Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sl.cup - an enemy Territory Tournament by splatterladder and sl.hosting
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > NEWS - SplatterLadder > NEWS - SplatterLadder - ENGLISH -
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TomDome
Splatterladder is proud to present the first sl.cup sponsored by Splatterladder Hosting

Grab your weapons, sort your teams, get ready for som scrim action and lets make this tourney a big success for everyone.
We will offer the servers to play the matches and we will watch some of the matches live grin.gif

The 3 top placed teams will win an Enemy Territory gameserver sponsored by Splatterladder Hosting, see the details as follows.

1. price 6 months ET gameserver with 32 slots
2. price 6 months ET gameserver with 24 slots
3. price 6 months ET gameserver with 16 slots

Both the matchserver and the gameserver you can win are hosted in germany, europe.

Depending on how many teams enlist for the tournament, we will play a pre-round to find the top 8 or top 16 teams. If less than 8 teams enlist we reserve the right to cancel the tournament, but we hope this will not happen.

In the pre-round each team plays against 2 teams. Maps will be played in stopwatch mode. The Team that wins a map the shortest time earns 1 point. If no Team winds the map it counts 0.5 points for each Team.

During pre-round and elimination round each Team will choose 1 map out of the mappool.

So after the pre-round the teams with the most points earned will advance to elimination round.
In elimination round again each pair of teams will be randomly chosen by splatterladder.

But now a match is counted best of 3. that means every Team need to play 3 maps 2 times vs. another Team. One map chosen by each team and one map chosen by splatterladder. Best 4 or 8 advance to stage (semi-final or quarter-final). After the needed rounds we will have a final for 3rd and a final for 1st place.

Every Clan may enlist 1 or 2 Teams for the Tournament. We decided to limit the number of Teams per Clan to avoid having 1 big Clan winning all sponsored servers. But you dont need to be in a clan to play in the Tournament, you can also build a Team with your friends.

The Matchservers will be set up to 8 slots +1 private, so every Team has 3 players, plus 2 slot for shoutcasters. The matches will also be available on ETTV.

Every Player of every Team will need to record demo of the game so if there are any complaints during or after the match we will review the demos of the match and take necessary action. Also a screenshot after each map need to be saved by each team. If a member of a Team dont show up at the set date and time, the Team has the chance to play 2vs3 or 1vs3, if a Team dont show up the Opponent has won.

To Enlist you will need to join sl.cup on http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/uCQ6tRxqkl.

Registration is open from today, 11th of February 2015 until the 31st of March 2015.

Pre-round matches will be played from 6th of Avril till 19th of Avril, that gives everyone the chance to find a date for the matches.
Elimination Round starts from 20th till 26th of Avril, the semi-finals from 27th till 30th of Avril, the battle for 3rd on the 1st of May and the final will be played on the 2nd of May.

If you have any questions, ask them now!

Splatterladder reserves the right to exclude Teams or Teammembers for every reason. This will not be a greencard for us but will give us the right to handle the Tournament a fair way. So to make this Tournament a as fair as possible event for each and every combatant, we will exclude every cheater from it. If one player of a Team is caught, the whole Team will be excluded. We will have zero tolerance in this case.

Since this is the first time that we arrange a Tournament, there may be many things that dont work perfect. Also we dont know if we have to plan for 4 or 40 Teams to participate. We kindly ask everyone who plays in the Tourney for their feedback during and after the event so we can improve things if we ever plan to do another one in the future.

