did someone has the sources MLB maps ?

we have it at ets but for mlb temple the terrain is missing :the files for it
and markos site is down since a long times

thanks in advance
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 5 2019, 02:17 PM) *

This download is the only one we have for them, Kate: MLB Map Sources

It will probably be the one that you already have too. Do you have a link for Marko's old website?
macbeth
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 5 2019, 05:15 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 5 2019, 02:17 PM) *

This download is the only one we have for them, Kate: MLB Map Sources

It will probably be the one that you already have too. Do you have a link for Marko's old website?

marko site is down since a long times and never saw him back around
will look at your mlb pack
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 5 2019, 06:18 PM) *
...marko site is down since a long times and never saw him back around

Yep, the three of them, Marko, Lowlife and Bob Leroux, seem to have just disappeared, the website closed in 2007 gruebel.gif .

Here's a link to their old website archive:
Game Design Online

Some downloads work, some don't, unfortunately. There's mapping tutorials there too nicken.gif .

Their maps are also mentioned on this mapping website, which is in the French language:
EasyMapping
Ronboy
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 5 2019, 12:01 PM) *
Yep, the three of them, Marko, Lowlife and Bob Leroux, seem to have just disappeared, the website closed in 2007 gruebel.gif .

Here's a link to their old website archive:
Game Design Online

[color="#0000FF"]Some downloads work, some don't, unfortunately. There's mapping tutorials there too nicken.gif .

This is the same case with a majority of Rtcw SP mappers too; they just disappeared one day and never returned. gruebel.gif

On the positive side of things, at least we have the Wayback Machine that Gman linked to, so some websites/content can still be accessed.
Meister Gandalf
Maybe they left a Contact E-Mail Adress in their Maps that might be still alive.
But if then probably Full of Spam in ourdays
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Meister Gandalf @ Mar 6 2019, 01:03 AM) *
Maybe they left a Contact E-Mail Adress in their Maps that might be still alive.

That's definitely worth trying, Gandalf super.gif .
macbeth
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 6 2019, 01:14 AM) *

i started to look for their contacts yesterday but found nothing yet
i had marko on my old msn ...
maybe at splash we can find their infos
Teuthis
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 6 2019, 08:45 AM) *

Hi there,
For all MLB maps there should be the source files. I guess we at TWT have them in our repository (at least we did until the last server hack and website breakdown). If you simply need the map file you can generate this by decompiling the bsp. We have a tool for this and explanations on our website.

I love your passion for this game. I wish I would have the time for finishing up some unpublished work....
Teuthis
Just out of curiousity, you want the map file for just having it for your website or because of mapping reasons. I just saw that 99% of TWT download content disappeared after transition of the website. It took me days to upload all my prefabs and tutorials there. I don't have the time to do this again but If someone feels strong setting up a download section somewhere I would be happy to donate my private mapping repository. I collected tutorials since the RTCW beach map was published. I have hundrets of tutorials, made useful screenshots/pdf wherever I thought the content is useful, made hundrets of prefabs and wrote tutorials myself on scripting (some are published, most not). All I would ask for is to always provide them free for download. Nobody is allowed to make a dime with this content
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 6 2019, 08:43 PM) *
If someone feels strong setting up a download section somewhere I would be happy to donate my private mapping repository....All I would ask for is to always provide them free for download. Nobody is allowed to make a dime with this content.

That's a very kind offer, Teuthis. We could upload your files at "Wolffiles", all sorted into different catergories, but with your name attached to them.

For example:

Teuthis mapping tutorials - Wolf: ET

Teuthis map prefabs - Wolf: ET

...and so on.
macbeth
i found chavo at skype , but no idea if he still uses it

and here: https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/a-questio...havo-one/123798

QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 6 2019, 06:32 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 6 2019, 08:45 AM) *

Hi there,
For all MLB maps there should be the source files. I guess we at TWT have them in our repository (at least we did until the last server hack and website breakdown). If you simply need the map file you can generate this by decompiling the bsp. We have a tool for this and explanations on our website.

