Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Servers out of ranking...
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
[GFR]=simssis
Also der [L2K]server scheint mir noch nicht so subba gesetzt zu sein...... zwinker2.gif
Maffiosa
but why must the damage Xp to 0 I dont get it
NHLfan
ZITAT(Maffiosa @ Jul 11 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]23382[/snapback]

if you activate damageXP then you have wrong XP settings, which means that the rankings in the SL will mess up
Maffiosa
ah ok Thx mate:D
I-kk-e
QUOTE(NHLfan @ Jul 11 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]23386[/snapback]

QUOTE(Maffiosa @ Jul 11 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]23382[/snapback]

if you activate damageXP then you have wrong XP settings, which means that the rankings in the SL will mess up

not completly true, when enabled in jaymod it uses the etpro damage system 50hp damage is 1xp...
so why not exclude all the etpro servers as well? a bit gay imo..

but damgeXP is now 0 again in Slaughterhouse 24h xpsave.
can server ranking be enabled again?

THNX!
Hellraiserr
lol i see always the story of exclude etpub and then etpro just have them both 01lol.gif

and etpub has extra future damagexplevel zwinker2.gif what can make it more xp per kill
NHLfan
it would be better if we exclude all mods from ranking, and also the etmain, we should also completly the whole enemy territory from the ranking, i think that would be the best!

(PS: this post was meant to be ironic...)
HarryHomers
QUOTE(sl.Proddi @ Jul 1 2006, 12:44 AM) [snapback]22743[/snapback]

HarryHomers -> modified xp rating system / sl.Proddi / 2006-07-04
I guess you claim we have altered our "xp rating system" because players have such high xp scores ?

Our server run's a 30 map campaign with xp-save, also we run Omni-Bot with ETPub config.
The XP is reset at begining of the 30 maps or 14 hours which ever is reached first.
The average time to do the full 30 maps is around 9 hours.
We stream to PunksBusted and PBBans.

If I am guessing correctly you think we changed our server config to alter the way XP is scored? We have done no such thing, all we have done in our config to do with XP is turn on XP-Save and set the time limit of the XP-save.

I will happily send anyone a copy of our server config (with passwords removed).

Just because we do not play the standard 6 maps and if your good and get a high XP, why should we not be allowed to be ranked? not all our players get a huge XP most of the time.

Regards.

Mike.
sLy ?
nahh u must change ur config to this

// g_damageXP [0|1|2]
// Optionally enables the awarding of XP based upon the amount of damage
// a player has done to the opposing team.
// Available options are:
// 0 - disabled: use normal ET XP awarding methods
// 1 - 1 point of XP is awarded per g_damageXPLevel points of damage done.
// The XP is placed in the skill category of the weapon used.
// When this mode is enabled, kills (regardless of method) are awarded
// a fixed value of 1 point of XP.
// 2 - 1 point of XP is awarded per g_damageXPLevel points of damage done.
// The XP is placed in the Battle Sense category.
// Normal XP amounts are awarded for kills (typically 3-5 XP).
// [default: 0]
set g_damageXP 0

// g_damageXPLevel [integer]
// This setting determines the amount of damage that a player must do to earn
// 1 point of XP. See g_damageXP for additional information.
// [default: 50]
set g_damageXPLevel 50

when u change this to my edit from my cfg then i think activate proddi the ranking again sign_fixed.gif
HarryHomers
Hi there,
thanks for the info nicken.gif
QUOTE(RAX @ Jul 25 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]23973[/snapback]

nahh u must change ur config to this
set g_damageXP 0
set g_damageXPLevel 50
when u change this to my edit from my cfg then i think activate proddi the ranking again sign_fixed.gif

All done and restarted now sign_fixed.gif thanks.gif
NHLfan
Once I opened a ticket for the guys at the etpub development.
If they include this feature in a future etpub version, then it won't be necessary to "report" such servers, cause it would work automatically

you can find this ticket here
[a12s]Memnoch
Hello Splatterladder !

