Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server max download rate
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers
drylelite
Greetings cheers.gif
I have setup a new public etpro stopwatch server with pb, im happy i got it working rolleye.gif (178.62.204.78:27967)

Anyway, ppl seem to connect, and download (for-example) supply.pk3 on 25kb/s eventho i put my sv_dl_maxrate up to "9999999999"
yes i did setup a wwwbase download aswell for ppl with cl_www which is a fast download but still.. id like to have both fast http download and from the server, any suggestions?

Much thanks!

Also on a side note, because globalcombined.lua (v4) some ppl tend to get disconnected/kicked, for whatever reason(duplicate name) and the error is "U Cant rejoin for a whole minute" But that minute tends to
never end, atleast not untill a server restart motz.gif bash.gif ... any suggestions on that aswell??

Kind regards! Thanks for ur time and Happy fragging!

v55
StoerFaktoR
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 18 2014, 06:44 AM) *
Greetings cheers.gif
I have setup a new public etpro stopwatch server with pb, im happy i got it working rolleye.gif (178.62.204.78:27967)

Anyway, ppl seem to connect, and download (for-example) supply.pk3 on 25kb/s eventho i put my sv_dl_maxrate up to "9999999999"
yes i did setup a wwwbase download aswell for ppl with cl_www which is a fast download but still.. id like to have both fast http download and from the server, any suggestions?

Much thanks!

Also on a side note, because globalcombined.lua (v4) some ppl tend to get disconnected/kicked, for whatever reason(duplicate name) and the error is "U Cant rejoin for a whole minute" But that minute tends to
never end, atleast not untill a server restart motz.gif bash.gif ... any suggestions on that aswell??

v55

Hi drylelite ,

for a fast download you need a webserver or webspace.
If you have a webspace then you need to set the path in your server.cfg like

set sv_allowDownload "1"
set sv_wwwDownload "1"
set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://combat-funzone.de/fdl/" // base URL for redirection

//you can also use the IP of your webspace if the url is not working

set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://144.76.41.60/fdl/" // base URL for redirection

sv_dl_maxrate up to "82000" <-- is not relevant

fdl = fast download

In this folder (fdl) you need all mod folders of your gameserver.
In your case : etmain and etpro --> Take a look in our fastdownload folder : http://combat-funzone.de/fdl/
In the etmain folder of fdl, you have to copy and paste all additional or customized pk3 files like maps.
In your etpro folder of fdl ,you have to copy and paste all pk3 files of your gameservers etpro folder.

In example:

If you have those files in your gameservers etpro folder:

etpro-3_2_6.pk3
zzz_funzsound.pk3
zzz_hiddencontrols.pk3

then your fdl folder must contain the same files (like a mirror)

fdl folder

etpro-3_2_6.pk3
zzz_funzsound.pk3
zzz_hiddencontrols.pk3

Hope it will help you.
Regards,
Stoer

PS: Never used globalcombined.lua :/
drylelite
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Dec 18 2014, 09:24 AM) *
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 18 2014, 06:44 AM) *
Greetings cheers.gif

Much thanks!

v55

Hi drylelite ,

for a fast download you need a webserver or webspace.
If you have a webspace then you need to set the path in your server.cfg like

set sv_allowDownload "1"
set sv_wwwDownload "1"
set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://combat-funzone.de/fdl/" // base URL for redirection

//you can also use the IP of your webspace if the url is not working

set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://144.76.41.60/fdl/" // base URL for redirection

sv_dl_maxrate up to "82000" <-- is not relevant

fdl = fast download

In this folder (fdl) you need all mod folders of your gameserver.
In your case : etmain and etpro --> Take a look in our fastdownload folder : http://combat-funzone.de/fdl/
In the etmain folder of fdl, you have to copy and paste all additional or customized pk3 files like maps.
In your etpro folder of fdl ,you have to copy and paste all pk3 files of your gameservers etpro folder.

In example:

If you have those files in your gameservers etpro folder:

etpro-3_2_6.pk3
zzz_funzsound.pk3
zzz_hiddencontrols.pk3

then your fdl folder must contain the same files (like a mirror)

fdl folder

etpro-3_2_6.pk3
zzz_funzsound.pk3
zzz_hiddencontrols.pk3

Hope it will help you.
Regards,
Stoer

PS: Never used globalcombined.lua :/

Ty for quick reply, fixed it for me thanks!
Kinda going offtopic here, but would u be so kind to share a thing or two with me about securing et 2.60b server
(Kids crashing it when full etc)
currently im using that *."exe" binary patch is there anything else that will make script kiddies inefective ?
StoerFaktoR
Kinda going offtopic here, but would u be so kind to share a thing or two with me about securing et 2.60b server
currently im using that *."exe" binary patch is there anything else that will make script kiddies inefective ?

