Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We are back! The new SL has arrived!
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > NEWS - SplatterLadder > NEWS - SplatterLadder - ENGLISH -
Pages: 1, 2
sl.Binaural
Long awaited, but finally as we announced it has arrived, the tuned and pimped up SL! Better than ever and for us a quantum jump. Even fairer, faster, more individual and more objective!

But first an important info:

From now on the new statistics counts! Whose playing now, plays under the new rating-criteria! Isn't played immediately, you will drop out of ranking after seven days! It is said to some players in the ranking increase or fall by the rearrangement. Also the awards have been disabled due to the new ranking-estimation.

The heart! The brand-new trackercore!

Without him, the SL would not exist. He is the center with his complete new structure, as well as the biggest change in our huge update. He was programmed that way manipulation of the ranking-lists is impossible. Many hot discussions were the cause to over-work that precisely to give every player a rank which he has truley deserved. Therefore it is meaningless on which server you are playing or which mod is running on that server. With the new core we placed the headstone for upcomming games like QuakeWars. Also new ranking-lists become possible in future.

Improved session-calculation and more statistics

Until now the player could only see his own statistics about a session in the playerinfo-tab. The performance of other players was only visible through exausting clicks. With the new trackercore we implement a detailed round-statistic, the so called 'map-session', which is calculated after every closed session. It reflects the session with all players and their spm (score per minute). After every session there will be a round-based ranking-list from which you can see with one view who has performed how. The session-calculation is based on the ELO rating system. From this benefits a more objective view and we are able to gather once again all the maps (except trickjump) for the ranking. The same applies to server we had to disable due to a change of the xp-rating. That means, every sever-operator may configure his server freely and must never fear to dropp out of ranking, because everything is collected in a session-calculation and does not affect directly the global ranking.

Individual configurable permanent server-list and detailed server-view

The enormous pimped up serverlist was a construction-site, now interlarded with many new features. This will lead you more comfortable through the server-jungle than ever before. You are now able to select and sort after every possible criteria (quasi ET-like), like used server-settings, current utilisation or server-origin. That means a server-list according to your wishes and needs will be created. Not the SL is saying what you will see, you will tell her! Also the displaying has been over-worked and contains now an extended possibility for sorting the list and more facts at one view. In the detailed server-view you will see additionally the last twenty played maps. So you have a fast overview which maps are running on that server.

The turboscanner

Fast, faster, fastest! The SL charges the turbo! The '30 second-scan' has arrived! (Former known as the 'lazy 90 second scan')
Hence there are more detailed statistics than ever before.

The most important faqs, summed up in a changelog:
  • 30 second scan intervall, a maximum of five minutes with empty servers (old: 90 seconds and max. of scan of 90 minutes)
  • changed global ranking
    The new ranking is based now on the differences within a session (map-session). It does not matter which mod or map is running. The new ranking has been made compatible to the used numbers.
    -> a minimum of eight players in the valuation of a session
    -> it is a alike the ELO rating system
    -> sessions will be calculated immediately after a 'map-session'
    -> two session boni (player and global niveau boni)
  • viewable session-history from the server-view
  • detailed session-info
  • server-ranking (beta-test)
  • prearrangement for mod-ranking
  • third tab of player-info -> mod-overview (mod-data has to been collected first)
  • third tab of player-info -> server-based player ranking (ranking data has to been collected first)
  • multiple playing names (like "ETPlayer or "Jimmy") will be displayed correctly now
  • new filterable severlist/permanentfilter
  • sever-load (beta-test)
We hope we created with our big service pack a SL which is liked the same way as we do. Tell us your opinion and give us your feedback to stay on your number one. If you discover any bugs or errors please let us know so we can eliminate them promptly.

Best regards and have a lot of fun with your freshly polished SL!

Your SL-Team!
hun_pl
Dear SL-Team
Thank You very much for excelent work
New engine is wonderfull
once again THANK U

Hun_PL
sl.Binaural
ZITAT(hun_pl @ Oct 26 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]28553[/snapback]

Dear SL-Team
Thank You very much for excelent work
New engine is wonderfull
once again THANK U

Hun_PL

Your are welcome!
kaisersaucé
Hi SL Team,

Thank u for all that stats that let us see our perf.
Good job men.

