Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disable some sounds?
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
soulflymanneke
hi,

I like to disable the sounds like "only 2 minitus left" or "they've taken the objective" ! Those typically map/obj sounds??
Because I get lag, when those sounds come up:s

Somebody know the cvar???

thx
Ragnar_40k
QUOTE (soulflymanneke @ Mar 2 2008, 05:44 PM) *
hi,

I like to disable the sounds like "only 2 minitus left" or "they've taken the objective" ! Those typically map/obj sounds??

thx

You can disable voice chats by setting the cvar cg_noVoiceChats to 1 (though you will still see the text messages from the voice chats).

There is also a cvar for foot steps (cg_footsteps), but imho this should always be enabled.
soulflymanneke
QUOTE (Ragnar_40k @ Mar 2 2008, 07:28 PM) *
QUOTE (soulflymanneke @ Mar 2 2008, 05:44 PM) *
hi,

thx

You can disable voice chats by setting the cvar cg_noVoiceChats to 1 (though you will still see the text messages from the voice chats).

There is also a cvar for foot steps (cg_footsteps), but imho this should always be enabled.

yeah I know about cg_novoicechats !! But is there a way do disable the map related sounds, like "Tank is approaching?" "They have disabled the water pump" and so on ...?

Nobody?
Ragnar_40k
QUOTE (soulflymanneke @ Mar 2 2008, 08:06 PM) *
yeah I know about cg_novoicechats !! But is there a way do disable the map related sounds, like "Tank is approaching?" "They have disabled the water pump" and so on ...?

Nobody?

No, only servers can install mods/mapscripts to disable such sounds.

I guess you get lags not from playing the sounds, but from loading the sounds into memory. So increasing com_soundmegs may help, this way its more likely the sounds stay cached (don't forget to increase com_hunkmegs by the same amount).
soulflymanneke
QUOTE (Ragnar_40k @ Mar 3 2008, 05:35 AM) *

Nobody?

I guess you get lags not from playing the sounds, but from loading the sounds into memory. So increasing com_soundmegs may help, this way its more likely the sounds stay cached (don't forget to increase com_hunkmegs by the same amount).

Ok thank! Will try that!

Because I've got a good laptop and my et runs fine, but got mant "gaps" in my lagometer! Really did many things, but nothing works! Most of the time those gaps happen when one of those sounds play!

greetz
soulflymanneke
QUOTE (soulflymanneke @ Mar 4 2008, 08:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Ragnar_40k @ Mar 3 2008, 05:35 AM) *

Nobody?

Ok thank! Will try that!

Because I've got a good laptop and my et runs fine, but got mant "gaps" in my lagometer! Really did many things, but nothing works! Most of the time those gaps happen when one of those sounds play!

greetz

Com_soundsmegs, didn't help:s
dP.
i think u mean this cvar seta cg_announcer "0"

this should mute the annoying voice :>

and this other cmd is exactly seta com_hunkMegs "128"
also seta com_soundmegs "64"
seta com_zonemegs "128"
soulflymanneke
QUOTE (dP. @ Mar 10 2008, 12:52 PM) *
i think u mean this cvar seta cg_announcer "0"

this should mute the annoying voice :>

and this other cmd is exactly seta com_hunkMegs "128"
also seta com_soundmegs "64"
seta com_zonemegs "128"

I knew the announcer cmd, but that only disables the "fight" sound at the beginning of the map.

Things like com_zonemegs, I can change it in console, but he doesn't actually change it, because it always stays "latched", even when I add it in the etded.exe!

greetz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.