I can only give you security hints about linux servers.
We dont use windows... Sorry

But,
if your server run on linux you can use
the getstatusfix. (maybe something like this exists for windows ??? )

Just open the etded with wordpad or notepad++ and edit the path cd "path_to_your_etserver"
where your server is installed.
Start your server with etded...

One thing... Make a hard and unique rcon password.

Myq4s$w0rD << like this grin.gif
drylelite
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Dec 18 2014, 09:58 AM) *

I can only give you security hints about linux servers.
We dont use windows... Sorry

But,
if your server run on linux you can use
the getstatusfix. (maybe something like this exists for windows ??? )

Just open the etded with wordpad or notepad++ and edit the path cd "path_to_your_etserver"
where your server is installed.
Start your server with etded...

One thing... Make a hard and unique rcon password.

Myq4s$w0rD << like this grin.gif

thanks again, but i think that im already using that patch :P (Was the one i was talking about)
Thanks for ur time!

p.s. ofc its linux ( :
StoerFaktoR
thanks again, but i think that im already using that patch :P (Was the one i was talking about)
Thanks for ur time!

p.s. ofc its linux ( :

Maybe you will find some interesting scripts here

;)
drylelite
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Dec 18 2014, 10:05 AM) *
Thanks for ur time!

p.s. ofc its linux ( :

Maybe you will find some interesting scripts here

;)

Again thank you werry much. Quite a collection there, almost like the antman's site :)

kind regards
drylelite
Also, since im here, would anyone mind setting up a flag for the server i added? hosted in NL(Netherlands) 178.62.204.78:27967
StoerFaktoR
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 18 2014, 01:31 PM) *
Also, since im here, would anyone mind setting up a flag for the server i added? hosted in NL(Netherlands) 178.62.204.78:27967

If Schnoog reads your post he will set the flag ;)
drylelite
happy birthday schnoog \o brutale.gif happyb.gif
schnoog
Not my birthday, but thanks anyway :)
Flag is set.

You should think about using this script: http://lua.wolffiles.de/?fileid=168

Cheers
Schnoog
drylelite
QUOTE (schnoog @ Dec 18 2014, 08:31 PM) *
Not my birthday, but thanks anyway :)
Flag is set.

You should think about using this script: http://lua.wolffiles.de/?fileid=168

Cheers
Schnoog

Thanks!! and yes i did use the script for some time, but when ppl get disconnected during a download or reconnect, they get banned by the lua saying "Ur not allowed to join for 1min" and players cant rejoin till server restart :'( rolleye.gif
rehhhh
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 18 2014, 09:17 PM) *
but when ppl get disconnected during a download or reconnect, they get banned by the lua saying "Ur not allowed to join for 1min" and players cant rejoin till server restart :'( rolleye.gif)

setl b_cheatkicktime "0" for teh win.. ehh or get yer hax str8up inb4
drylelite
QUOTE (rehhhh @ Dec 18 2014, 11:30 PM) *
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 18 2014, 09:17 PM) *
but when ppl get disconnected during a download or reconnect, they get banned by the lua saying "Ur not allowed to join for 1min" and players cant rejoin till server restart :'( rolleye.gif)

setl b_cheatkicktime "0" for teh win.. ehh or get yer hax str8up inb4

Wow thanks! what about the b_anticheat "1" i laeve it 1 or also 0?
Once again thanks alot guys! <3 respect.gif
drylelite
Since i had so much success in this post #Wining grin.gif
i decided to go even more offtopic, since its "Xmas holidays" i wanted to make it feel like it on my server,i downloaded supply_wm.pk3 and radar_winter maps just to test out the snow if it works, long story short
It did work, but is probably life threatening to play on the map because OH-SO-BRIGHT, so my question is

Do you guys know/have any nice winter maps, preferably standard maps remade like radar, supply, bremouen, et_beach, goldrush, delivery, etc that u could suggest?

