Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ETF / {WEB} Event: SLEIGH-A-THON
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
FlyingdutchmaN

ETF & {WEB} Presents the End of Year SLEIGH-A-THON!!!

Hosted @ ETF's Silent Server Friday December 26th, 2014

/Connect et.etforever.com or by IP: 192.99.1.221:27960
Teamspeak: ts3.etforever.com

Event begins at:

12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT

We hope to see you there!

Happy Holidays and New Year !!!

Wolf Enstein
I'm really looking forward to this one, Dutch. If it's just as good as the Thanksgiving Day frag it will be epic brutale.gif cheers.gif .
CS|kOoL
Hi,

If {WEB} will be there , we will be there with pleasure (at least at 3).

CS|kOoL.
b0bby
Like i said on the Web forum, i'll see what i can do. I should be able to make it. Let's hope i'm in the mood to play as well.
CS|kOoL
Hi,

I just come from your server for downloading by advance your main files and i have not seen any active "AC"...

Let's hope at least the "SilentMod Anticheat" will be active while the event :)

CS|kOoL.

FlyingdutchmaN
QUOTE (CS|kOoL @ Dec 20 2014, 10:50 AM) *
Hi,

I just come from your server for downloading by advance your main files and i have not seen any active "AC"...

CS|kOoL.

We will have some anti-cheat measures in place for the event. We will also have admins that will spectate looking for suspect players, so we're good on that front.

I hope to frag with you all very soon.

-FDM
Caesar
Can't wait for this. Great work on the banner Dutchie cheers.gif
{WeB}*DoG*
I'll be there thanksgiving was a blast and after spending Christmas with the family it will be great to vent some frustration lol. Gangsta is particularly excited

cheers.gif cheers.gif
martthefart
santa looks like he could do with a good old stretching hopefully ill be on great work guys (what a scary santa) lol
CS|kOoL
QUOTE (FlyingdutchmaN @ Dec 20 2014, 08:02 PM) *
Hi,

CS|kOoL.

We will have some anti-cheat measures in place for the event. We will also have admins that will spectate looking for suspect players, so we're good on that front.

-FDM

Hi,

Seriously i don't understand , you are saying you will not turn ON the "SilentMod Anticheat" ?

You are saying there will be any guys who go to spec ?

CS|kOoL.

FlyingdutchmaN
QUOTE (CS|kOoL @ Dec 23 2014, 08:25 AM) *
Hi,

CS|kOoL.

-FDM

Hi,

Seriously i don't understand , you are saying you will not turn ON the "SilentMod Anticheat" ?

CS|kOoL.

We will turn on Anti-cheat if its a viable option. If it doesn't get turned on by then, we always have a few admins that are moderating the game for cheaters. We tend to not have many issues with cheaters, and if so - they are dealt with immediately. There is nothing to worry about in terms of cheaters compromising the event: rest assured.

I also wanted to point out: that this being around the holidays, we are aware not everyone will be available to play on the 26th. That being the case, we'd like to extend this event throughout the weekend. If you cannot make it on Friday, then please join up before or after the day of the event (Thursday, Saturday or Sunday) - we'll have players around most of this weekend, and would like everyone to have a chance to frag.

That being said, let's all plan for Friday the 26th starting at 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT : for the main event.
CS|kOoL
QUOTE (FlyingdutchmaN @ Dec 23 2014, 08:27 PM) *
Hi,

CS|kOoL.

-FDM

Hi,

CS|kOoL.

We will turn on Anti-cheat if its a viable option. If it doesn't get turned on by then, we always have a few admins that are moderating the game for cheaters. We tend to not have many issues with cheaters, and if so - they are dealt with immediately. There is nothing to worry about in terms of cheaters compromising the event: rest assured.

I also wanted to point out: that this being around the holidays, we are aware not everyone will be available to play on the 26th. That being the case, we'd like to extend this event throughout the weekend. If you cannot make it on Friday, then please join up before or after the day of the event (Thursday, Saturday or Sunday) - we'll have players around most of this weekend, and would like everyone to have a chance to frag.

That being said, let's all plan for Friday the 26th starting at 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT : for the main event.

Hi,

I still don't understand , you can enable and you don't...

Seriously , the best measures is to turn ON the "SilentMod Anticheat" , if no it is a wasting time.

I have just a little question:

If you turn ON the "SilentMod Anticheat" , can you log in your server ?

I ask it because (as you know) on my server you can't log in , each time you are kicked...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015 !!!

cheers.gif

CS|kOoL.
FlyingdutchmaN
QUOTE (CS|kOoL @ Dec 24 2014, 01:03 AM) *
QUOTE (FlyingdutchmaN @ Dec 23 2014, 08:27 PM) *
Hi,

CS|kOoL.