Many thanks from [T2D]UNDERCOVER_COP aka BILLY aka BillCarson grin.gif
sunone
ok so everybody are happy...
when is the party to celebrate changes and good work ? cheers.gif
Messenger
yeah let's party cheers.gif
WTF!-Gambl3
i like what you all did and a great improvement overall

however, i do prefer the red/green arrows per sessions to easily see if you did better or worse then normally, any chance of them coming back?
do$e
congrats dudes, overall a better rating system! (and also better serversearch.)
small rather unimportant thingy tho, ur flag could use a little adjustment:
IPB Image 'to less players! session not ranked!'
change it to something like: 'too few players! session not ranked!' and it would actually make sense grin.gif
boondock
Wow!! Great job guys!! thanks.gif

One thing what I still would like to see is the average player ranking for a server...
ukbud
is there only me that think the new rating sucks all evry one gets now is reds reds reds bah crap goin down like a stone and it aint jus me seems majority of players are in the reds and goin down down down gonna have to stop lookin at this website startin to depress me already bah was good while it lasted !!!!!!!!!!
sunone
QUOTE(do$e @ Oct 28 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]28763[/snapback]

IPB Image 'to less players! session not ranked!'
change it to something like: 'too few players! session not ranked!'

when you go on wiki -change has been made after simmiliar sugestion..not enough players ^^
do$e
QUOTE(ukbud @ Oct 29 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]28809[/snapback]

is there only me that think the new rating sucks all evry one gets now is reds reds reds bah crap goin down like a stone and it aint jus me seems majority of players are in the reds and goin down down down gonna have to stop lookin at this website startin to depress me already bah was good while it lasted !!!!!!!!!!

could be we all were a tad overrated in the past m8 zwinker2.gif
guess after a short period of time rankings prolly will settle on a level which make sense, a lot of players havent even played since the ratings changed.
Warmonger
Here's why I think...and it IS a problem, correct me if Im wrong. Because the new system is ELO, any unregistered fool who changes his/her name comes into the game with a rating of ONE and brings everyone down. I played a map and had the second highest point-rate, but the top one had come in with a new name and a rating of 1...I lost MANY points.
sl.ErdnussJack
for the matter thats right. we know this issue and work on it.

Update: Proddi test a possibly solution with a modification on the "average rating". take a look on your new sessions and please give feedback
(SF)bLoTto
I like it, good job guys! super.gif
cheers.gif cheers.gif
[LZ]Satan
Great job but one problem for me when I go to check my rating it always says session lenght looking for like 20maps that i'ved played.... my name [LZ]SATAN how can I fix this?
[R]darkchick
Great grin.gif
sl.Proddi
ZITAT
Satan' date='Oct 30 2006, 04:47 PM' post='28916']
Great job but one problem for me when I go to check my rating it always says session lenght looking for like 20maps that i'ved played.... my name [LZ]SATAN how can I fix this?

do you use a tracker-signature ? if u use different color-code, then u have a "looking"-status.
is it possible ?
ma3stro
just a question maybe someone can answer sl doesnt reconise any server that i have played on since the change sadd.gif
is there anything that i have to change or do to make it reconise the servers ?
NHLfan
ZITAT(ma3stro @ Oct 30 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]28953[/snapback]

just a question maybe someone can answer sl doesnt reconise any server that i have played on since the change sadd.gif
is there anything that i have to change or do to make it reconise the servers ?

Can you give us the IP's of those servers?
[LZ]Satan
QUOTE(sl.Proddi @ Oct 30 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]28951[/snapback]

do you use a tracker-signature ? if u use different color-code, then u have a "looking"-status.
is it possible ?

Hmmm how do I get a tracker-signature? I think thats my problem
sl.Proddi
ZITAT
Satan' date='Oct 31 2006, 07:48 AM' post='28962']
ZITAT(sl.Proddi @ Oct 30 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]28951[/snapback]

ZITAT

is it possible ?

another reason: u only spectating ?

EDIT: another player has the same problem. we search on it.
{NB}gunnyhighway
i dont seem to be moving however many peeps are playing , i get the to less players message too? i just played flak stuff , 6 aside , but no rating?
[LZ]Satan
QUOTE(sl.Proddi @ Oct 31 2006, 06:52 AM) [snapback]28974[/snapback]

Satan' date='Oct 31 2006, 07:48 AM' post='28962']
QUOTE(sl.Proddi @ Oct 30 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]28951[/snapback]

is it possible ?

another reason: u only spectating ?

EDIT: another player has the same problem. we search on it.

No I played all those games my rating keeps lowering from 836 to 510 now ..... click on my signature plz and check it out. I have wireless internet and pb kicks me sometimes for invalid pk3. reference cause of some maps .. help.gif thanks.gif
Warmonger
The problem I mentioned earlier in this thread is still in place. Everytime a new player joins a game, or any other player even changes his/her name to something new, or changes colors...they come in the game with a 1 (or is it 0?) rating. This throws the whole system out of whack unless that person is so unproductive as to approximate his non-existant rating.