The mappool consists of:
adlernest
braundorf_b4
bremen_b2
caen
et_ice
Karsiah_te2
supply
sw_goldrush_te
sw_oasis_b3
tc_base
te_escape2

ATTENTION:
The Tournament will be hosted with 16 Teams participating. If you are too late and register at challonge as Team number 17 or later, you are not participating in the Tournament! So move quick if you want to take part.
rehhhh
http://www.tourney.cc
CS|kOoL
Hi all,

A nice teaser , a great idea , i wish that it will be a successfull event !!

cheers.gif
rehhhh
Was just connecting to the #test-server, still basic 2.60b
If you need infos setting up ETTV-match server's I'd love to help out
- -
TomDome
Thanks for the offer rehhhh, the Testserver is not setup to support ETTV but schnoog will work on it. If we encounter problems well get in contact with you. cheers.gif
Wolf Enstein
Tommy, are the teams for the tourney to be 3 v 3 and two teams only per Clan?
TomDome
That is right G, since we didnt know how many ppl or clans would be interested these are the teamsettings for this tourney.

But ofc we are happy for every feedback received during and after this tourney, so we can improve for the next grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
Okay amigo, thanks for the info, we'll get our teams sorted thanks.gif .
TomDome
Im a bit proud to announce that we have 10 enlisted teams for sl.cup at challonge already and we still have some weeks enlisting open. super.gif
{WeB}*DoG*
Yup here our team will be
{WeB}*Kariboe*
{WeB}*BoBbY*
{WeB}*DoG*

i think some of our other boys will team up will non clan members!!!

cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif
Wolf Enstein
I have to admit to being a bit confused about there tourney, lads. The 12 names you see registered already, is that teams or individual players gruebel.gif ? I know that the names of DOG, Bobster, Reaper, Kari and Marty ain't there either, but I know that they're playing.

Herr Verwechselt needs some help here, chaps help.gif depp.gif .

TomDome
They are supposed to be teams Herr Konfus grin.gif
TomDome
The Enlisting is over now. The group stage has been started on Challonge.

These are the 4 Groups with the Teams:

Group A:
nsd
stm_
VenoM32
Vesperia

Group B:
WEB2
rEhearsal
PANCAKE111
fkkt

Group C:
qwertzy_
Fragz
Terifire
hayzay

Group D:
webpaj
metla
ETF
schlomo1337

ATTENTION:
We have been told that some of the above Teams are no Teams but Players. If so, we ask you to reply here ASAP so we can add Teams that havent enlisted within the timelimit to fill up the roster. Every Account on Challonge is to be supposed a Team, not a single Player. So please reply, if you are a Team, or a single Player... After that is sorted, we will post the final rules and settings here and tell you what you have to do withing the Group stage.

rehhhh
just to be clear,
(http://challonge.com/teams/methlab)

methLab.line-up:
qwertzy_
rEhearsal
metla

schlomo1337
PANCAKE111
fkkt

Wolf Enstein
About the team names and players, in regards to our entries:

WEB2 = Bobby, Kari and Dogster

Fragz = Marty, Reaper, Gangsta

webpaj = Only Paja, not a full team.

We'll have to see what's happening, in regards to this. We'll get back to you a.s.a.p., lads.
TomDome
Thanks rehhhh and G for your replys. rehhhh i have set rEhearsal and metla as Teams, since you got them as Teamleaders in your account. G i have set you and WEB2 (Dog) as Teams, also webpaj (he still can fill up with 2 others as a fun Team).

So the actual info is as follows:

The Enlisting is over now. 2 Users who contacted us on challonge have the chance to enlist within the next two days to fill up the Teams. Both users asked us to enlist 2 Teams.

These are the 4 Groups with the Teams:
actual (non-final) roster:

Group A:
VenoM32
WEB2
stm_
rEhearsal

Group B:
hayzay
nsd
Terifire
Fragz

Group C:
metla
ETF
Vesperia
(webpaj) <-- single player, not a Team yet

Group D:
marceldk (Team norecoil)

This is not the best start of it but we look forward to solve all problems until we start the Matches from 6th of Avril.

ALL OTHER USERS / TEAMS:
Please reply here too, so we know if you are a Team or a single player. If you are a single player instead of a Team and you dont reply here, you will loose your match when playing against a Team of 3.
Also please dont report match stats before the matches are played ;)

Keep in mind that you need Punkbuster activated and a valid cdkey to join the Matchserver.
All games will be played on Matchserver 1 (148.251.46.49:21111) to 5 (148.251.46.49:21115).
TomDome
Today we received further information for the new Teams to participate in the Tourney.

