist posting this..

Why would I have any reason to feel good about myself after replying to a post?
From what you said there I can assume that you are an ass hat for resorting to low level insults which doesn't do you, Pat nor W4A any favors.
If you think I didn't get what is OP meant then you can think again because unless you've already read my previous replies here then you'll already know that I know all to well what Pat was on about and it's like I said, he didn't start the topic just to see if people still use the forum.

Some of us may already know by now what his actual intentions might have been and if you've read through some of the replies then you'll see what I mean.

@ Mart

Diolch mate, cya later :)
davhead
Your approach in your own forum to bring life seems to be to start competitions and other activities which encourage members to post things. Asking about computer set-ups and other games people play is another way i have seen people generate interest. Engaging people in positive discussion seems to be your approach in your own forum!

Yet, here you comment on how it is 'going downhill, and downhill on the fast lane'. You suggest that 'I would feel if i was running a site that aint used, would at one point be very tempted to simply Draw the plug', and this does not seem very encouraging to me! A clear message to set doubt into the minds of those running the site. Even if a person was complaining about people not using the site, would they not suggest things that might bring life if their true intention was to encourage people to use the site? yes, i think so too!

So, a little homework and I read this at the bottom of the screen 'Most users ever online was 6117 on Mar 3 2014, 01:36 PM'. It seems that Splatterladder is still strong and attracting many people. I am also sure that many do not use the site for the forums as most just play the games for fun and are not interested in discussing anything (unless they have a problem).

Although i understand that your concern seems to be around people using only the forum section of this amazing service! perhaps we are older people in a growing world and forums are dying because people do use social network sites to post things now. Our facebook page gets more posts than our forum did before i shut it down! so, i follow the crowd and post on facebook if i have anything interesting to say. Even people I know asking for help with the game use the facebook site and not the forums now. This is a general trend apart from some clans who are attempting to keep forums alive. As i said above, they do that by encouraging people to post using competitions, funny vids or pics, birthday messages or general questions about computer set-ups, games people play or films that they watch. They do not do that by stating that everything is dying and the owners may want to think about pulling the plug!

Keep up the great work here guys. 6117 online in one day is very impressive to me! 1000's still use this service and it is the most valuable service in the ET community for me!

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (davhead @ Apr 26 2014, 12:50 PM) *
....... Even people I know asking for help with the game use the facebook site and not the forums now. This is a general trend apart from some clans who are attempting to keep forums alive. As i said above, they do that by encouraging people to post using competitions, funny vids or pics, birthday messages or general questions about computer set-ups, games people play or films that they watch. They do not do that by stating that everything is dying and the owners may want to think about pulling the plug!

Exactly, Dave. As soon as I read the original post it was obvious what the poster's intentions were. This was simply a psychological attack on our SL Community as a whole and on Schnoog personally.

"Hey SL Commnity, look at your "dead" forums. Hey Schnoog, if I was the owner of this website I'd feel like "pulling the plug" on it. And please ignore the fact, Schnoog, that over 6000 people were online here yesterday, reading these "dead" forums and using the SL services. It's all going "downhill" here, Schnoog!".

The real insult to Schnoog and his SL staff, though, came in his next post. After feebly attempting to claim that he only wants to encourage members here to post more often, he then goes on to state that he personally will only post here now to promote his own website. The obvious arrogance, the hypocrisy, attached to that statement is very clear to our entire Splatterladder Community. He only had good intentions at heart, that was his main motivation for making his original post? The facts, his own words, prove otherwise.

He made the same post over on Trackgays and got the result he was hoping for. He then comes here, hoping for the same result, but he badly underestimated our SL Community and the genuine love we have of this website and also our continuing appreciation and gratitude we feel towards Schnoog, Stoer, Tommy and all other members of our SL staff.

And now, apparently, our Clan, with our 30 active members and popular website, have to thank him for "waking us up". The arrogance and hypocrisy of this person knows no bounds.

Hessu
Dont act like adult baby. I know you hurt your feelings after we had disagreement how things should be on W4A.
This aint about W4A, so stick to the topic (Which was to get more posts on SL forums, in case you forgot)

Only whos being Hypocrisy is you, calling other ET based forums as "Trackgays" and trying to flame us
Medelwr
Stick to the topic he says.
Mind you this isn't just about SL since Pat had made the same post over at TB so sticking to the topic when this is based on two completely different communities with the possibility of a third, we are free to discuss anything we wish here are we not?
And so we can discuss W4A if we so choose to.

This, actually has everything to do with W4A because Pat was only here to promote your failure of a community so don't go telling us to stick to the topic because the topic more or less is exactly that.
It isn't really about SL at all as it's just an idiot seeking attention by posting a ridiculous post asking if the forum is dead or not when, all he could have done was check every board of the forum to see who posted and when and it's the same thing over at TB however the difference over there is they have a sideblock stating who last posted in what topic and when.

