Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Siwa Teuthonia
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
-|D|-Ray
Teuthis from TWT has released a new map. cheers.gif

Background of the Teuthonia maps:
Siwa_Teuthonia is directly connected to the already released map Teuthonia and plays right before Teuthonia. The Teuthonia maps are finally supposed to be a trilogy with Siwa_teuthonia being the first map, Teuthonia the second map and the third map will be called Port_Teuthonia. So one big story going over three maps.

Map Download

More screenshots and info @ splashdamage
Cheers
Ray
Wolf Enstein
Looks good, we'll give it a test run, I hope it plays better than his "Teuthonia" map.
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Apr 14 2015, 03:14 PM) *
Looks good, we'll give it a test run, I hope it plays better than his "Teuthonia" map.

don't forget to have our hunkmegs et at least to 128 or boom cheers.gif
Teuthis
Teuthonia has been played 20.000 times and I haven't received Problems apart from those People who played around with the pk3. Note that some mods are Buggy and Show Problems that are only connected to a bug in he mod but not the map. Accordingly, some mods don't Support all original texture and shader files for example. There was a mod specific bug with e.g. the mine flags which disappeared when the map was running on another mod.

No offense but you Need to Keep in mind that making a map takes hundrets of hours and blaming the map for a mod Problem is friendly said a way to make People stop making new maps.

an easy way to find out whether the map or the mod is the cause of a Problem you can start the map offline under the original mod. If you have no Problems there and if you didn't Change the pk3 then the Problem is the mod, not the map.

I am always open to fix bugs but I can only Change a map not a mod. And as I said the map doesn't cause Problems neither for me nor for the People that actively participated in reporting their experience with the map.

I always give People thecance to test a map before the release but the willingness of the community to improve a product is very low. I can't test the gameplay myself obviously and if People don't wanna test the map it sounds interesting to hear complaints later on.

No offense please but People should more acknowledge the work People invest here for free to give others something to Play. We have not many mapping People left and this way more People will stop making maps.
Wolf Enstein
I only pointed out what we experienced with your first map, Teuthis. About 50% of the time, when you put the gold onto the truck, the truck would never move and the map had to be skipped. Secondly, on the occasion when the truck did move with the gold on it, when it reached the truck barrier, which had been constructed, it drove right through it. Third, the Axis second spawn is too close to the bank, in our opinion.

I know how long it takes to make a map, Teuthis, your efforts are appreciated by us all, but we'll still tell you what we think about your map, regardless. We never touched your pk3 contents, we have server scripts that can alter them without opening them, in respects to removing textures we just don't like, e.g., maps covered in sand or snow.
Teuthis
Uhhh, that's your problem? What you report indicates that the script is not working properly. Strangely This is the first time I hear this and neither I nor anyone else I talked to experienced this problem. I understand your frustration but The fact that the map is frequently played and no errors are reported so far speaks for that the issue is not the map I released. I tested the map 100x and had never such issues. You tried to delete the pk3 and reinstall?

If anyone else had similiar problems on other servers please let me know.

I would never have released a map where the truck don't move or where the barriers don't work. You mention that you interfered with the script. Maybe that's the issue (but that's just gut feeling).

As to the axis spawn. The distance to the bank is very similar to goldrush. Maybe not 100% optimal but man, this was my first map ;)

A last thing. When you run the map and the truck doesn't move this means that the corresponding script part is not executed. In this case you should get a hell of error messages when you bring down the console. Can you please post a screenshot of those so that I can exactly what entities are messed up under your settings.

Anyone else having problems on other servers?

Thanks for the report btw.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Apr 16 2015, 01:55 PM) *
You tried to delete the pk3 and reinstall?

No. We should have tried that.

The distance to the bank is very similar to goldrush. Maybe not 100% optimal but man, this was my first map ;)

You know, Teuthis, on second thoughts, with the new Allied CP spawn created, the location of the second Axis spawn may not even be an issue. You're correct about the Goldrush distance too.

A last thing. When you run the map and the truck doesn't move this means that the corresponding script part is not executed. In this case you should get a hell of error messages when you bring down the console. Can you please post a screenshot of those so that I can exactly what entities are messed up under your settings.

Leave it with us, we'll test it again and get back to you with the results. By the way, your new map, "Siwa Teuthonia", seems to be running very well on this server:

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=612618
Teuthis
Gglad to hear that. If there is really something that can/has to be improved in teuthonia I'm happy to do that. But as you mentioned correctly, we first need to get to the bottom of the problem.

Appreciate the feedback
Matéos
Strange that so much would skip... Does your server has a lot of Lua or other scripts running at once? It may skip a frame or two from the map?
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Matéos @ Apr 16 2015, 09:29 PM) *
......................Does your server has a lot of Lua or other scripts running at once?

We have scripts for removing all snow and sand from maps, Mateos, we also have all the usual custom command post, landmine, construction unit flag and player skins too. Dog would have to tell you what else we have, as he's our server Admin.
$mart
Hi all, do you know if exist omni-bots files for this second map of the Trilogy please ?
Teuthis
Unfortunately no waypoint file yet available. Couldn't find a waypointer Willing to do it so far. If someone can do it that Would be awesome.
Wolf Enstein
I've read on other websites about server Admins whinning about the hunkmegs issue with maps like this. Our server uses big maps like this as a rule and if some players refuse to modernise their config in order to accomodate such maps and end up getting kicked from the server, well, it's their own stupid fault.

As for server Admins who remove these modern maps from their servers, just to keep whinning noobs happy, you really are a bunch of clowns.
[UJE]Niek
I quickly made some waypoints for this map ,they are not excelent but they will do to have fun.
www.ujeclan.com/redirect/waypoints/siwa_teuthonia_waypoints.zip
Have fun
Teuthis
Thanks @ Niek for the waypoints. Your work is highly appreciated.

@ganster. I Generally fully agree with you and assume that 90% of the player have their hunkmegs Set to 128. we are now more than a Decade Playing this game and we have learned how to make Maps better, both in graphic Terms (blending, Phong shading) as well as scripting (See objectives of this map). All this has a Price, which is that more Memory is needed and that the BSP file size increases.

Whereas I Refuse to Cut Quality by any means, I will do my best to optimize the Memory usage. I received some valuable comments and will do my best to optimize the Map. But: i want Feedback on gameplay because i do Not want multiple Versions of this map flying around. I will Collect thoughts from the Community and then I will see what I can do to make all Parties happy without lowering the Quality of the appearance of the Map.

Thanks for participating in this Discussion. It's Important for me to get Feedback and I know that criticism is Not a lack of sympathy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.