Message from ANO_:
CODE
We are 6 guys in 2 teams:
Team 1 is "norecoil"  --- > Players: AoS| --Alpha-- // AoS|Grizzly // AoS|Marceldk
Team 2 is "noclip"  ----> Players: ANO // Kimi // him

Since marceldk is within one of the above Teams, we should be complete by now. I tried to set the enlisted to Teams. If you are not comfortable with the Teamnames, just reply and well correct em. This shall just give a quick info about the Teamsituation so far.

The follwing users have been removed because they were single Players: stm_ , nsd (both in Team retroGlory). Atm we have 12 Teams enlisted that seem to be real Teams...

actual (non-final) roster:

Group A:
VenoM32 (Team retroGlory)
WEB2 (Team WEB 2 Dog)
rEhearsal (Team methLab 2)

Group B:
hayzay (no Info yet)
Terifire (Team Chromic)
Fragz (Team WEB 1 G)

Group C:
metla (Team methLab 1)
ETF (Team ETF)
Vesperia (no Info yet)

Group D:
webpaj (Funteam WEB + others)
marceldk (Team 1 ANO/marcel: norecoil)
ANO_ (Team 2 ANO/marcel: noclip)

We keep enlisting open for another day if another Team likes to jump on. Tomorrow evening the Teamroster will be shuffled and the final groups will be posted here.

If you have questions, just ask them!
TomDome
So now we finally have closed the enlisting for the Tournament. The final team groups have now been identified. Due to the limited number of participants, each team must compete in the preliminary round against only 2 other teams. The 4 group winners then enter the next round. The group stage will be held from 4th to 19th of Avril. The quicker you meet for the match, the earlier we can move on to the next stage.

THESE ARE THE FINAL TEAMS:
Group A:
rEhearsal (Team methLab 2)
webpaj (Funteam WEB + others)
ETF (Team ETF)

Group B:
metla (Team methLab 1)
marceldk (Team 1 ANO/marcel: norecoil)
hayzay (no Info yet)

Group C:
WEB2 (Team WEB 2 Dog)
VenoM32 (Team retroGlory)
Terifire (Team Chromic)

Group D:
Fragz (Team WEB 1 G)
Vesperia (no Info yet)
ANO_ (Team 2 ANO/marcel: noclip)

So get in contact with each other via challonge pm system or try to get in contact within this thread if you cant get contact.You should answer contacts within 2-3 days to find a date for both teams to play the match.

THESE ARE THE RULES:
In the pre-round each team plays against 2 teams. Maps will be played in stopwatch mode. The Team that wins a map the shortest time earns 1 point. If no Team wins the map it counts 0.5 points for each Team. During pre-round and elimination round each Team will choose 1 map out of the mappool.
YOU HAVE TO SAVE A SCREENSHOT OF THE RESULT AFTER EVERY MAP. We advice you to record a demo of each playing Teammember. You need to report the score after your match on challonge. If you report invalid scores, you will be deleted of the Tournament.

If anything is not clear, ask us!
marceldk
I wrote a PM on challonge website to hayzay, dunno if they are checking pms there, so i will write here to give them this info :)

Marceldk
TomDome
Since the first teams try to get in contact with their opponents and no one answered yet, we feel the need to make one thing clear:

If you dont get any answer from your opponents, post in sl�s cup thread. If no reaction happens, you will be passed as the winning team (after some time ofc. since the group stage is held until the 19th).