I love your passion for this game. I wish I would have the time for finishing up some unpublished work....

nice to see you around Teuthis
if you can give us your tool will be great or contact smiley at discord , is him who let me know about is missing for him
Ronboy
I agree with the other posts above; that sounds like a great idea, Teuthis. nicken.gif
Teuthis
Please give me your email address kate. Will send the tool this evening

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 6 2019, 08:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 6 2019, 08:43 PM) *
If someone feels strong setting up a download section somewhere I would be happy to donate my private mapping repository....All I would ask for is to always provide them free for download. Nobody is allowed to make a dime with this content.

That's a very kind offer, Teuthis. We could upload your files at "Wolffiles", all sorted into different catergories, but with your name attached to them.

For example:

Teuthis mapping tutorials - Wolf: ET

Teuthis map prefabs - Wolf: ET

...and so on.

No necessary to name me since I just collected most of the tutorials. And in my own ones, my name is in the tutorial. I will pack everything and send it your way. Please give me your email address
macbeth
Teuthis i just did

i use also discord grin.gif

and chavo is here :
http://chavo-one.com/ but no contact here
i send him an email : hope he will get it

thanks you
Ronboy
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:07 AM) *
and chavo is here :

Nice to see an old website that's still online, although it hasn't been updated since 2004. sadd.gif
Wolf Enstein
I was on the "TramDesign" website yesterday, Ron, to try and find a way of contacting Marko. Who's posts did I see there? The one and only Vicpas nicken.gif .

Perhaps he knows a way of contacting, Marko, mate, do you think you could ask him for Kate?
Teuthis
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 7 2019, 09:11 PM) *
I was on the "TramDesign" website yesterday, Ron, to try and find a way of contacting Marko. Who's posts did I see there? The one and only Vicpas nicken.gif .

Perhaps he knows a way of contacting, Marko, mate, do you think you could ask him for Kate?

I send Kate an email with the decompiler. I will send you guys also the mapping sources. but it's a heavy folder, 10GB
macbeth
nothing in my email box atm

Teuthis you are register at ets site , you can sent me here with a pm
Ronboy
Well, I will gladly ask Vicpas about how to contact Marko, if you want me to, macbeth. nicken.gif
macbeth
QUOTE (Ronboy @ Mar 8 2019, 12:47 AM) *
Well, I will gladly ask Vicpas about how to contact Marko, if you want me to, macbeth. nicken.gif

yes do it
i tried to find marko with his name mark Reeve : if i remember correctly this is his real name : looking at facebook and skype

lol i think we can start a new clan named sherlock holmes nicken.gif
Teuthis
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 8 2019, 02:39 AM) *

yes do it
i tried to find marko with his name mark Reeve : if i remember correctly this is his real name : looking at facebook and skype

Kate, did you now receive my email? The mail passed but maybe the attachement is too lorge with (just) 4 MB. Let me know if haven' received it and I send you a download link.

Best!
Teuthis
macbeth
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 8 2019, 07:28 AM) *

yes do it

Kate, did you now receive my email? The mail passed but maybe the attachement is too lorge with (just) 4 MB. Let me know if haven' received it and I send you a download link.

Best!
Teuthis

nope i dont get any email from you , i looked at yesterday and this morning but still nothing , so this failed
WuTangH
I think you are going wrong way trying to decompile map, as it will not fix your issue. It will only generate a .MAP file for you, but these files are already available (on wolffiles and other sites) in better quality than a decompiled .BSP.

What you are missing is .PCX file and few TGA files for Temple, which were used for terrain blending (textures gradient between eachother).. Some MLB map sources include these files and some dont.
These files were used in a method, where mapmaker generated whole terrain in softwares like EasyGen. These softwares also generated PCX files for you.. Meaning that you cant make them manually, or maybe you can but noone knows how it works.
So unless you somehow rebuild whole Temples terrain in Easygen, and adjust it to the map, you cant have these files.
I already explained this on SD forums to Smiley - https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/mlb-egypt-temple/150918

.. There are some Temple recompiled version tho.. like the WF_MLB_Temple.. I wonder how they did it.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (WuTangH @ Mar 8 2019, 04:51 PM) *
.. There are some Temple recompiled version tho.. like the WF_MLB_Temple.. I wonder how they did it.

