Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Days of War News and updates
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
Pages: 1, 2
Wolf Enstein
This is a new video from the Days of War Devteam on how to create our own custom maps using the mapping and modding tools they will supply the DoW Community with. Here's what they had to say about this feature coffeenews.gif :

"We haven’t given you too much detail on what we’ve meant by player driven content yet. As game developers, we love building things. We know other people love to build things too. But game development and modding have been traditionally reserved for the select few with the skills to code, create digital art, and navigate themselves around a game engine.

We’ve seen our friend’s imaginations go wild in the Fallout 4 base builder – building massive and detailed structures just for the fun of it. But that made us a little sad. After putting in all that hard work into building a base, all you can really do is stand back and admire it. But a base is meant to be attacked and a base is meant to be defended. So we thought, “what if we make building as easy as Fallout 4, then give you the ability to share your creations and play them with your friends?”

And that brings us to the Days of War map builder. Build your own playable maps, right in the game, using a robust, but easy to learn editor. No downloading UE4 or extra tools, just hop right in and start playing with our WWII lego set. And you don't need to do it alone. You and a friend, or your entire clan can all hop into one server and work together to make something even greater.

Below you can find an early preview of how this is going to work, and how easy it is to get started. We are going to make sure the best creations from you get featured to the community at large. And if you want to build something crazy just to have fun with your friends on a private server, be our guest." - DoW Devteam

Compare that to using GTK Radiant, folks grin.gif .
Nico'x
Nice! :)
StoerFaktoR
Reminds me to Minecraft ^^
The idea is good but i believe i'm much faster with UnrealEngine , GTKRadiant or CryEngine <-- used in recent weeks. It makes a lot of fun :)
and i think there are not so many possibilities in a sandbox-editor as in a real editor :/
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Mar 10 2016, 08:50 AM) *
The idea is good but i believe i'm much faster with UnrealEngine.......

Check this out, Stoer, multiplayer map construction, all working on the same map at the same time arbeit.gif :

QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Mar 10 2016, 08:50 AM) *
...........i think there are not so many possibilities in a sandbox-editor as in a real editor :/

Wolf ET map-maker, iWound, who created the superb, "Castle Attack", has been talking with the Days of War Devteam about their editor, bro. Here's a link to the thread on their kickstarter page. Scroll down to read their conversation:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/driven...r/posts/1509381 cheers.gif

And here's a link to iWound's "Castle Attack" map info, if anyone hasn't played it, try it, it's excellent grin.gif :

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=5018 super.gif
StoerFaktoR
Looks nice....

if i really buy this game i know i will never play , i just create maps grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Mar 10 2016, 05:12 PM) *
......if i really buy this game i know i will never play , i just create maps grin.gif

After watching those superb Unreal 4 videos, Stoer, I think there will be many players doing the same grin.gif .
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Mar 10 2016, 08:20 PM) *
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Mar 10 2016, 05:12 PM) *
......if i really buy this game i know i will never play , i just create maps grin.gif

After watching those superb Unreal 4 videos, Stoer, I think there will be many players doing the same grin.gif .

i agree Bill
macbeth

just curious but for ET to can play this game you dont need a computer up to date and guys can still play for somes with old computer but what did we need to can play Days of War ?
* Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
* 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
* Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
* 128 MB RAM
* 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
* Microsoft® DirectX® 8.1 or higher (not included)
* 271 MB free hard disk space for game files
* 500 MB free hard disk space for swap files
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
* For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection.
StoerFaktoR
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 11 2016, 03:12 PM) *
just curious but for ET to can play this game you dont need a computer up to date and guys can still play for somes with old computer but what did we need to can play Days of War ?
* Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
* 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
* Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
* 128 MB RAM
* 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
* Microsoft® DirectX® 8.1 or higher (not included)
* 271 MB free hard disk space for game files
* 500 MB free hard disk space for swap files
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
* 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
* For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection.

