Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mac user cant play on ET pro 2.60b
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
piff
Ok, the server I play on updated to the new et pro 2.60 b

so when I went to connect it downloaded the etpro-3_2_6.pk3 into my directory but when I went to connect it said

et pro wants et2.60b mac os PPC may 8 2006, not ET pro 2.60 mac os.ppc march 16 2005

so i updated according to google and the forum posts

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront...Patch_mac;62009

I downloaded this, and replaced the other file in my main directory, but now Et wont launch. any idea whats causing the issues?

I am on mac os x 10.3.9
Sch1sM
im having exactly the same problem.
Toxin
is there something interesting in your console.log?
Sch1sM
QUOTE(Toxin @ Oct 17 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]28023[/snapback]

is there something interesting in your console.log?

no; if you have a mac you'll understand this next part.
for me my icon i keep in my dock at the bottom. after putting the et 2.60b into the Wolf folder (replacing the old one) then i click the icon in the dock. it bounces as usual to show its thinking and then it doesnt launch no matter how many times you try.
ATARIS
I just got an Imac, I had been playing ET on PC for months. Thought, because I didn't know; I may have issues, and heard I may have with the update. I downloaded the ET file for mac, including the update. At first I couldn't do anything with ET, so I trashed the first installation and tryed again. It seems to work fine now. Other than I get a line of jibberish at the top about something recorded...(although nothing had). But does not affect game play. The second download was from the same place as the first, just a different set of links to get to it... super.gif
Eradicated
QUOTE(ATARIS @ Nov 2 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]29205[/snapback]

Other than I get a line of jibberish at the top about something recorded...(although nothing had)

That jibberish your talking about is actaully your ET recording a video of your session on the server.
I had the same thing once.

Its simple to turn it off. Go to Options/Game/Misc and Turn Auto Action :OFF

OR

Just type in:
seta cg_AutoAction "0"
in your console.

I dont know anything about Macs, but do you have your ETDED.exe and ET.exe in your ET folder?
Ypu need these files to play the game otherwise you must reinstall ET
ATARIS
No, the jibberish has something to do with it saying recorded video of the beginning screen, you know the video that plays when you first start the game...the default loaded video when you get your options menu. Kinda odd, I don't know much about my mac and ET either...it doesn't affect gameplay from what I can tell. Would be nice someday to get rid of that though nicken.gif
Eradicated
Hmm.. i have never seen this before.. post a screen shot of this.. maybe i can work out whats going on your ET.
Sch1sM
well the mac 2.60b patch just has an icon in it called Wolfenstein ET that looks exactly like the regular one, you cant even tell its a patch really. ive worked with the pc one, i have both but i like my mac et. i can play fine on the pc, ive got the new patch working there, but the mac has problems. there arent a lot of clues; no console opens, nothing runs, it just plain doesnt start up.
ATARIS
Sch1sM, where did you get your download from if ya don't mind me asking? The only problem i have, and it's pretty much a cosmetic one with no game altercations is the code at the top of the gameplay screen when I play. I have to go thru my hd then open applications then the wolfenstien folder, then the ET icon, to get mine to open. After you downloaded the file did you delete the .dmg file, because if you did that may be your problem, i found that out thru other programs not to delete a .dmg file. As far as the thread looking for me to get a screen shot...I can try, but I have no clue on how to do a screen shot on ET, and even more so a screen shot with my mac....Sch!sM, I also have a link to where i downloaded my copy of ET from if your interested...
Sch1sM
just as a precaution we're both talking about 2.60b yes?
all i know is that my original is kind of old but i dont think its changed. the stock patch is 2.60. its normal in every respect besides in 2.60b when i try to put it on.
ATARIS
I have my wolfenstein icon pulled into my dock at the bottom and i can open the game fine from there now. I am running OSX 10.4.8. Here is the link I used to download from. I would assume it has all the updates because i am having no problem getting on servers that use the update:

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront...itory_Mac;44985

the part where i have the recording demo line at the top of play screen only comes up on one particular server...may be something in there downloads...who knows, but I can play and load with no problems. If you try the link, let me know how it goes.
Sch1sM
im pretty sure that one isnt updated.
see if you can connect to this server with no errors.

