Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ET:L Gameversion
[splatterladder] Board > --:: SplatterLadder ::-- > [splatterladder] - Support
keMoN
Hello,

I would like to request the implementation of new entries in the Gameversions tab of the Server Tracker for ET: Legacy.
Additionally to ET 2.55, ET 2.56 and ET 2.60, the entry ET:L 2.75 and for coming releases respectively.

Thank you
Nico'x
QUOTE (keMoN @ Dec 2 2016, 12:07 PM) *
Hello,

I would like to request the implementation of new entries in the Gameversions tab of the Server Tracker for ET: Legacy.
Additionally to ET 2.55, ET 2.56 and ET 2.60, the entry ET:L 2.75 and for coming releases respectively.

Thank you

Hey,

What is this about?

Cheers,
Nico
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (keMoN @ Dec 2 2016, 01:07 PM) *

I see what you mean, KeMon. Just now, we have this registered as "ET 2.60" in the "Game" section of the server description:

ET: Legacy is then described as being a modification, further along the line. Stoer or Schnoog will be able to help you with this, better than I can, bro.
keMoN
QUOTE (Nico'x @ Dec 2 2016, 02:19 PM) *
What is this about?

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Dec 2 2016, 03:03 PM) *
I see what you mean, KeMon. Just now, we have this registered as "ET 2.60" in the "Game" section of the server description:
[...]
ET: Legacy is then described as being a modification, further along the line. Stoer or Schnoog will be able to help you with this, better than I can, bro.

I know this naming isn't perfect, but there is ET: Legacy, which is the Gameversion and then there is legacy (with a small 'L' and often used with the suffix 'mod') which is a custom mod we are also working on.
We are also working on legacy mod mainly because ETPro is not in development anymore and not open-source, which means that we can't support it with our Gameversion/engine ET: Legacy.
Since the competitive scene pretty much left ET, we are trying to revive it with legacy mod, because it is one of the two community pillars of every multiplayer game. We can't revive the competitive scene with something that we can't support, so we started legacy mod which can act as the successor to ETPro and even provide more functionality. This functionality is not going towards 'fun-mods' in any way and is part of the mod. We don't want to bloat the engine with functionality that is responsibility of the mod, because that would be a dirty approach.

Thank you for implementing the legacy modification filter.
The problem with having ET: Legacy as a modification filter though, is that a server running on the ET: Legacy Gameversion/engine does not necessarily run legacy mod. It can very well be running NoQuarter or any other supported mod.

Let's wait what schnoog and Stoefaktor think about this :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.