Unreal Engine 4 needs a bit more

Recommended Hardware

Desktop PC or Mac
Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
8 GB RAM

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 11 2016, 05:12 PM) *

There's been no official announced regarding minimum or recommended system requirements yet that I can find, Kate. However, the game runs on the Unreal 4 engine and the system requirements the Unreal 4 engine needs are:

- a desktop PC with Windows 7 64-bit or a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later

- 8 GB RAM

- a quad-core Intel or AMD processor

- a DX11 compatible video card

I hope this helps nicken.gif .

Damn, I was replying to this thread but the Stoermei$ter beat me to it gruebel.gif .

grin.gif
StoerFaktoR
ZITAT({WeB}GANG$TA @ Mar 11 2016, 04:22 PM) *
ZITAT(macbeth @ Mar 11 2016, 05:12 PM) *

There's been no official announced regarding minimum or recommended system requirements yet that I can find, Kate. However, the game runs on the Unreal 4 engine and the system requirements the Unreal 4 engine needs are:

- a desktop PC with Windows 7 64-bit or a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later

- 8 GB RAM

- a quad-core Intel or AMD processor

- a DX11 compatible video card

I hope this helps nicken.gif .

Damn, I was replying to this thread but the Stoermei$ter beat me to it gruebel.gif .

grin.gif

grin.gif
macbeth
i contacted Berzerkr yesterday our old wolfmap friend , lets hope he will come with us cheers.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 12 2016, 09:38 AM) *
i contacted Berzerkr yesterday our old wolfmap friend , lets hope he will come with us cheers.gif

It would be nice to see him back, Kate super.gif .

OFF-TOPIC

Does anyone have any info or preferences regarding using GPU or the new APU technologies? Here's a link to an article I was reading about APU, (Accelerated Processing Unit), technology help.gif :

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/apu-technology-explained/ coffeenews.gif

Any help or advice would be appreciated, folks. At this point I don't know what to do gruebel.gif .
macbeth

i am not an expert at all with all that

i have
nvidia geForce GTX 950

processor intel core ™ i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz

but sure somes will help you
Nico'x
You are talking about your computers?
macbeth
QUOTE (Nico'x @ Mar 12 2016, 05:50 PM) *

just a lil
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Nico'x @ Mar 12 2016, 06:50 PM) *

We're talking about what computer specifications we will need to have, in order to run "Battalion 1944" and "Days of War", Nico. Also, what is best to use, APU or GPU technology gruebel.gif .
macbeth
last update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/driven...ar-early-access

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 15 2016, 10:34 AM) *

Here's the latest video update too, Kate brutale.gif :

flak.gif
StoerFaktoR
looks like Day of Defeat Source with better grafix
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Mar 15 2016, 05:25 PM) *
looks like Day of Defeat Source with better grafix

I was just talking to Sage about that very subject, Stoer bro grin.gif :

http://webclan.freeforums.org/days-of-war-videos-t3376.html coffeenews.gif
StoerFaktoR
I was just talking to Sage about that very subject, Stoer bro grin.gif :

grin.gif

I love DODS , but we're not enough players too play this game sadd.gif
Hope with days-of-war better times will come and the guys from DoW will do a better job as Electronic Farts (Shice) or Infinity Fart
I give a fuck of the modern warfare shit like COD or Battlefield.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Mar 15 2016, 06:43 PM) *
Hope with days-of-war better times will come and the guys from DoW will do a better job as Electronic Farts (Shice) or Infinity Fart
I give a fuck of the modern warfare shit like COD or Battlefield.

super.gif
macbeth
youpieeee!!!!!