And first, thanks for this great site !

I've found a community of cheaters at this point, and they have a list of cheat servers, so perhaps you will want to see that... here !

Have fun,
Memnoch

(Edit Proddi: thanks for the link, i have removed that, we dont publish cheater sites)
(ok, sorry for the link...)
WTF!-B|ack
I noticed recently that when viewing the details of my clan, the Server Name is showing as <DISABLED>. What exactly does this mean? As far as I know the server owners have not altered the XP rating system, (i will be asking them though). Or is it something else?
http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=claninfo&idx=120621

Is there a current master list of every server thats been removed from the rating system?

**edit** Odd, when clicking the link it shows the server name again of members playing. Hmmm...
*Euro-Force*Alex
Ehm ich wollt mal so nebenbei fragen was erlaubt is und was nicht...
damage = xp nicht erlaubt
throwknifes?
hoeherer schaden fuer waffen?
party panzers?
wenn euch nochwas einfaellt was nicht erlaubt ist bitte schreiben, ich schau ob wir nochwas davon haben... andernfalls wuerd der server wieder geblockt weil ichs nich weiß...

Alex
Ragnar_40k
Servers are disabled, when we think the XP settings are too far away from what is default - i.e. when players get far more XP as they would get in ETMain. We do this to create a fair ranking for all players.

Usually we have no problem with:
  • Default damage XP settings (ETMain default is 3XP for a kill and 5XP for a headshot kill, with the default setting for damage XP you get 1XP for 50HP damage and 1XP for a kill)
  • Shared XP for engis
  • Shorter spawntimes
What may lead to an exclusion from ranking is:
  • Players drop too many packs when dead (and get XP for it) - 2 packs are the limit.
  • Way too much altered XP for kills resp. damage (g_damageXPLevel)
  • To much XP for objectives (e.g. with altered mapscripts)
What definitely leads to exclusion from ranking:
  • Bots on server
  • No cheatprotection (i.e. PB or ETPro anticheat)
PS: We work on a relational XP system which will render such "rules" unnecessary.
*Euro-Force*Alex
i think we may only have the problem with damage = xp and medi / ammo packs
how much med/ammo packs are allowed? 6 we got now
Ragnar_40k
6 are too much. Make the math yourself: A field can do 18XP/min. only by selfkilling at spawn to drop packs (20 sec. spawn).
I would say 2 packs are the maximum.
*Euro-Force*Alex
allright good to know
i'll let you know if its fixed again, i got no time atm depp.gif
*Euro-Force*Alex
Ok Please check our server again, i made 1 xp = 150 hp damage and 2 med packs/ammo packs only...
Im not sure if all worked but please check it
85.25.138.178:28060
thx
[GFR]=simssis
----
sl.Wachente
=simssis' date='Aug 13 2006, 02:11 PM' post='24663']
Warum habt ihr den +GFR+ Server ganz aud SL. glöscht raiting raus nehmen is eins aber ganz löschen warum?
immer wenn man ihn einfügen will Server allready exist auch wenn er ne neue ip hat! und warum???

Da handelt es sich mit Sicherheit um einen Fehler der schnellsmöglich behoben wird grin.gif
sl.Proddi
ZITAT(sl.Wachente @ Aug 13 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]24664[/snapback]

ZITAT
=simssis' date='Aug 13 2006, 02:11 PM' post='24663']
Warum habt ihr den +GFR+ Server ganz aud SL. glöscht raiting raus nehmen is eins aber ganz löschen warum?
immer wenn man ihn einfügen will Server allready exist auch wenn er ne neue ip hat! und warum???