Also, i found z_one4one_xmas_pack.pk3 which is supposedly to make everyone look like santa etc. but when file is downloaded from the servers no skins change;
-How would i setup some xmas hats/suits for everyone on the server? or do you have any nice z_*.pk3 xmas themed to download, Also, do i need to run/add the z_* pk3 serverside in any configs to make it executable?or just let it sit in etpro mod file?

AAAaaaand since im here im thinking about making an xmas party with xmas baserace on a 60slot etpro server, and yall invited!!! thanks again for all the help guys cheers.gif
rly appreciate it, have a nice day! kind regards
StoerFaktoR
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 19 2014, 04:10 PM) *
Since i had so much success in this post #Wining grin.gif
i decided to go even more offtopic, since its "Xmas holidays" i wanted to make it feel like it on my server,i downloaded supply_wm.pk3 and radar_winter maps just to test out the snow if it works, long story short
It did work, but is probably life threatening to play on the map because OH-SO-BRIGHT, so my question is

Do you guys know/have any nice winter maps, preferably standard maps remade like radar, supply, bremouen, et_beach, goldrush, delivery, etc that u could suggest?

Also, i found z_one4one_xmas_pack.pk3 which is supposedly to make everyone look like santa etc. but when file is downloaded from the servers no skins change;
-How would i setup some xmas hats/suits for everyone on the server? or do you have any nice z_*.pk3 xmas themed to download, Also, do i need to run/add the z_* pk3 serverside in any configs to make it executable?or just let it sit in etpro mod file?

AAAaaaand since im here im thinking about making an xmas party with xmas baserace on a 60slot etpro server, and yall invited!!! thanks again for all the help guys cheers.gif
rly appreciate it, have a nice day! kind regards

use mini mods instead maps
try one of those mods ;)

http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=1190
http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=1191

place the pk3 files in your gameserver-etpro and your fastdownload-etpro-folder and wait for the next map.

(ONLY USE ONE OF THEM!!!)
drylelite
Thanks, il give it a try :) / Works awesome grin.gifD thanks, i just hope others will like it as much as i do (:
drylelite
/offtopic

Does anyone know how to disable the objctives from ending the game/round

For exmaple supply last stage truck is at the end and cant move no more but the game is still ongoing.

Marry xmas & Happy holydays!
macbeth
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 28 2014, 04:02 AM) *
/offtopic

For exmaple supply last stage truck is at the end and cant move no more but the game is still ongoing.

you mean you stuck on the map supply and don't load anymore the first map?

set d25 "set g_gametype 2 ; map supply ; set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1
drylelite
QUOTE (macbeth @ Dec 28 2014, 05:37 AM) *
/offtopic

vstr d1

Hi,
No i mean finishing the map(objective vise) doesnt end the map the game is ongoing even when map objective was completed,
in this case, allies escaping with the gold, truck is at the end but nothing happens, objective disabled
StoerFaktoR
QUOTE (drylelite @ Dec 29 2014, 05:37 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Dec 28 2014, 05:37 AM) *
/offtopic

vstr d1

Hi,
No i mean finishing the map(objective vise) doesnt end the map the game is ongoing even when map objective was completed,
in this case, allies escaping with the gold, truck is at the end but nothing happens, objective disabled

What is the first map in your cycle?
Try a standard map like goldrush or radar as first map.

Maybe this helps gruebel.gif
drylelite
Ahh we seem to have diff ideas

i have no problems with map rotation or any other cycles :P

Lemme put it this way

A long time ago i was playing on an ETPRO public server, where "OBJ" was disabled
that meaning when u grab the Documents and transmit them, the game doesnt end it goes on and ppl are happy fraging :P

im not describing a bug that my map rotation/map cycle doesnt cycle, im just wondering how would i

for example, make a new server with letsay only adlernest runing 999timelimit
where even transfering docs wouldnt stop the gameplay

Hope i made it more clear :P
macbeth
then I dunno than you can have obj disabled never heard about that and I play since 2003 ET
you tried to google?
$mart
Hello drylelite,

You can do it by extracting the original mapscript of the map, and copy it in 'yourmod/mapscripts' folder.
Now, modify this copy, in the 'game_manager' section, and search the 2 variables :
wm_set_round_timelimit
wm_setwinner

Set the 1st to 0 or 9999, and maybe the 2nd to -1. I haven't tested, but for sure tweaking these will do what you want, a never ending map xD

( and verify you have set g_mapScriptDirectory "mapscripts" in your server cfg )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.