I know you hurt your feelings after we had disagreement how things should be on W4A.

Who's feelings were hurt then?
And the way things should have been on W4A is simple. It should have been more fairer for those who visited and played in your server however due to the fact that on some occasions you were losing players because of ONE other you failed to act and so something had to be done about it which was when a vote came in which passed and even still, you failed to act.
The only feelings hurt there was W4A losing out on not only regular players but a clan that has been there for the community since day one until the point of betrayal on W4A's part.
Hessu
Theres topic about W4A so take it there if you feel like.

Anyways, seems Patriot did good job with this topic, even i had to reply grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Hessu @ Apr 26 2014, 05:53 PM) *
............I know you hurt your feelings after we had disagreement how things should be on W4A.
This aint about W4A, so stick to the topic (Which was to get more posts on SL forums, in case you forgot)

Please notice, folks, the arrogance, the desperation, contained once again in this post from the sidekick of the original poster, as he tries to defend his despicable associate. At no point in this thread have I even referred to their truly stone-dead website. I have stuck to the topic at hand at all times, a topic that was simply designed by the original poster to be nothing more than a selfish and nasty psychological attack on this great website and also to "drum up" some badly needed attention for their total failure of a "community". That's what his last, pathetic post is meant to do, as well as taking an opportunity to insult me personally.

The type of people we're dealing with here are the those who believe that all publicity, even if it's bad, should be considered as being "good" publicity, because it still gives them the attention that they so desperately crave. I know this for a fact because I've had the misfortune of working with these people in the past, something I now truly regret. Trust me, they'll be on their teamspeak channel tonight, giggling like schoolboys, considering this thread to be a "job done". The best thing our Clan ever did, in regards to their now stone-dead "community", was to leave it entirely, because that's the day it died and they know it.

They challenged us here on Splatterladder with their false accusations of this being a "dead website" and that it would maybe be better for Schnoog just to shut down the website altogether, our Splatterladder Community has now destroyed their manufactured myth. The only thing that irks me right now is the fact that these schemers will indeed now get the extra attention that means so much to them, that they so desperately require for their stone-dead website. They will soon discover, however, that they have now done themselves more harm than good. This thread now serves as a clear indication to the entire Wolfenstein Community as to what these people are actually like. They will never recover from this despicable attack on Splatterladder.

Splatterladder is indeed alive and well, much loved and much used by it's members. Long may it last.

Hessu
Seems youre the one who needs atenttion for bringing up our Community over and over again..

"best thing our Clan ever did, in regards to their now stone-dead "community", was to leave it entirely, because that's the day it died and they know it."

Server has gone higher in ranks and more members joining. Get your facts right and calm down for even once, so much anger.
Medelwr
The only reason it grew in ranks is because you've now got more than one server so advertisement is on the up for you ass hats, if there wasn't more than one server right now your failure of a community would be dead and buried. Stats however doesn't prove how well a server or community does as its more the people or admins who are running it that does...
You lot came here trying to be all high n mighty by claiming that this community here is dead with the hope of getting no replies what so ever in order for one of you to start pushing or forcing others your way and I'll tell you, if you deny this then you can certainly think again because that Pat has already admitted it in one of his replies. It may not be as clear though it's there none the less.

If however Pat had not posted here then your infernal community wouldn't have been thought of nor mentioned.
And now Hessu I ask, where is that Pat eh? Since he's stepped back with his head down in shame after defeat you take his place and start causing a shit storm by trying to insult others with low level insults and sarcasm to try and dumb others down to your level. Don't bother trying to deny it because it will only blow back in your face and I'll tell you this, you call us attention seekers when it was you lot who came here causing this shite in the first place probably knowing that sooner or later that community of inbreeds you are apart of would be mentioned making it your chance to step in and argue it out.

Denying that wouldn't work, it's already happening!

TomDome
Ah man a lot to read for my old eyes today.

Could say and reply to may many said words here but ill keep it short. Regardless of any attempts of whom ever for this or that or nothing or the opposite or everything or whatthehellidontcareandidontgetthepointofitallnow

My <3 sl.forum is pretty much degenerated to a place where some People that want to create a clan and have a server registered to it, register, promote the clan, promote the server and thats it. Some users post from time to time and help to keep it alive, many users dont. Thats the life of a forum. Its like your life. When you are "a new user" you like holding your mums and dads hand, listen to sleep-well-music, eat a delicious cup of fresh milk and sleep alot. Then you get older, play some game of ball, meet friends, get older, make party, get older and so on. Thats the way of life. Who ever would claim that this wont happen to a forum? Me not.

I was pretty pretty much active here in 2006/2007 when i got banned on another forum. So i found this one here to be my new home. And because i found many friends in my early days of ET thanks to sl and the tracker, i just wanted to give something back. Thats why i "lived" in this forum. Rippchen and Proddi alongsinde with the rest of NOOS (R.I.P.) seemed to like what i did, as i became a mod here. So at least these people have seen that i gave something back.