contributeurs
21 641 $
sur 20 000 $
jours restants

i got an email this evening
Wolf Enstein

super.gif grin.gif
macbeth
http://enemyterritory-stuff.net/forums/top...ts/#comment-888

last infos
Wolf Enstein
I posted in the ETS forums, Kate cheers.gif .
macbeth
contributeurs
27 309 $
sur 20 000 $
jours restants cheers.gif

http://enemyterritory-stuff.net/forums/top...ts/#comment-897
macbeth
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 17 2016, 10:12 AM) *
contributeurs
27 309 $
sur 20 000 $
jours restants cheers.gif

http://enemyterritory-stuff.net/forums/top...ts/#comment-897

@Bill we are good to go 10 + 5 are full Watch you site
Wolf Enstein
I sent Dogster a text there, Kate, I'll update you with any new info that I get from him cheers.gif .
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Mar 17 2016, 03:22 PM) *
I sent Dogster a text there, Kate, I'll update you with any new info that I get from him cheers.gif .

their forum : http://forums.playdaysofwar.com/ names ring a bell here grin.gif

http://enemyterritory-stuff.net/forums/topic/419-dow-news/
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 19 2016, 03:00 PM) *
......their forum : http://forums.playdaysofwar.com/ names ring a bell here grin.gif

Yeah, Kate, there's a large Wolf ET crew already in place over at Days of War friends.gif .
macbeth
547 backers
$31,399 pledged of $20,000 goal
12 days to go
Wolf Enstein
Another video now from "Days of War", this time highlighting the "kill cam" view flak.gif :

Wolf Enstein
Two more videos this time. The first is a "Dev update" presentation, highlighting the abilty of being able to pick up nades and throw them. There's also a nice demo of the British Sten Gun in action super.gif :

A new video from Westi that will interest all Wolf ET players, modders and map-makers. Westi discusses player classes, the weapons they will use, adding vehicles to maps and helping the "Days of War" mapping and modding community in the creation of new custom-made content brutale.gif :

Wolf Enstein
"Days of War" has now reached the $60.000 stretch goal, which means Soviets will now be added to the game. The kickstarter is over and we head towards the alpha testing, to take place later this month grin.gif .

Here's another video from Westie, this time displaying the different weapons that we'll be able to use in combat, playing as different classes brutale.gif :

Here's a "sneak peek" of something lurking in the shadows...... whistling.gif ......... brutale.gif .......

grin.gif
macbeth

http://enemyterritory-stuff.net/forums/top...pha-successful/

CAMPAIGN SUCCESSFUL!
We are charging toward early access with a functional alpha prototype, over $100k in budget, and a whole boatload of energy thanks to all of your support and enthusiasm.

We couldn't ask for a better group of backers. We will continue to thank you throughout our development process, but at this critical juncture we want to make sure you know how grateful we are for your support. Thank you.

If you know anyone who missed the Kickstarter deadline, or can only pay by paypal, send them over to www.playdaysofwar.com All exclusive kickstarter rewards will be available there until April 8th.

After beating two stretch goals we will have both the British and Russians joining the Americans and Germans. Opening up the possibility for the eastern front and other great historical battles. Get ready for the Lee-Enfield (my personal favorite) and Mosin-Nagant rifles!

We know you are all itching to get in the game, demonstrated by the many messages in our inboxes this morning asking when keys will ship out. So here's our official announcement:

Friday, April 29th. Alpha begins!
However! A few things need to happen before that.

First, If you received an email from Kickstarter saying your card was declined, you have 7 days to try again. You will not receive any rewards if you don't pay up!

Next thing - as of now we have none of your information. We will create a survey that you will receive from Kickstarter. This survey will ask you all the information we require to give you your rewards. MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS CORRECT as that is the primary method for delivery and communication! This survey will go out the week of April 11th, so check your inboxes.

If you haven't made an account yet, head over to our forums. You will need to provide your forum name in the survey so we know who our backers are and which forums to give you access to.

Before gaining access, all Alpha/Beta testers will be required to agree to an Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). If you choose to violate this NDA you will be banned from Days of War. We are not joking around here. We want to ensure Days of War is as successful as possible so it will be more fun for all of us. This requires that we are able to control how and whenpeople see Days of War while it is still in development. Understand that as testers, you are a vital part of this game's development. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and it will shape our game over the next few months.

