[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
EatMyBullets
Hi all,

i bought a new pc with this specs :

AMD X2 5600+ ( 2 x 2,80 ghz)
2 Gig DDR2 667 mhz Ram
ASus M2N-SLI
XFX 8600GT

with the settings at high and a resolution of 1024 x ?
i get in bussy server around 20 Fps!!! motz.gif
does sum1 knows why? or hwo i can boost my Fps

Greet Bullet
SickOne
open the taskmanager , go to the ET process , right klick it and use the last option , dunno how its called in english , you can assign ET there to only one CPU core . Since ET isnt supporting hyperthreading (too old) there sometimes problems with it , i have the same . When its runnin on one core only it should be runnin smooth with high frames .
EatMyBullets
very much tnx m8 respect.gif
is my GFX card k?
EatMyBullets
now i need every time with startup too set That affinity of the Cpu
can i save it with a thing?
frostwrap
Hey,

What do you mean with that taskmanager grin.gif ?? crtl+alt+del ?? and there is performance or something like that you ment that or taskmanager what need to reload ??
DeralteJoe
Hm I have

AMD x2 5000+ with 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram and my et run with 125 fps very good and et works under 2 cpu's....
frostwrap
(DeralteJoe @ Feb 23 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Hm I have

AMD x2 5000+ with 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram and my et run with 125 fps very good and et works under 2 cpu's....

ive got this kinda problem. sometimes ive got good stable fps then i stop playing and come back then my fps suxx in same server as much ppls and then i need to quit sometimes and start et 1-4 times and then ive got good fps again what would help me ???? depp.gif
EatMyBullets
Ye its crazy becuz sumtimes it works great without that affinity prob and sumtimes i get lag at feul dump etc
EatMyBullets
also works to update ur GFX card drivers
TomDome
QUOTE (frostwrap @ Feb 23 2008, 06:52 PM) *
ive got this kinda problem. sometimes ive got good stable fps then i stop playing and come back then my fps suxx in same server as much ppls and then i need to quit sometimes and start et 1-4 times and then ive got good fps again what would help me ???? depp.gif

You use Vista? ET loves to crash in the background under Vista when exiting it. You can recognize this problem if you use brighter gamma or other brighter settings in ET because your desktop will stay brighter then if ET crashes. Only way if this happens: restart your PC and the lag is gone again.
sillas
btw. after that artikel on crossfire i downloaded the freeware "Wise Registry Cleaner". it found over 2.000 safe to delte wrong reg. things^^ my FPS moved down from 125 to 60-35, when some1 called a arty. since that reg. clean ive constant 125 FPS, no matter how big the map is, or much arty ect. (on 1024 x 768 pix)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.