Info supplied to us yet with a possible deadline:
6th marceldk tried to contact hayzay, deadline: 16th
6th ANO_ tried to contact Vesperia, deadline: 16th
9th Fragz tried to contact Vesperia, deadline: 16th

Fragz and ANO_ you are free to play your match :) Please dont forget to demo the game and take a screenshot of the final endings of the maps. Good luck guys brutale.gif
Wolf Enstein
I've sent PM's to both teams in our section, I'm just waiting for their replies, Tommy.
Wolf Enstein
ANO v Fragz is this Thursday at 9pm German time, Tommy. We chose Oasis and they chose Adlernest as their map. We've still had no reply from Vesperia.
TomDome
Great to hear m8. Looking forward to watch it :)
I guess cupserver 1?
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (TomDome @ Apr 14 2015, 01:49 PM) *
I guess cupserver 1?

Yeah, bro, this one here >>> if that's okay?
TomDome
Every cupserver is ok bro but #1 is best =)
Ill reload the cfg just before the match then.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (TomDome @ Apr 15 2015, 07:22 PM) *
Ill reload the cfg just before the match then.

Cheers amigo cheers.gif .
{WeB}*DoG*
Hey Tom
Just a short note to let you know I contacted both our opposing teams on the 6th of April but as yet have heard nothing back. Here is a screenshot to show the emails were sent

Don't know what to do next any help would be appreciated.

cheers.gif
TomDome
Hi Dog,

I think there is the same procedure as with the teams before. If no1 answers till tonight, here or there, you will be passed as the winning team.

Will try to talk with schnoog and Stoer about it but i see no other usefull strategy. Many teams just dont post anything of report scores so...
ANO
Hi mates,

Team Vesperia still didn´t reply.

But we are happy that the communication with the "fragz" teaam was very nice and we are looking forward to our match this night at 9 pm berlin time.

I wish a good game team "Fragz" !

Hugs ANO
TomDome
Hi ANO, great to hear, that at least one match is beeing played 01lol.gif

Info @all:

Info supplied to us yet with the definite deadline:
6th marceldk tried to contact hayzay, deadline: 19th
6th ANO_ tried to contact Vesperia, deadline: 19th
6th WeBDoG tried to contact Terifire, deadline: 19th
6th WeBDoG tried to contact VenoM32, deadline: 19th
9th Fragz tried to contact Vesperia, deadline: 19th

If the Teams dont reply here or on challonge before the deadline, the opponents will be passed as winner of the matches. Since the group stage ends on 19th, there is no later deadline possible.

If there will be less than 4 Teams moving on to the final stage, we reserve the right to nominate one active Team of the group stage to join the final stage.
TomDome
The first match was won by Team Noclip (ANO_) vs. Team WeB1 (Fragz).

Team Noclip is a hard target respect.gif
Wolf Enstein
The NOCLIP lads played really well, good luck to them super.gif .
ANO
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Apr 17 2015, 12:50 PM) *

Thx a lot guys !
Nice matches yesterday..
cheers.gif
Cheers ANO
FlyingdutchmaN
QUOTE (ANO @ Apr 17 2015, 11:11 AM) *
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Apr 17 2015, 12:50 PM) *

Thx a lot guys !
Nice matches yesterday..
cheers.gif
Cheers ANO

WEB2 would you guys be available to knock out our match tomorrow at some point (19th)?

Let me know what your schedules looks like.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (FlyingdutchmaN @ Apr 18 2015, 06:39 PM) *
.....WEB2 would you guys be available to knock out our match tomorrow at some point (19th)?

Here's their available times here, Dutch, it may indeed be posssible: http://webclan.freeforums.org/splatterladd...t-t2665-30.html cheers.gif
{WeB}*Brotz!*
ZITAT(FlyingdutchmaN @ Apr 18 2015, 04:39 PM) *
WEB2 would you guys be available to knock out our match tomorrow at some point (19th)?

Hey DutchmaN,

think we should meet us at 08:30 pm (german time) on the server.
IP is 148.251.46.49:21111???
Hope the other two guys will be there and the time fit for you and your mates.

Greetz
Brotz
TomDome
Rehearsal and methla might be unavailable rehhhh told me.