For those of you not in the testing stages, we will continue to post Development Updates here and on the forums, so you can see the progress we are making. We also want to hear your feedback as well (preferably through the backers only section on the forum).

If you have any questions or concerns contact us here: Contact@drivenarts.com

See you in game soon.

-Lee

Wolf Enstein
There's now only 4 days left to obtain the chance of becoming an "alpha-test" backer for Days of War. The "alpha" tests begin later this month.

If you're German, or some other type of sensible person who won't user credit cards either, there's now a "Paypal" option that you can use. Here's a link grin.gif :

http://www.drivenarts.com/dow.html brutale.gif
Wolf Enstein
Another new video from Westi talking about everything from the "closed alpha" tests for "Days of War", which begin on Friday the 29th of this month, to the inclusion of the British "red devil" Paratroopers with their famous bren guns grin.gif .

Enjoy the video cheers.gif :

brutale.gif
{WeB}*DoG*
I know this is more about mapping....but modding is something we know will happen a lad at DOW has proposed this!! I wasn't keen on it but after I saw him being attacked by idiots for even suggesting the idea i decided i wanted to help him if I could this was his original post:

I decided to start a mod that will be based in the pacific theater. I would like to gather a team to begin the process of cranking out assets and getting them into UE4. We should have room for people of all skill level but would prefer if you were familiar with standard workflow such as: Subdivision Modeling, PBR texturing, and importing assets into Unreal. I'm also going to create a thread on Polycount in a few days depending on the response we get here.

This mod will be a nice change of pace for anyone who is used to working on games from the ground up. We have the fortune of piggy backing Days of War for American assets, so all we really have to create are Japanese weapons, vehicles, buildings, ect. I've actually worked on a project like this for company of heroes back in the day. Anyways, we will hold any artwork to a high standard and will be creating a lot of work that can serve as portfolio pieces if you're an artist looking to get into the industry.

Please PM me if you're interested!

Artists:
- Smooth

this is a link to the DOW forum

http://forums.playdaysofwar.com/

Unsurprisingly if any of you have visited that forum he has been hammered by trolls for daring to suggest the idea or even asking for help... I post this here simply because if there are any of you interested in helping him jump over to the DOW forum and give him a hand!

macbeth

Days of War FAQ
04-05-2016, 06:11 PM

Since we don't have an official FAQ's page I decided to put together a small unofficial FAQ's page. If you think of something that I haven't added, leave a reply and I'll add it to the list.

I purchased Days of War and haven't received my key yet:
DrivenArts will be sending out a survey the week of the 11th to get information from all the people who backed the Kickstarter and Paypal option. Survey emails have gone out to everyone who backed the project in the kickstarter or with paypal.
Game keys will be sent out sometime prior to release (They will most likely be sent on the 28th or 29th). Game keys were NOT sent out with the email that went out the week of the 11th.
Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects..&...;/posts/1536439

When will we get access to the alpha, beta, early access and final release:
Alpha - April 29th 2016
Beta - June 2016
Early Access - August 2016
Final Release - December 2016
Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r-early-access

Will we be able to preload the alpha?
No. Once you get your key, you will be able to download the game.
Source: Discord - http://i.imgur.com/jt2Uje5.png

What are the System Requirements for Days of War:
There are no minimal specs yet but here is a quote from one of the developers.

I hate giving non-answers. But we are still optimizing, so its hard to draw the line on a minimum spec yet. I'd look to similar shooters in UE4 like Squad as a benchmark. We will release some performance metrics in a few weeks once we've done some more extensive testing.
Source: http://forums.playdaysofwar.com/foru...m-requirements

Will Days of War have a NDA:
Yes, but we do not currently know what you can and can not show. See below.

What happens if I violate the NDA:
You will be banned permanently from DoW. Full quote below.

