[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
ETc|Jay
they released sourcecode of jaymod

https://jaymod.clanfu.org/
macbeth
QUOTE (ETc|Jay @ May 24 2016, 11:46 PM) *

thanks but dunno if somes will rework this mod ....
CS|kOoL
QUOTE (ETc|Jay @ May 24 2016, 11:46 PM) *

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing.

In all cases i think it is a good new for 'ET' , for sure it can interrest some one because if u look back how 'silent mod' is born...his basis is 'etpub' respect.gif who predicted that super.gif
Wolf Enstein
Yep, you never know what might be created from the source code, just as you say, Koolster. Thanks for the info, Jay cheers.gif .
TomDome
Coming what...? 6 years too late?

What does someone expect if he releases a source code of a dead mod?
There are like close to zero active coders left for ET, at least compared to the active ones if you look 5 or 6 years back.

I loved jaymod, it was THE ET mod for me over years, starting with dunno 0.8 when i first played it??
Found a server home at some vikings just started with jaymod and sticked to it on my own servers until the security problems and hacks made it impossible to keep it up alone.

Releasing a source is always something that can turn into a 2nd life for something but for jaymod i dont think it will change anything at all.
Dragon!
Way too late. Nowadays this source is kind of useless.
jaybird
QUOTE (TomDome @ May 26 2016, 02:03 PM) *
Coming what...? 6 years too late?

What does someone expect if he releases a source code of a dead mod?
There are like close to zero active coders left for ET, at least compared to the active ones if you look 5 or 6 years back.

I loved jaymod, it was THE ET mod for me over years, starting with dunno 0.8 when i first played it??
Found a server home at some vikings just started with jaymod and sticked to it on my own servers until the security problems and hacks made it impossible to keep it up alone.

Releasing a source is always something that can turn into a 2nd life for something but for jaymod i dont think it will change anything at all.

QUOTE (Dragon! @ May 29 2016, 04:54 AM) *
Way too late. Nowadays this source is kind of useless.

I hoped I could release it earlier than now, but alas, it wasn't to be. I'm just glad I can finally do so. I know it's a bit late in the game, but it's out and I just hope someone can find something useful in the codebase.

I've obviously moved on (this game is what, 12 years old now?), but I have learned a lesson. I write and make public a few applications/libraries for various things that have a small following (nothing near as large as this mod had), and all of those projects are open sourced under Apache 2.0.

Anyway, whether the release makes a difference or not, enjoy!
macbeth
thanks for all you did for ET Jaybird and it is with guys like you we can still play this game
Wolf Enstein
Thanks for all your hard work over the years for our Wolfenstein Community, Jaybird, it will always be remembered and appreciated cheers.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.