If ETF and WeB Funteam play tonight, please precise the time so i can join to watch ;)

The points for missed matches will be set tomorrow evening. We will then inform you how the final stage works.
TomDome
Hmm 9.05 pm and yet no1 on the cupserver so i guess the match will not happen to be played?
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (TomDome @ Apr 19 2015, 10:05 PM) *
Hmm 9.05 pm and yet no1 on the cupserver so i guess the match will not happen to be played?

Yeah, sorry Tommy, our lads never got a reply from the ETF squad, so it looks like we'll be arranging this on another day, but very soon.
TomDome
Ladies and Gentlemen,

due to actual events with non-playing teams we decided to change the Tournament into a single stage Tournament with the 6 active teams that at least tried to play their matches.

The group stage will be open for another 3 weeks until saturday, the 9th of May. That should give every team the time to play against the other five participating teams. We will reset the result of the only played match yet, and hope this will be no issue for everyone ;).

Have fun and earn your ET gameserver sponsored by SL & splatterladder hosting.
Wolf Enstein
So, Tommy, the 6 teams in the tournament simply play each other once? After that, the scores from each frag are tallied up and then what? The 4 top scoring teams progress to the semi-finals?
TomDome
The 6 teams will play vs. Each team. The 3 teams with the most points will then win directly. There will be no more final stage.

If teams have earned the same amounts of points, the team with most wins is placed higher directly within challonge.

If you or the other participating teams dont like this setting, we are open to discuss it. But that means every team need to discuss about it.
Wolf Enstein
Thanks for clarifying that, Tommy thanks.gif . The set up seems fine to me, I'll let all of our participating players know about the new changes super.gif .
ANO
@ Team Fragz

i sent you a message few days ago from SL Challonge site. May be sth went wrong so i will copy it here on forum mates:

Hey mates !

Let´s agree on a date for our (second) first match xD

I think we should make it like the last time.. all worked fine with it:

1.) Fri, 24.04. --> 9 pm (berlin time)
2.) Sat, 25.04. --> 9 pm
3.) Sun, 26.04. --> 9 pm

I hope one of that 3 dates is ok for you guys.

Cheers ANO
Wolf Enstein
Hi ANO bro,

We are re-organising right now to get all our matches in the tournament sorted. We will contact you soon, thanks for your posts cheers.gif .

ANO
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Apr 23 2015, 07:20 PM) *
Hi ANO bro,

We are re-organising right now to get all our matches in the tournament sorted. We will contact you soon, thanks for your posts cheers.gif .

May be it will be easier for everyone when we contact the opponents round by round..and not to try fix the dates at once for all 5 matches.

Here the matches in round 1: http://challonge.com/sl_cup_1

+ ANO vs Fragz
+ ETF vds Webpaj
+ Marceldk vs Web2

When round 1 is complete, we can contact the next opponents from next round.

But its only a suggestion of course xD

Hugs ANO
marceldk
Guys, Marceldk fro team norecoil here, write me a pm with 2 or 3 days you could play against us!

Marceldk
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (ANO @ Apr 25 2015, 06:09 PM) *
Here the matches in round 1: http://challonge.com/sl_cup_1

I never knew anything about this, ANO, I haven't been visiting the Challonge website because I've been trying to organise our own matches first. Anyway, this changes things, I'll contact you soon.
{AR}boogie666
ochje :) gl & keep gaming

schade dass viele immer abspringen, den anderern noch viel spass beim cup
ANO
@ALL participants

Mates, this is the 3 rd time, that we start the tournament new.

Last restart was on April 20th.and we all had almost 3 weeks to play 5 matches. That is more than enough time. Now we only have 10 days left and no match was played yet.

I have little doubts about that there are really 6 active teams.. Imo we are only 3 or 4.
Please reply here, if your team is still active. So we can agree fast on a date here on forum.

We can play almost every evening between 8 and 10 pm (berlin time)

Cheers ANO

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.