Before gaining access, all Alpha/Beta testers will be required to agree to an Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). If you choose to violate this NDA you will be banned from Days of War. We are not joking around here. We want to ensure Days of War is as successful as possible so it will be more fun for all of us. This requires that we are able to control how and when people see Days of War while it is still in development. Understand that as testers, you are a vital part of this game's development. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and it will shape our game over the next few months.

When will Days of War be released on consoles:
Console release will be sometime in 2017 for Xbox One and PS4
Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ss/description

Will I be able to host my own servers:
Yes, see next question.

Will I be able to create new Gamemodes and Maps:
Yes, the developers have stated that they want a vibrant modding community.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCzAiBDOmFg

Days of War Steam Greenlight page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.....;/?id=633799024

Days of War Social Media:
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...l5S7PyO3ozxseQ
Twitter - https://twitter.com/playdaysofwar
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/playdaysofwar

What engine does Days of War use:
Unreal Engine 4 - https://www.unrealengine.com/

Discord link:
BigJay created a Discord for us! You can join by clicking this link - https://discord.gg/0rJegGGMYNIYKm5X
Source: http://forums.playdaysofwar.com/foru...discord-server

Wolf Enstein
Nice post, Kate, some very handy info there. Take some advice, though, folks in general, do NOT join that "Discord" channel that's advertised there, it's NOT an official "Days of War" channel. It's populated by trolls and morons and should be avoided at all costs grin.gif .
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Apr 25 2016, 01:01 PM) *
Nice post, Kate, some very handy info there. Take some advice, though, folks in general, do NOT join that "Discord" channel that's advertised there, it's NOT an official "Days of War" channel. It's populated by trolls and morons and should be avoided at all costs grin.gif .

always buffons around for any game.... see for ET ..........

4 days to wait and hello DoW
{WeB}*DoG*
The FAQ was created originally by one of the cool guys over there and there are a good few. Turner made the FAQ as driven arts since the initial posts have been conspicuous by there absence . Posts by Switz shotgunrcaf turner mosher ninjak and reiser are always worth a look as they seem to genuinely want the best for the game. SWITZ has done an a amazing job knocking up a list of clans, playing styles and websites which will in the future be a great help identifying servers you would want to play on.
Anyhow it's a few days before we get to test I suggest we report back here so the ET community can get a picture of what this new fame is going to be like. Sadly because of a very strict NDA we will not be able to post screenshots or videos during the alpha.

Ps hope you don't mind Herr G but I have edited your original post and renamed the thread as this now seems to be the DOW UPDATES rather than just mapping......

cheers.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Apr 25 2016, 04:47 PM) *
Ps hope you don't mind Herr G but I have edited your original post and renamed the thread as this now seems to be the DOW UPDATES rather than just mapping......
cheers.gif

super.gif
-|D|-Ray
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Apr 25 2016, 04:47 PM) *
The FAQ was created originally by one of the cool guys over there and there are a good few. Turner made the FAQ as driven arts since the initial posts have been conspicuous by there absence . Posts by Switz shotgunrcaf turner mosher ninjak and reiser are always worth a look as they seem to genuinely want the best for the game. SWITZ has done an a amazing job knocking up a list of clans, playing styles and websites which will in the future be a great help identifying servers you would want to play on.
Anyhow it's a few days before we get to test I suggest we report back here so the ET community can get a picture of what this new fame is going to be like. Sadly because of a very strict NDA we will not be able to post screenshots or videos during the alpha.

cheers.gif

Good topic here guys. :)
Only a few days left as said. cheers.gif
{WeB}*DoG*

Just found this exciting vid for prospective mappers
Wolf Enstein
A very quick and very impressive map importation method for the Unreal 4 engine, more info on the new plugin HERE coffeenews.gif .
macbeth
from what i read on their forum a guy got his key yesterday
Wolf Enstein
I was playing it last night, Kate, I'll talk to you about this more in private, due to the N.D.A., (non-disclosure agreement), being in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.