-FDM

Hi,

CS|kOoL.

Hi,

I still don't understand , you can enable and you don't...

Seriously , the best measures is to turn ON the "SilentMod Anticheat" , if no it is a wasting time.

I have just a little question:

If you turn ON the "SilentMod Anticheat" , can you log in your server ?

I ask it because (as you know) on my server you can't log in , each time you are kicked...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015 !!!

cheers.gif

CS|kOoL.

Our Server admin told me that Anti-cheat is on: but auto-ban is off.

We are good to go!

FlyingdutchmaN

See you guys Friday! cheers.gif
{WeB}*DoG*
Really looking forward to it Dutch!!!!! cheers.gif cheers.gif
Dualitium

well this is going to be fun, lets hope we can get full house tonight then !
TomDome
Great to hear that the AC is turned on and a nice sleigh you have there.

Looking forward to frag a bit later. super.gif
masahari
It was great frag thx to ETF and {WeB} respect.gif cheers.gif
CS|kOoL
QUOTE (TomDome @ Dec 26 2014, 06:05 PM) *
Great to hear that the AC is turned on and a nice sleigh you have there.

Looking forward to frag a bit later. super.gif

Hi,

For my part i'm not surprised , the end had been a bad joke , know the "AC" was off...

I let "FlyingdutchmaN" explains to us what happened :)

CS|kOoL.
Wolf Enstein
Yeah, for the most part the fraggin' was epic, I really enjoyed it. The hackers appeared at the end and caused some havoc, but they were soon kicked and banned from the server.

Many thanks to everyone who showed up to support the event, there's nothing better than a packed server with tons of action and teamplay cheers.gif .
{WeB}*DoG*
The turnout was superb I think at one stage we had 15 of our guys there the maps were fun, the banter was great the ac wasn't on but for the most part that was not an issue, until like the guys said, the idiots showed up lol they always do....
Only thing I would say is that the arty timings need a little tweak no breaks at all.... us poor engineers were getting murdered just trying to repair stuff hope everyone else had a hoot and maybe we can meet up and try it again sometime.
Kindest regards and new year greetings to all.....
Dogster

cheers.gif cheers.gif
CS|kOoL
Hi,

Seriously i don't feel it serious... 01lol.gif

And without "AC"...but with cheaters and rambo medics inside , a good exemple for the youngness 01lol.gif

For me it is just a shame because it represents supposedly our communauty who doesn't need it for sinking spanking.gif

What a pity , at least the "AC" has to be enabled , OK none "AC" is perfect but it helps , it is a comfort for getting a clean server...if no where is the interest to play like that ? What a wasting time 01lol.gif

CS|kOoL.
{WeB}*DoG*
Yes k0ol ......maybe we are just miserable old bastards lol. Desperately trying to keep servers fun for all is hard, and you have to work at it and everyday be aware that there will be someone out there who thinks they are smarter and can work out a way around getting caught. I agree totally that it makes no sense whatsoever to have ac and not use it. But despite all this the couple of cheaters and the Rambo medics ( there are always Rambos) and the fierce arty.... it was still fun .......ETF never claimed to have a balanced server they also never said no Rambos or limited arty, I guess what makes it fun for us k0ol is not for everyone. Our take on fragging has always been it has to be fun even for the weakest player but probably that's why k0ol we like our respective servers....
All the Best
Dogster

depp.gif ditsch.gif cheers.gif
FlyingdutchmaN
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Dec 28 2014, 03:38 AM) *
Yes k0ol ......maybe we are just miserable old bastards lol. Desperately trying to keep servers fun for all is hard, and you have to work at it and everyday be aware that there will be someone out there who thinks they are smarter and can work out a way around getting caught. I agree totally that it makes no sense whatsoever to have ac and not use it. But despite all this the couple of cheaters and the Rambo medics ( there are always Rambos) and the fierce arty.... it was still fun .......ETF never claimed to have a balanced server they also never said no Rambos or limited arty, I guess what makes it fun for us k0ol is not for everyone. Our take on fragging has always been it has to be fun even for the weakest player but probably that's why k0ol we like our respective servers....
All the Best
Dogster

depp.gif ditsch.gif cheers.gif

I've found it's impossible to please everyone with one server configuration: but @ ETF we try hard to please our regulars & members by voting on all major configuration changes. We let the players decide in a democratic fashion so we can try and please everyone or at least the majority.