If two players A and B, both rated at 20.00, are dominating a server and both get similar points/minute...they should get +/-0.00.
If player A is using an alias, his rating will be nil, and player B will be punished for using his REAL name with a rating loss.

If player A is rated a lot higher and gets a higher score/minute, the point changes should be minimal...
If he's using an alias with that newborn rating, B's REAL name gets REAL screwed.
[LZ]Satan
Now my rating won't s how ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! help.gif thanks.gif
{NB}gunnyhighway
i totally agree with warmonger, well said. motz.gif
SuperCow
Quick question: if someone is playing and then changes their name to a new one during the course of the game it doesn't seem that stats will be entered for the new name - is this correct? Somehow it looks like SL keeps using the old name? Does that mean we have to disconnect and reconnect to use a different name? Thanks in advance for your answers!
SuperCow
QUOTE(SuperCow @ Nov 2 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]29108[/snapback]

Quick question: if someone is playing and then changes their name to a new one during the course of the game it doesn't seem that stats will be entered for the new name - is this correct? Somehow it looks like SL keeps using the old name? Does that mean we have to disconnect and reconnect to use a different name? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Never mind I've just realised the problem is that SL is not picking up my existing registered player name (I posted a separate post about this problem).
ukbud
something deffo not right just been top player and fragger for three maps and got all reds wtf never right this new rating totally sucks

it may look good but it aint givin correct readins
Warmonger
QUOTE({NB}gunnyhighway @ Nov 1 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]29094[/snapback]

i totally agree with warmonger, well said. motz.gif

Thanks, Gunny. I wish someone on the SL team would comment on this. I absolutely LOVE the new setup and extended stats and more frequent scans. I even think using an Elo based system is a great idea, but it can't work properly in a open system such as this. Elo is for closed, controlled player sets. A possible solution would be to consider players with too little rating time as 'unrated'. While they are accumulating enough rating time to become 'rated', their rating does NOT enter the calculations for the rated players in that session...but their rating change is calculated normally, or even weighted. Also, new names could begin with an 'average' initial rating, as opposed to 0.
[pesto]lobo_azul
hi, i not speak english, but i have a problem with ranking, show maps are in looking and not ranked

Pages (2): [1]2 Nov 06 2006 at 23:03 ET Gold Rush [Great... ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 22:35 ET MLB Temple final ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 22:35 ET The Breakout v3.6.0 ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 22:35 ET Fuel Dump ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 22:35 ET Siwa Oasis ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 21:53 ET Security Radar final3 ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 21:53 ET Gold Rush [Great... ChristianGamingNetwor...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:49 ET Braundorf beta4 Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:49 ET Venice Tourname... Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:49 ET ET Beach Invasio... Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:49 ET Railgun Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:49 ET Caen 2 final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:49 ET Special Delivery 2 Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:42 ET Adlernest final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:42 ET Dubrovnik final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 06 2006 at 02:12 ET Fuel Dump TE Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET ET Beach Invasio... Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Railgun Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Caen 2 final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Special Delivery 2 Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Adlernest final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Dubrovnik final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Supply Depot 2 final Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET Fuel Dump TE Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details
Nov 05 2006 at 22:03 ET SW Goldrush TE Alkon #1 | Cmpgn > Pub...
- looking
-> Details

hablo español, quisiera saber como poder solucionarlo
thanks
[pesto]lobo_azul
[RW]-TweekInc
the server i played on reported wrong or something every 1 playing got scores of 0 for the map length, i lost 2 points sadd.gif. it was seattle pig farm 3 just thought i let u guys know.

Jason!
Hi there,

effectively those changes seems to be efficient.
Unfortunately since etpro went to patch 2.60b i reinstalled and i don't know why splatter ladder didn't recognize me anymore when i'm playing...

Someone can tell me why?

NHLfan
ZITAT(Jason! @ Nov 13 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]29945[/snapback]

Hi there,

effectively those changes seems to be efficient.
Unfortunately since etpro went to patch 2.60b i reinstalled and i don't know why splatter ladder didn't recognize me anymore when i'm playing...

Someone can tell me why?

on which server did you play? what is your playername?
Jason!
My player name is |T3C|^Jason and most of the time i'm playing on (MIDNIGHT SPIKAGE) ETPRO 3.2.6
IP: 195.3.138.4:27960

By the way i tried on other servers and it didn't change anything...

Thanks for your reply.
sl.Proddi
ZITAT(Jason! @ Nov 15 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]30071[/snapback]

My player name is |T3C|^Jason and most of the time i'm playing on (MIDNIGHT SPIKAGE) ETPRO 3.2.6
IP: 195.3.138.4:27960

By the way i tried on other servers and it didn't change anything...