That's true, WuTang, they made an excellent remake of the map, it's one of my favourites super.gif .
Teuthis
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 8 2019, 10:54 AM) *
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 8 2019, 07:28 AM) *

yes do it

Best!
Teuthis

nope i dont get any email from you , i looked at yesterday and this morning but still nothing , so this failed

Strange, just send it again, no error message. You will also find the decompiler in the files i provided to Wolf Enstein. I recommend the BAT compiler tool over the little programm, simply because it works more reliable to me.

QUOTE (WuTangH @ Mar 8 2019, 03:51 PM) *
I think you are going wrong way trying to decompile map, as it will not fix your issue. It will only generate a .MAP file for you, but these files are already available (on wolffiles and other sites) in better quality than a decompiled .BSP.

What you are missing is .PCX file and few TGA files for Temple, which were used for terrain blending (textures gradient between eachother).. Some MLB map sources include these files and some dont.
These files were used in a method, where mapmaker generated whole terrain in softwares like EasyGen. These softwares also generated PCX files for you.. Meaning that you cant make them manually, or maybe you can but noone knows how it works.
So unless you somehow rebuild whole Temples terrain in Easygen, and adjust it to the map, you cant have these files.
I already explained this on SD forums to Smiley - https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/mlb-egypt-temple/150918

Well, you can easily retexture the map and then you donˋt need the pcx file. These pcx method is quite historic and was only used in the very first maps, but is not used in the last 10 years. So retexturing is not a bad solution
macbeth
i just got the program
thanks you very much
a lil readme to how use it will be appreciated but i am not a mapper grin.gif
Meister Gandalf
QUOTE (Ronboy @ Mar 7 2019, 08:00 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:07 AM) *
and chavo is here :

Nice to see an old website that's still online, although it hasn't been updated since 2004. sadd.gif

registered to someone named
James Baucom
j@mesbau.com
maybe that adress works if thats the person you try to contact
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Meister Gandalf @ Mar 8 2019, 08:17 PM) *
registered to someone named
James Baucom
j@mesbau.com
maybe that adress works if thats the person you try to contact

That's some very nice detective work there, Gandalf thanks.gif .
Ronboy
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:39 PM) *
yes do it

I will ask one more time, just in case you've changed your mind, as others here have been helping you out with getting what you're looking for. Would you like for me to send an email to Vicpas regarding how to contact Marko?
macbeth
QUOTE (Ronboy @ Mar 9 2019, 01:21 AM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:39 PM) *
yes do it

I will ask one more time, just in case you've changed your mind, as others here have been helping you out with getting what you're looking for. Would you like for me to send an email to Vicpas regarding how to contact Marko?

yes please sent an email and try to know how to contact Marko
Ronboy
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 8 2019, 11:51 PM) *
yes please sent an email and try to know how to contact Marko

I sent Vicpas an email and here is his response (copied and pasted from the email):

Unhappily, i don't kown how to do this.

I saw that he is a Senior Member on https://forums.splashdamage.com/

Good luck.
Teuthis
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 8 2019, 06:54 PM) *
i just got the program
thanks you very much
a lil readme to how use it will be appreciated but i am not a mapper grin.gif

There is a readme included in the respective folder
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Ronboy @ Mar 10 2019, 02:32 AM) *
I sent Vicpas an email and here is his response (copied and pasted from the email):

Unhappily, i don't kown how to do this.

I saw that he is a Senior Member on https://forums.splashdamage.com/

I never knew that Marko was part of the "SplashDamage" team, Ron.

Thanks for asking Vicpas for us thanks.gif .

Ronboy
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 10 2019, 02:37 PM) *
I never knew that Marko was part of the "SplashDamage" team, Ron.

Thanks for asking Vicpas for us thanks.gif .

You're welcome. I didn't know that he was a "Senior Member" on those forums either, but that simply means he's been signed up there since the early days of the forums (around 2003). He's not actually a Splash Damage employee, just to clear up any misunderstandings.
Wolf Enstein
I spoke to a "Wolf: ET" mapper, his name is Double Dragon, over on Youtube and I asked him about the ".pcx" file for "MLB Temple". Apparently, according to him, this map never had one.

He explains why that is the case, in the comments section of this video he published:
Wolf: ET Youtube Channel coffeenews.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.