Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ui_mp_x86.dll ??
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
libia
hello everybody..

I have installed Wolfenstein ET on my Windows Vista.. but when I wanna connect to a servers, there mostly come a error like this:
Game code (ui_mp_x86.dll) failed Pure Server check
and once I could connect.. but I was kicked by punkbuster (I don't know why)

does anyone knows what this error means and what I can do about it??

gr. libia

EDIT: I just found this file in the etmain folder..
NHLfan
I'm not sure if that helps, but for some reason this file looks broken, try to re-install ET, maybe it's also WinVista which causes this, I don't know...
sl.Binaural
Hi libia!
We haven't had much experience with Windows VISTA so far. Did you try to run ET in a compability mode? You can achieve that by clicking with right mouse button on the et.exe. Then you select 'properties' and then the register card 'compability'. There you can set options for the executable. Try selecting the Windows XP checkbox.
Greetings,

sl.Binaural
libia
@NHLfan, I already tryed it..

@sl.Binaural, I have selected the XP checkbox.. I'm going to try it now.. thanx zwinker2.gif

EDIT: it doesn't work :S
libia
it even doesn't work if I coppy the ui_mp_x86.dll file from my XP to my Vista :S
NHLfan
Well, maybe this will help you:
click me

Something about Admin, and 32/64 bit...
libia
thank you!!

now it works..
for other Vista users..

Right-click on et.exe (on your desktop)->properties->compatibility(or something :P )->vink the 'run this program as a administrator'

thanx everyone super.gif thanks.gif
Suffer!
QUOTE (libia @ Mar 20 2007, 11:13 AM) *
thank you!!

now it works..
for other Vista users..

Right-click on et.exe (on your desktop)->properties->compatibility(or something :P )->vink the 'run this program as a administrator'

For some reason my 'run program as administrator' checkbox is fazed out, I can't select it. Help! help.gif bash.gif
Murd3rWrap
QUOTE (Suffer! @ Mar 19 2008, 11:45 AM) *
QUOTE (libia @ Mar 20 2007, 11:13 AM) *
thank you!!

now it works..
for other Vista users..

For some reason my 'run program as administrator' checkbox is fazed out, I can't select it. Help! help.gif bash.gif

If you can find the program under c:/ program files/ wolfenstein enemy territory . and go to the .exe icon in there you should be able to right click it and run it as admin. I know it's a pain but that's what I have to do, mine is phased out like that too when I try it from my desktop.
mayooresan
thankz for the gr8 reply.. it saved my ass :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.