Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorrect server location and information
[splatterladder] Board > --:: SplatterLadder ::-- > [splatterladder] - Support
ETSNEAK
Referring to this server: http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=758922
The server is NOT in Canada. It's in Dallas, TX (USA).

Friendly Fire is also off, please see NQ Wiki here: http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index....#g_friendlyFire
We are using "32" as our "g_friendlyFire" setting. Maybe you can fix this for NQ servers.

I tried to make a ticket but kept getting this error: "Unable to create a ticket. Please correct errors below and try again!" without any indication as to what's wrong. Maybe you don't accept URLs in tickets?
schnoog
Hi mate,
server location is fixed.
The FF occours, because the vanilla specification was 0 = no FF, !=0 = FF.
Have to rewrite a couple lines of code. But`s on the radar now :)

Thanks

p.s.:Will try to check what went wrong within the ticket system
ETSNEAK
QUOTE (schnoog @ Jan 29 2015, 04:29 PM) *
Hi mate,
server location is fixed.
The FF occours, because the vanilla specification was 0 = no FF, !=0 = FF.
Have to rewrite a couple lines of code. But`s on the radar now :)

Thanks

p.s.:Will try to check what went wrong within the ticket system

Yeah I figured it was because of the original method which was changed in NQ's setting. Thanks alot for fixing everything, and doing it so quickly.

Edit: But it does still say FF is on :S ??
schnoog
Hi,
it`s still unfixed, because I first implemented the change in a development version for testing.
ETSNEAK
QUOTE (schnoog @ Jan 29 2015, 11:18 PM) *
Hi,
it`s still unfixed, because I first implemented the change in a development version for testing.

okay thankyou
macbeth

can you tell to your friend(s) to stop to use my name on your server ........................
ETSNEAK

No I won't tell anyone what name to use because I have no control over that and neither do you. Also this isn't the place to take up your beef with me, use the PM system. No names belong to you, or to anyone in ET. We are all free to use whatever name we want. Besides, why should I do you any favors when you banned me from your server for defending my friends when you called them retards? :)
macbeth

all know in wf you been banned for cheating
ETSNEAK

you mean for accusations of cheating..
schnoog
BTT: should all be fixed now
TomDome
QUOTE (sneak310 @ Feb 1 2015, 06:40 AM) *
No I won't tell anyone what name to use because I have no control over that and neither do you..... No names belong to you, or to anyone in ET. We are all free to use whatever name we want....

@sneak310
If your server copies at sl registered playernames, the server will get out of ranking. So if its your server or you care about the server, it should be your job to tell people not to use this names. Just a reminding of things that happened to other servers that didnt "play fair" in the past. Your server, your rules, yes but tolerating wrong things can lead to problems.

@macbeth:
Please sort the issues not in the public forum.

@both:
If you have issues just talk on a neutral server or TS or mumble and talk it out. ET is dying quickly these days, and the best for all would be to tolerate each others "behaviour" and just shake hands and go own ways. No need that you become friends, just dont make a public forum a battlefield grin.gif

Thanks for reading.
ETSNEAK
QUOTE (TomDome @ Feb 1 2015, 10:11 AM) *
QUOTE (sneak310 @ Feb 1 2015, 06:40 AM) *
No I won't tell anyone what name to use because I have no control over that and neither do you..... No names belong to you, or to anyone in ET. We are all free to use whatever name we want....

@sneak310
If your server copies at sl registered playernames, the server will get out of ranking. So if its your server or you care about the server, it should be your job to tell people not to use this names. Just a reminding of things that happened to other servers that didnt "play fair" in the past. Your server, your rules, yes but tolerating wrong things can lead to problems.

@macbeth:
Please sort the issues not in the public forum.

@both:
If you have issues just talk on a neutral server or TS or mumble and talk it out. ET is dying quickly these days, and the best for all would be to tolerate each others "behaviour" and just shake hands and go own ways. No need that you become friends, just dont make a public forum a battlefield grin.gif

Thanks for reading.

Edit: removed the part about her server because I see it's now banned on SL too. Anyways mcbeth is a common phrase and it's strange that you want to control what player names people use in ET.

I've tried talking to her, she won't talk on TS and when she types she can barely form a coherent sentence and it's usually just insults or other nonsense. Should probably just lock this thread so she can't continue, thanks for resolving the original issue too.

*removed because her server is already banned* -- thankyou
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.