Da handelt es sich mit Sicherheit um einen Fehler der schnellsmöglich behoben wird grin.gif

ja, der fehler ist +GFR+. Wer uns ärgert, mit dem spielen wir einfach nicht mehr rolleye.gif .

abgsehen davon werd ich aus sätzen wie
ZITAT

einfach nicht schlau. dafür gibts doch nen edit-button.. oder nüchtern werden grin.gif
[GFR]=simssis
Is schon Gut Ez nochmal für die die das nicht verstanden haben: ditsch.gif !:

Unser server hat nicht die normalen XP einstellungen das erkenn ich ja an sign_fixed.gif jedoch habe ich auch nichts dagegen wen ihr das Raiting permanent raus nehmt! super.gif aber ich frage mich warum sich unser server in SL. nichtmehr existiert!? ich kann ihn auch nichtmehr hinzufügen! wenn ich das manuell tun will kommt der fehler Server allready Exist obwohl er nicht existiert! readthis.gif und dann wollte fragen warum das nichtmehr get oder ob ihr diesen server wohl ganz aus der serverliste geband habt old.gif ? Vielleicht könntet ihr diesen fehler beheben oder ihn wieder reinstellen! auch mit permanenten ban vom raiting!
thanks.gif NoB@D|
Sonyfan
Wir löschen grundsätzlich keine Server! Das geht das sowieso völlig automatisch von statten wenn er länger offline ist. Dennoch....das hat definitiv eine technische Ursache warum Dein Server nicht sichtbar ist. Wir werden dem nachgehen. nicken.gif Wenns gefixt ist wirst Du dementsprechend hier eine Antwort erhalten bzw. Du siehst es ja wenn er wieder gelistet ist.

P.S.: Wie ich gerade erfahren habe nutzt Ihr eine dynamische IP Adresse! Diese Art von IPs werden von uns nicht unterstützt da für sowas die Gefahr besteht das dies endlos für Serverspamming missbraucht wird, wie es auch mal vorgekommen war. ditsch.gif Dazu greifen unsere Sperrungen bei jedem IP Wechsel nicht da Ihr mit der neuen IP immer wieder in der Wertung seit. hammer.gif Also....somit ist die Sache abgehakt. grin.gif

Nochmal zum mitschreiben grin.gif

Feste IP = Serverliste
Dynamische IP = nix mit Serverliste
sLy ?
hi

hab einen server gefunden der modifiziert ist das er keine xp bringt hier ist der es is einer von beginners park http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=66810

sign_fixed.gif friends.gif

edit: lol wie haben da die de einstellungen wenn die spielzeit zählt aber keine punkte?!
*Euro-Force*Alex
wie siehts jetzt mit unsrem server aus? bitte nachschauen sadd.gif

85.25.138.178:28060

thanks.gif old.gif

kommt schon redet net immer an mir vorbei sadd.gif
[GFR]=simssis
Schade weil frühr ging des ja auch! und wie lang muss die ip beständig sein?
sl.Proddi
@GFR, ihr habt uns verarschen wollen, deswegen geht das nicht mehr für euch. das ist keine technische limitierung. es liegt einfach an euren taten. da kannst du hier noch 20 posts setzen, da wird sich absolut nix dran ändern. wenn ihr nen richtigen server habt, dann können wir gerne noch mal drüber reden.
[GFR]=simssis
hm ja ich setz ihgnez eh ETpro is des dann oke?
sl.Wachente
=simssis' date='Aug 14 2006, 06:18 PM' post='24691']
hm ja ich setz ihgnez eh ETpro is des dann oke?

Ihgnez kenne ich nicht, was ist denn das? doof.gif
NHLfan
mit "richtigen server" meinte proddi nicht unbedingt "etpro"

ein richtiger server hat zB auch eine fixe ip-adresse...
Sonyfan
@simssis

um es kurz zu fassen.....legt Euch eine feste IP zu und Proddi wird mit sich reden lassen. Alles andere steht ausser Diskussion. ditsch.gif
sLy ?
sry für doppel post aber ich verweiß hier noch mal drauf zwinker2.gif sign_fixed.gif

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?...ost&p=24675
NHLfan
ZITAT(RAX @ Aug 13 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]24675[/snapback]

hi

hab einen server gefunden der modifiziert ist das er keine xp bringt hier ist der es is einer von beginners park http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=66810

sign_fixed.gif friends.gif

edit: lol wie haben da die de einstellungen wenn die spielzeit zählt aber keine punkte?!