I run ET:Legacy, and found it impossible to connect to CS's server without being auto-kicked & banned. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Legacy and AC : but we would hate to have innocent players kicked and banned due to their particular ET client not cooperating with AC. I will try testing this further to see if there is a connection between Legacy and AC not playing nicely. With that said, I am glad that the hackers were quickly dispatched on Friday by our admins.

I really appreciate everyone showing up and gaming with us: it was a lot of fun. Perhaps the next event can be held @ the {WEB} server so we can try out your configuration.

cheers.gif
masahari
True Dutch its impossible always please everyone, but everyone can choose where he/she wants to play and i have much fun on your server thx for that and i hope we see new event your or WeB server cheers.gif
{WeB}*DoG*
Hey Dutch please don't think of it as a complaint... your server is just different to ours that's all its not an issue. most servers are frag servers, at {WeB} we have always preferred teamwork type servers to try and get the teams as even as possible build a team spirit and hope they go down to the wire.... most people will hate fragging on ours... I fully appreciate that..

There will always be Rambo medics wherever you play so that is just something you have to cope with, but the arty spread and recharge speed are fierce on your server for us old bastoids lol the arthritis is hard when your are trying to diffuse.
cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif

respect.gif help.gif help.gif help.gif
Wolf Enstein
Yep, we all had a great frag and it was just the artillery, with no break in it whatsoever, that caused any problems for us help.gif .
#AleX
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Dec 27 2014, 07:04 PM) *
The turnout was superb I think at one stage we had 15 of our guys there the maps were fun, the banter was great the ac wasn't on but for the most part that was not an issue, until like the guys said, the idiots showed up lol they always do....
Only thing I would say is that the arty timings need a little tweak no breaks at all.... us poor engineers were getting murdered just trying to repair stuff hope everyone else had a hoot and maybe we can meet up and try it again sometime.
Dogster

cheers.gif cheers.gif

Thanks for pointing me into that direction, arty is fixed now. Field Ops charge bar was recharging way too fast. Set to defaut now.
FlyingdutchmaN
QUOTE (#AleX @ Dec 29 2014, 06:53 AM) *
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Dec 27 2014, 07:04 PM) *
Dogster

cheers.gif cheers.gif

Thanks for pointing me into that direction, arty is fixed now. Field Ops charge bar was recharging way too fast. Set to defaut now.

I look forward to less arty as I find too much of it can easily ruin a game!

Thanks #Alex!
$mart
Hello, I was not at the event but saw in SL you had many many players, and run zero bot, very good super.gif

Just for arty: charge-bar will not prevent "spamming", except if you limit the amount of field-ops per team.

You should use this CVAR:
g_minArtyTime

Description
The time (in seconds) that must elapse between airtillery strikes PER TEAM. Attempts to do airstrike before the timeout will get "Insuffient fire support" message.
Parameters
Type: integer
Default: 10

Even when I put it at 30s, people complained !!!
I use 60 now lol

Hey, when next event ?
TomDome
Well i was there for an hour or so and i played fieldop. I think setting the intervalls to high ruins the job of a fieldop. But as said its not easy to please everyone. I think it was a bit to fast, but not terrible to fast.

I also wasnt only sitting there and ffe but also supplying my teammembers with ammunition and thats also a job of a fop. If the rechargebar fills too slow you cant supply your team.

Just my 2 cents.

But it was fun as long as i was on cheers.gif
CS|kOoL
QUOTE ($mart @ Dec 29 2014, 06:00 PM) *
Hello, I was not at the event but saw in SL you had many many players, and run zero bot, very good super.gif

Yes "$mart" but they don't do as us (they are too lax) , they don't run fully their "AC"...then it means nothing :)

Look there is not the icon "AC" , in fact they let the door open and they ban manually as a guet apen 01lol.gif la tenaille !

As if our game had not enough bad reputation about cheaters xd

It is true the cheater has been ejected by an admin but how many times after any guys have whined ?

For sure many people is gone after this incident...What a wasting time !!
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (#AleX @ Dec 29 2014, 05:53 PM) *
..........arty is fixed now. Field Ops charge bar was recharging way too fast. Set to defaut now.

Thanks a lot, Alex, that will make a big difference to the gameplay for sure thanks.gif .

QUOTE ($mart @ Dec 29 2014, 08:00 PM) *

Yeah it was great, $mart bro, no bots all night and we fragged until about 1am British time super.gif .

QUOTE ($mart @ Dec 29 2014, 08:00 PM) *
Hey, when next event ?

We'll be discussing that very subject real soon, amigo. As always, Dutch will keep everyone posted via Splatterladder arbeit.gif grin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.