Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ET downloading not needed maps
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
Guuzz
Hi guys,

I have a problem. When people are connecting for the first time to our servers, they have to download some soundpacks and stuff (we regulate that, so we expect that behaviour).
But they also have to download about 10 maps, before they are able to play, while the server is not using those maps at the time of connecting.
Does anyone have a clue why this happens and how to prevent it?
The maps that people need to download are over 55 MB, so it is annoying and a lot of people disconnect early because of that reason.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Guuzz
$mart
Hello, I thought this behavior was because of 'Campagn' gametype, but I see your servers are in 'Votingmap' ... So, like you, I wait someone explains that cheers.gif
CS|kOoL
Hi all,

It is because some mappers put a ".campaign" in their "Maps".

By example in first i think to:

http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=784

http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=2919

But there is a lot of "Maps" in this case...

If you look into the "Maps" (who are downloaded without reason) for sure you can see in the folder "scripts" there is a ".campaign" and it is that who trigs the unwanted download.

On our server this kind of problems are fixed (since long time) because i clean up all the maps about this ".campaign" because as you say if a player download any maps (50 Mo and more for nothing) , it a loss of time and we are all OK with that cheers.gif .

I hope i have been clear :) , sorry for my poor english.

CS|kOoL.

Guuzz
Hi CS|kOoL,

Thanks for your reply.
The maps you are pointing to are indeed maps which are having those problems as an example.
I will try your solution and will let you know if it worked or not.

Thank you!

Regards,

Guuzz
Guuzz
Hi CS|kOoL,

You were right!
I deleted the .campaign files out of the scripts folder and our problem is solved.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Guuzz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.