Wie, versteh ich das richtig?
Du willst einen Server disablen lassen, der keine Punkte bringt?
sLy ?
jain also ich meinte den server ausn ranking zu nehmen nicht ganz disablen sign_fixed.gif , der server bringt keine punkte aber sl wertet diese maps alle mit 0 punkte bzw wenig punkte und diese spieler die darauf spielen haben in schnitt dann 0 punkte und sind ganz hinten plaziert...das ist für mich n grund den au zu disablen :) is ja irgendwie auch ranking verfälaschung ein wenig zwinker2.gif...

btw ein anderer beginners park is auch disabled zwinker2.gif bzw ausn ranking genommen

mfg RAX
R4ge
Now i have some question here... Does this apply only to certain servers or to the whole community??? Cause u still have number of servers running modified xp system and i dont see nothing done about it... As far as i can remember u were the onces saying u want fair rankings, but it just kinda stopped with couple of servers beeing excluded from rankings while in the meantime some servers can run the way they wanna ???? Does this mean we gonna have an unfair ranking system on SL and that it is okay like this ?? So it is okay that ppl playing on "default set servers" dont have a chance to never make it to the top ?? Do they have to go playing on the modified servers if they wanna increase their ranks??? Now ive wrote what many ppl see and know but i guess dont have the ballz to say, or they prefer to keep quiet feeling satisfied looking at their rank increasing, cause some dont even have a chance cause the difference betwen the two servers a modified and a default one is huge, scoring 4xp or 7 xp per kill is a big difference!!!
Hope i get some answers here and dont ask me about the modified servers, u can look for them urself.. if u could find the onces u did im pretty sure u can manage to get the rest(besides I am not a rat and im sure u have ur sources)!! Now this post is something coming from ME and not our clan and if someone has a prob. with it can speak to me not our clan... And if there is someone who would like to add something here plz write it , im quite sure I am not the only one knowing about this..??

greetz, r4ge

NHLfan
First of all:
We have a private life! - We have to work, We have to sleep, we even have to think about how we make new kids!

The SL-System can't automaticily find modified servers, because there is no such info in the serverinfo, if there would be something like g_damageXP = 1, then the SL could sort them out automaticily - I've already opened a ticket in the etpub forums, but there aren't much responses yet.

However:
There are more than 4000 servers worldwide, and we can't check them manually, because -like I said in point 1- we have a private life

Every Server you request to disable, we have to check before we do that, and then the serveradmin claims he has disabled this feature, so we have to check again.
drappfake*BB*
I agree with u bro Rage... if u ppl know whataf00k is going on... I was thinking now there are so many very popular servers and well.. i wanna play there to okay i'm going there and WTF i see... i kill one noob and voila i have 11xp... weeeeeeeeel this is cos shitty we can't have this kind of mod-xp-system cos u will disable our ranking then.. but WTF it's not fair if u wanna be fair then fcuking disable their ranking.. but oh nooo... they are ur friends.. we can't fcuk with our friends... so WHATTTT damn.. it's lamest thing what i have ever seen in ET life.. lame... ppl go to their servers and their servers are popular cos even 1-day-noob will get high score.. i go to another popular server.. kill one punk agian.. and wtff i have 8 XP.. and again friend of Sl... okay it's pretty fair... okay next server i kill one punk and again 8 XP so i was thinking WTF wierd... and then i noticed... ooo they are SL friends... so if you want to be fair then tell them to change their XP-system (what u don't do) so ppl WTF?
NHLfan
Did you read my post above?
Currently we can't automaticatly disable this servers, we have to check every server manually, and maybe you have already recognized that there are more than 4000 servers out there...

but instead of complaining, what's about to tell us which servers have these settings
R4ge
Drapp calm down m8 zwink.gif

Yeah, i can understand u are busy and all that... we all are!! But u are running this thing - not me and it is up to u to look out for it !!! Or em i wrong ?? Now if u are to busy maybe u can hire more ppl or something, use ur clans to search for "cheating servers", hire ppl for it or dunno.. but DO something like i said there were couple of servers excluded but quite some time ago and i see this subject beeing totaly dropped although there are still servers running modified system's!!! Thats why i've wrote that post and if i didn't, nothing wouldn't of been done about that... maybe even now it wont ...

