Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: .pk3 file in the etmain folder is not downloaded
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers
$hooter
Hi everybody!

I have created a custom .pk3 file and placed it in the etmain folder containing a custom menu.
This file is not downloaded when clients connecting to the server.

All other maps etc. are easily downloaded. I allready used different names for the .pk3 file. If i place the file manually in my client folder, the file will load without any problems.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

----

Hallo zusammen!

Ich habe eine eigene .pk3 Datei erstellt und diese in den etmain Ordner von meinem Server geladen. Die Datei enthält ein angepasstes Menü usw.
Diese Datei wird allerdings nicht von den Clients heruntergeladen, wenn sie auf den Server connecten.

Alle anderen Maps usw. werden beim connecten auf den Server ohne Probleme aus dem etmain Ordner heruntergeladen. Ich habebe bereits mehrere Dateinamen ausprobiert und die .pk3 Datei von Hand in meinen eigenen etmain Ordner kopiert. Dann lädt das Menü ohne Probleme.

Hat jemand eine Idee, wo das Problem liegen könnte?
-|D|-Ray
QUOTE ($hooter @ Jan 15 2017, 01:34 PM) *
Hi everybody!

I have created a custom .pk3 file and placed it in the etmain folder containing a custom menu.
This file is not downloaded when clients connecting to the server.

All other maps etc. are easily downloaded. I allready used different names for the .pk3 file. If i place the file manually in my client folder, the file will load without any problems.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

----

Hallo zusammen!

Ich habe eine eigene .pk3 Datei erstellt und diese in den etmain Ordner von meinem Server geladen. Die Datei enthält ein angepasstes Menü usw.
Diese Datei wird allerdings nicht von den Clients heruntergeladen, wenn sie auf den Server connecten.

Alle anderen Maps usw. werden beim connecten auf den Server ohne Probleme aus dem etmain Ordner heruntergeladen. Ich habebe bereits mehrere Dateinamen ausprobiert und die .pk3 Datei von Hand in meinen eigenen etmain Ordner kopiert. Dann lädt das Menü ohne Probleme.

Hat jemand eine Idee, wo das Problem liegen könnte?

Do you have a redirect for the clients to download or do they download from the server? Whats the name on the pk3 file?
$hooter
Yes i use a fastdownload server.

The file is called "eg_main.pk3" and is located in the etmain folder as well as in the fastdownload folder, which are also all maps are downloaded without problems.
StoerFaktoR
QUOTE ($hooter @ Jan 15 2017, 03:36 PM) *
Yes i use a fastdownload server.

The file is called "eg_main.pk3" and is located in the etmain folder as well as in the fastdownload folder, which are also all maps are downloaded without problems.

//Edit: The Gameserver IP where the file is located atm is eg-team.de:27980

Hallo $hooter ,
Verschiebe die pk3 in deinen Modordner (nq, nitmod oder slient)
dann sollte es gehen
$hooter
Ja nur dann ist das Problem, wenn man ET startet sieht man das Standard Menü, da ja der Mod noch nicht geladen wurde...

Deswegen suche ich einen Weg das im etmain einfügen zu können.
$mart
Hi Shooter

Yes you can force a download from etmain folder to customize menus !

I don't remember all the procedure, but it deals with g_campaignFile CVAR, please google it.

I had in an old config this setting: set g_campaignFile "scripts/diabolik.campaign"

But I can't remember what was written in the campaign file, or if the folder "scripts" had to be in the pk3, sorry for Alzeymer syndom lol

Anyway, it worked like a charm, 100%

V55
[DIABOLIK]$mart
$hooter
I believe that is the solution. I will try it tomorrow.
Thanks anyway $mart cheers.gif
ETc|Jay
ZITAT($hooter @ Jan 15 2017, 09:09 PM) *
I believe that is the solution. I will try it tomorrow.
Thanks anyway $mart cheers.gif

go to my server and watch inside the long name pk3. in folder scripts i added a empty campaign file. withthis its downloading the pk3.
and dont make the name longer than 52 signs inclusive .pk3. This will get problems with downloading.
macbeth
@ Jay you are back home ?
ETc|Jay
ZITAT(macbeth @ Jan 17 2017, 01:53 PM) *
@ Jay you are back home ?

no. in 2 weeks. i could go now but that will be not good :)
{WeB}*DoG*
Sorry to intrude but as far as I am aware and every server I have ever run the modded files should go in the mod folder
Silent
Jaymod
Etpub
Etpro
Etc etc
Main is for maps nothing else...
Hope this helps
Regards Dogster
$mart
V54 web !No man, you also can have zzz files in etmain folder to customize menus and force the doownload via the campaign script stuff. Let's see if Shooter find the solution and will describe us the how-to xD
Bye mate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.