Nowadays i use the forum not much anymore because there is no need for it. Those posts that are being made are most of the time quickly answered or problems solved till i read it.

SL has evolved with many new features like the support ticket system, that also prevents some people to post in the forum but to open up a ticket, as we tried to get the users to open a ticket because that way we have a faster way of interaction and resolution. Schnoog invented SplatterPad, we also have a Splatterletter (ok in fact i wanted to have it but we dont use it very often). And we also expanded with more games in the effort to reach more people to use our services, like io Urban Terror, Call of Duty 1/2..., Call of Duty 4, we also planned to add even more games. But regardless of every effort you take to create something new or better, you cant bring people to use a forum if they dont like to.

Faceboor, Twitter and co. were mentioned above, and that is it. The digital life and lifestyle has changed just like a Tsunami changes the shape of a Harborcity when hit. Nothing is like before. What we "old" people like or want is far away from what a youngster wants from cyberlife. And we all know how it went down with RtCW just "some days ago". ET runs down and will die (and with it the websites and forums that made it that big it was).

So, i tried to keep it short but hey - thats life friends.gif

I hope schnoog and ALL people, that partcipate for sl or his other projects (yes there are some, as the most will know) help keep this place what it is, a place for information and server and buddy tracking, as this was the way it all began.

Peace out!
Patriot
Pat,
I`m very glad that you opened this thread, Thanks for this.
The reason for me to wait a period of time before posting here is, that the most discussion brake down after I`m posting :)
Please keep this discussion alive.

Well NP mate

looking in the backmirror i might should have written

What can we do to help SL? <-- nomatter what some think, thats a sincere offer.

And it seems you posting here hasnt stopped anyone from posting grin.gif
$mart
Hey !!!!!! These posts are too long, make shorter or I am going to leave this forum crash.gif

What can we do to help SL? <-- nomatter what some think, thats a sincere offer.

-> simply donating ... for a single user a little donation, for a clan a bigger donation

And are these stats real-players or bot/googling ? super.gif
Like omni-bot'names, hard to be such creative in nice user'names xD

Long life to ET, to sl ... and to the masterlist grin.gif

V55
Hessu
Your lack of respect made me wanna start posting here.

- "I'm hoping he was shitting his pants when the majority of us replied"

- "No doubt he'd spam the forum with useless ads to promote the failure he has created and also probably get some or if not all of his admins to visit either other clan or community servers to push everyone into joining W4A. "

Over and out :)
Medelwr
And why should I have any form of respect for you, or for W4A?
davhead
Never noticed the member numbers before.. how cool is that the you have or have had around 500,000 members. Thats very good going in my mind guys.. An amazing service indeed!
schnoog
Just a few words about W4A:
I`m glad projects like this existing. And I offer all support we`re able to give to any project targeting the survive of ET.

In general:
In my position as the admin of SL I`m not willing to tell "good" and "bad" projects apart. It does not matter whether I like a project personally or not.

> simply donating ... for a single user a little donation, for a clan a bigger donation

True, but only one half of the story.
My encourage is in the first line the community itself (not only the forum participants). Otherwise SL would be down some month now.
But it`s not very exciting when new ideas were realized but the feedback from community stuck.

Smart, those user are real users, Google and other spiders were listed separately.

masahari
QUOTE (schnoog @ Apr 27 2014, 05:55 PM) *
But it`s not very exciting when new ideas were realized but the feedback from community stuck.

It can also be a sign of a good job, generally poor and non-functional changes and ideas are the things where people give feedback.

Keep up the great work SL team cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif respect.gif
$mart
{WeB}*DoG*
Seems like I have missed a fair bit, for those that know my current situation you will understand why, I just needed to speak up but suffice to say Splatterladder was, has been, and always will be The definitive and spiritual home of ET. Schnoog in my opinion has been ET's best friend for years he took over from Proddi , and has only ever had the best interest of ET at heart running Sl and wolffiles more often at a loss just so us die hard players had a reliable resource site and info site. A site like Sl does not need to have 1000 posts a day, it's far better to have a few informative posts than 900 bits of nonsense it's not about the posts it's about the visitor traffic, there will be players out there that have used Sl for the whole 10 years but are not the type to join websites or forums.

Is a forum dead because there are no posts for a couple of days Does that mean its dead? Well with 6000 + visitors I think not and anyone with half a brain knows that forums have quiet and busy periods it's the nature of the beast. It's not the end of the world we all have periods in our lives where real life becomes more important than gaming as I am only too well aware right now but that said it does not mean that we should all pack it in.

I'll just say this, thank you Schnoog you are a star and your hard work is appreciated by me and all the gamers I am friends with
Kindest regards
Dogster

cheers.gif cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.