Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it me or are my light weapons pea shooters?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
joeski
Can any one advise me on this one...I have played a server with saved xp and have gained all the stars and a "general" ranking yet on one to one using a machine gun I get blasted away very often despite getting plenty of hits in...are there body armour options I dont know about? are there settings I can change? The light weapons I use are like pea shooters! When my xp rises does this improve things? Any advice appreciated
SixMaJine
Weapon's power doesn't increase, for more of those stamdard infos, read the manual.
Btw.: for how long are you playing ET?
-IronMonkey-
doof.gif some training on your aim? doof.gif
Eradicated
QUOTE(-IronMonkey- @ Oct 26 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]28575[/snapback]

LOL grin.gif
readthis.gif Some reasons:
- They were using adrenaline.
- They were head shooting you..
- They had a bot and were head shooting you.
- Firing a moblie mg42 is not a good idea while running.
- (maybe) You thought your shots hit him but you were actually completely missing him. ( old.gif Hit sounds:ON are quite useful for these situations)

- Or you just need to work on your aim.... as monkey said.

SixMaJine, your steam sig always cracks me up when i see it. super.gif
=>ETK<=s0ul^
QUOTE (Eradicated @ Oct 26 2006, 09:35 PM) *
QUOTE (-IronMonkey- @ Oct 26 2006, 05:46 PM) *

LOL grin.gif
readthis.gif Some reasons:
- They were using adrenaline.
- They were head shooting you..
- They had a bot and were head shooting you.
- Firing a moblie mg42 is not a good idea while running.
- (maybe) You thought your shots hit him but you were actually completely missing him. ( old.gif Hit sounds:ON are quite useful for these situations)

- Or you just need to work on your aim.... as monkey said.

SixMaJine, your steam sig always cracks me up when i see it. super.gif

LOL, you know...I see everywhere of people suggesting to work on their aim. But how exactly should a person improve their aim? What are some tips or suggestions that work to improving your aim?
I have 1.
1. I have only been using single pistol. It's hard because you do actually have to aim the pistol. And it can suck, you are always getting pwnt. But if you can get past the death part, than you can eventually make some progress. Possibly a month or 2 i would say.
Rev_Jester
QUOTE (-IronMonkey- @ Oct 26 2006, 11:46 AM) *
some training on your aim?

Practice shooting at a tree or pole as you move side to side will help a great deal. As you get better, add jumping to the drill as you move. The Fuel Dump map is good place to practice since you can see misses by watching the snow. By doing this, my hit percentage has gone from 12 percent to over 30 percent. You can also practice with grenades the same way. Having a ammo rack close by is a plus and is why I like Fuel Dump for doing this. Dueling with friends is another good way to practice your aim.

Other things that will effect your aim:
1.) Your cross hair size and type. Big is bad, smaller is good.
2.) Windows mouse settings and ET mouse settings.These work together to determine your tracking speed
3.) Type of mouse - optical has the best tracking plus doesn't have to be cleaned.
4.) The field of view (FOV) you use. Higher FOVs allow you to see more to the sides, but the standard 90 degree is easier to see targets that are further away.
5.) Weapon type. Not all weapons are created equal.
6.) Your position when you are firing. Prone is the tightest grouping of shoots, standing is the loosest grouping.
7.) The number of shoots you take. Short bursts are more accurate. The longer the burst, the further apart the shots will be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.