Thanks for your reply.

it looks ok for me .. whats your problem ?
Jason!
My problem is that i'm playing almost everyday and splatterladder says that my last activity is from 23 days ago...

It didn't see when and where i'm connected anymore and i'm still playing with the same playername.
The only thing i made is reinstalling my ET after the patch 2.60b for ETPRO went out.

So what's wrong?

Thanks.
NHLfan
ZITAT(Jason! @ Nov 16 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]30170[/snapback]

My problem is that i'm playing almost everyday and splatterladder says that my last activity is from 23 days ago...

It didn't see when and where i'm connected anymore and i'm still playing with the same playername.
The only thing i made is reinstalling my ET after the patch 2.60b for ETPRO went out.

So what's wrong?

Thanks.

there is nothing wrong!
last played ~50 minutes

see here
Jason!
CITATION(NHLfan @ Nov 17 2006, 01:31 AM) [snapback]30173[/snapback]

CITATION(Jason! @ Nov 16 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]30170[/snapback]

So what's wrong?

Thanks.

there is nothing wrong!
last played ~50 minutes

see here

In fact I just noticed that i'm reported twice...
When you do a search and you type t3c.
You have most of my teamates and me in upper page and and this line says: last activity 24d or smth.

Then you go lower into that playerlist and you find me there again with the same playername and with the correct playing information.

Why am i ranked twice and seems some of my teamates are too?

The modification that have been made to sl duplicated all the playername regarding old info and new after the modifs?
sl.Proddi
the 2 times names was a result of a bug in the old tracker. the old tracker handles the names not correct. i merge your old name with the new generated to keep the statistics. u only must reserve the "new" player.
Jason!
Ok Thanks for your patience and explainations regarding my questions.

super.gif

Ok Thanks for your patience and explainations regarding my questions.

super.gif
fireatwell
QUOTE(sunone @ Oct 27 2006, 04:03 AM) [snapback]28656[/snapback]

ok so everybody are happy...
when is the party to celebrate changes and good work ? cheers.gif

sign_fixed.gif help.gif need it really (BAD) hammer.gif motz.gif it keep on freezin up on my everytime i try playing the game got too shutdown my computer all the way off ant played over4weeks i really miss play that game fireatwell... brutale.gif bug.gif help.gif crash.gif crash.gif crash.gif ogre.gif ogre.gif excl.gif excl.gif stupid.gif stupid.gif
Eragon
I love this new system
but hate the new adding to it motz.gif
sunone
when i press , favourites or search at my browser and the window of your webiste gets shrinked then image in left top corner gets damaged. have a look what i mean: click on image to veiw in larger size
IPB Image
NHLfan
ZITAT(sunone @ Dec 8 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]31941[/snapback]

when i press , favourites or search at my browser and the window of your webiste gets shrinked then image in left top corner gets damaged. have a look what i mean: click on image to veiw in larger size
IPB Bild

close the sidebar or press F3
sunone
QUOTE(NHLfan @ Dec 8 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]32007[/snapback]

close the sidebar or press F3

you dont get my point. i know how to do it, but i thought that site shoul be same with side bar as without it. with no bugs like that. do you understand what i meant?
NHLfan
oh, you mean splatman the mascot?
Well, I've tested it in my internet explorer, and it's the same "broken" image

but if I activate the sidebar in firefox then it's still there (looking normal), so it looks more like a bug in IE to me
Maybe there's a way to fix it...
sunone
QUOTE(NHLfan @ Dec 9 2006, 03:06 AM) [snapback]32015[/snapback]

oh, you mean splatman the mascot?
Well, I've tested it in my internet explorer, and it's the same "broken" image

but if I activate the sidebar in firefox then it's still there (looking normal), so it looks more like a bug in IE to me
Maybe there's a way to fix it...

yes that is what i meant ;] the mascot. so yes it might be fault of ie.
thanks for info.
greets

sun
nightingale
Hi,
I noticed since the new SL that player names are no longer removed after over a 100 days of inactivity. It wouldnt be a bad idea to re-introduce that imo. One reason is that when you search a name, sometimes a whole list of players come up that havent played in 4-5 month, and you have to work your way through that list while you're looking for somone who might have played only 5min ago (if you see what I mean). In any case, with the new SL players who are inactive lose rating points, so after 100 days or so these players are going to be at a rating close to 0 anyway, so I don't see why those inactive name should stay in the database. but these are just my thoughts..

Overall, I really like the new SL, good job SL team.

Nightingale
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.