And yes u have 4000 servers monitored but lol maybe u can use ur heads instead, now ill give u some tips cause i see u are in need for them..

from ur 4000 servers u can take out only lake top 500 or something cause everything under 800 is more or less empty, hosted by ppl at home for fun and stuff like that...
still 500 is quite a number but it is simple those are the onces u should look after and u can do it like this...
U have ur player toplist so u take out for example top 50 or 100 players check out where they are gaming and then my friend u will be down to like 10 or 20 servers which i dont think it is such a big deal to check em out... Or is it still to much ?Now riht here u could wrote u ur "but insted of complaining" sentence...
Now we all know about the sl and most of the admins visit sl.forum so perhaps right now as i am writing this ppl are restarting their servers..lol
And I hope this gets settled i told u the way to do it and i said already i will not write u on which servers to check!! ...remember u are running this NOT ME !!
NHLfan
well, if you don't wont to tell us, ok... then don't complain.

however, if we have time we can check servers. if not, we have to wait until the mod writes these settings in the serverinfo

maybe you want to push this topic at the etpub developement (see here), because I don't think that the priority is high, if only one person wants this feature.

(ps: you're using a free service, and we have still a private life)
SixMaJine
QUOTE(R4ge @ Aug 22 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]25088[/snapback]

Drapp calm down m8 zwink.gif

Yeah, i can understand u are busy and all that... we all are!! But u are running this thing - not me and it is up to u to look out for it !!! Or em i wrong ?? Now if u are to busy maybe u can hire more ppl or something, use ur clans to search for "cheating servers", hire ppl for it or dunno.. but DO something like i said there were couple of servers excluded but quite some time ago and i see this subject beeing totaly dropped although there are still servers running modified system's!!! Thats why i've wrote that post and if i didn't, nothing wouldn't of been done about that... maybe even now it wont ...

And yes u have 4000 servers monitored but lol maybe u can use ur heads instead, now ill give u some tips cause i see u are in need for them..

from ur 4000 servers u can take out only lake top 500 or something cause everything under 800 is more or less empty, hosted by ppl at home for fun and stuff like that...
still 500 is quite a number but it is simple those are the onces u should look after and u can do it like this...
U have ur player toplist so u take out for example top 50 or 100 players check out where they are gaming and then my friend u will be down to like 10 or 20 servers which i dont think it is such a big deal to check em out... Or is it still to much ?Now riht here u could wrote u ur "but insted of complaining" sentence...
Now we all know about the sl and most of the admins visit sl.forum so perhaps right now as i am writing this ppl are restarting their servers..lol
And I hope this gets settled i told u the way to do it and i said already i will not write u on which servers to check!! ...remember u are running this NOT ME !!

That's right, they are running this page, and it's your free choice to visit it or to ignore it. They do it because they want to give something to the community, and they don't get payed or anything. They give you something for free, so maybe you could support it at least a little bit instead of complaining about the SL-Admins. Give something back instead of expecting 24/7 support for every little annoyance this XP-Rating system necessarily has. The idea that they should "hire" someone is pretty funny... how should he be paid? With an expanded Buddylist? With more names to register? This page is a gift for us, we didn't do anything for it, we just enjoy the fruits of their work.
So if you want them to change something, maybe you could do some of the work too. If you don't want to, stop complaining.
Just my 50 cents old.gif
R4ge
Thanks for the info SixMa, really wasn't aware of that 01lol.gif

Fist of all i like SL and i love what they are doing to all ET community... Nothing but respect !
Second maybe "hire" wasnt the right word, most of the guys are members of different clan, what i mean't was the should look for help there with the ppl they know or something...
Second ive been more then helpful dont have time to chace around for the modifed servers...
Third since i see this leads to no where maybe i should just leave it ...

thx super.gif
drappfake*BB*
hm.. whats that?