63.209.37.207:27960

then if you can then i'll dl but the date it (your download) was put up is wayyy before 2.60b came out. there are tons of servers with 2.60b taht i want to play on grin.gif
ATARIS
Okay this is what I did, first I tried the server you listed and it didn't work (guess i was not updated). Sooooo...I went here http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront...Patch_mac;62009, downloaded the 2.60b patch. After it downloaded I went to the file, and right clicked the icon itself, and show package contents, you will see the contents folder, open that to MacOS file, and open that then when you see the unopenable exe file stay there..now open your old wolfenstien file, do the same thing thru the icon show contents till you get to the same file..now what I did was moved the original exe. file just into my hdd by itself, then dragged the new file into replace it. After that I did get on your server, and my icon still opens the program fine from my dock....lemme know if this works for you.
phreaker
Ok, kinda off topic, but is there any way to play the older version of ET without uninstalling 2.60 on my pc?
ATARIS
I have wondered that myself...I had a couple older version servers that I used to play on, and when I tried to even type their IP addy in it said what it used to say when I wanted to play the newer mods, un recognizable version...
phreaker
Got this from the same question on another forum:

there is a easy way called patchselector:

http://wolfenstein-city.4players.de/dlman/...load.php?id=701

I can't get it to work either, I'm not horribly computer savy, so I'll work on it and see what happens.
phreaker
this doesn't work, and it seems like a lot of other people can't figure it out either
ATARIS
Well your patch selector was worth a try, especially if you really want to play the older servers..the server I play on now is a good one with mostly mature players so I am happy, so I guess I am not pushin to get back to the older one. But I wish you luck on your search..
Eradicated
Whats wrong with your patch selector?

For it to work you must:
- Have the patch selector file, ETDED.exe, ET.exe,ETpro 2.3.5, 2.60 and 2.60b all in the same file.
- The patch Selector must be placed in the wolfenstein ET folder, not ETmain or anything liek that.
- When you unzip patch selector you get 2 file;
- If you have all seeing eye program, you must put the sleep.exe in your wolfenstein et folder.
- If you do not have all seeing eye, use patch.exe in your et folder.
phreaker
I don't know much about moving files around, but I did figure it it after going to another site. I also don't have ASE, so I just wasn't choosing the correct patch. It does in fact work, simply follow the directions, and don't listen to my dumb ass :-P The guy who posted before me is right, so read what he said, and do that. Lol.
Sch1sM
/bump
ok i still cant play 2.60b on my mac lol
i wanna play SNL and etbox :[
Eradicated
QUOTE(Sch1sM @ Nov 23 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]30641[/snapback]

/bump
ok i still cant play 2.60b on my mac lol
i wanna play SNL and etbox :[

Do you mean you cant connect to servers running etpro 2.60b?
Or your ET version is older than the server?

Newest et version is 2.60b.
Did you reinstall your ET ?
Sch1sM
yes thats what i mean. but i havent seen a 2.60b installer that ISNT a patch. i cant patch it; none of them work for macs. i have a pc and i know how to patch it on pc, its a ton easier.

what i mean is, yes its an older version, im aware of it, but none of the installers work for me. reinstalling wont help because its not 2.60b, its just normal 2.60
Eradicated
QUOTE(Sch1sM @ Nov 26 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]30986[/snapback]

yes thats what i mean. but i havent seen a 2.60b installer that ISNT a patch. i cant patch it; none of them work for macs. i have a pc and i know how to patch it on pc, its a ton easier.

what i mean is, yes its an older version, im aware of it, but none of the installers work for me. reinstalling wont help because its not 2.60b, its just normal 2.60

Ok now you need to download the patch selector + etpro 2.3.5, 2.60 and 2.60b

If you dont have the files, i got them all on my filefront.
Click Here
hynkel
Yea i know i'm reviving and olllld topic, but i started playing et on my mac again and i'm having the same problem as the other guy. The 2.60b patch for mac doesnt seem to work...
Are there any mac users that are able to play on etpro and got their version to 2.60b?
TomDome
If you use Mac OS/X you need patch 2.60d not 2.60b, otherwise 2.60b should work. Downloadsource for patches: Wolfmap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.