IPB Image

system went down?
Hellraiserr
etpub 0.8.0 now shows g_damagexp in serverinfo . NHLFAN requested it as he told here and its now in the latest nighty builds. sl admins can check 0.8.0 servers for the info easy now.
But i know for sure many admins wont use the latest nighty build since many always used 0.6.5 when nighty builds where there.. i updated my server to it today. grin.gif my g_damagexp setting is on 0
R4ge
QUOTE(Hellraiserr @ Aug 25 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]25205[/snapback]

etpub 0.8.0 now shows g_damagexp in serverinfo . NHLFAN requested it as he told here and its now in the latest nighty builds. sl admins can check 0.8.0 servers for the info easy now.
But i know for sure many admins wont use the latest nighty build since many always used 0.6.5 when nighty builds where there.. i updated my server to it today. grin.gif my g_damagexp setting is on 0

Good job NHLfan super.gif

And u are right hell, there are many servers still running 0.6.5 don't understand why??? Gues some ppl like bugs, hate improvments and shit like that... We have our server on 0.7.1 and default damage xp but ill update it to 0.8.0 just in case... Damn i would love to see all servers updating to 0.8.0 or maybe even better u could set this as condition for beeing tracked by SL ??? I think would be great u write this in news section,forums that all servers not having 0.8.0 or more(later on...) will be excluded from rankings ??? This is the only and the easyest way to ever have fair stats here!!! And it wouldn"t be such a big thing a bit questioning in the begining "why our server was excluded blablalba" and with time servers admins will run 0.8.0 !!!

? nicken.gif
Hellraiserr
you got a point there with excluding them if not using it. but that will be a lot of servers i think. Cause most will update it to 0.7.1 cause its official. if most are smart and like the official more then nighty's they must download the nighty but it has only the serverstring info addition. but hard to go disable all servers that dont use 0.8.0 zwinker2.gif And dont think that would be a good idea to do then. if there is a notice about it in the main post of this whole thread more admins will use it for what i think :)

new things that are in etpub 0.8.0 nighty build =
* gabriel: g_damageXP added to serverinfo string
* gabriel: implemented g_bot_maxXP - Like g_maxXP but for bots only
* gabriel: implemented g_bot_minPlayers - See docs
Maffiosa
But g_damageXp on 0 lol I saw a server that has g_damagexp 1 is that allowd? Mabey you huys must do allowd G_damageXp 3 ore 2 ore 5...
Hellraiserr
g_damagexplevel is default 50 i just made it 0

-edit- thx rax for correction
sLy ?
hekll is not really right...

default is this

ZITAT
// g_damageXP [0|1|2]
// Optionally enables the awarding of XP based upon the amount of damage
// a player has done to the opposing team.
// Available options are:
// 0 - disabled: use normal ET XP awarding methods
// 1 - 1 point of XP is awarded per g_damageXPLevel points of damage done.
// The XP is placed in the skill category of the weapon used.
// When this mode is enabled, kills (regardless of method) are awarded
// a fixed value of 1 point of XP.
// 2 - 1 point of XP is awarded per g_damageXPLevel points of damage done.
// The XP is placed in the Battle Sense category.
// Normal XP amounts are awarded for kills (typically 3-5 XP).
// [default: 0]
set g_damageXP 0

// g_damageXPLevel [integer]
// This setting determines the amount of damage that a player must do to earn
// 1 point of XP. See g_damageXP for additional information.
// [default: 50]
set g_damageXPLevel 50

what u mean is not damagexp u mean damage xp level :) sign_fixed.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.