Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird lag issue..
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Tips & Tricks
Dinius
Oki Im rly sick of this, so maybe some1 has an idea whats causing it..

Most of the times I start up ET, I get like max 80 fps steady, and lag all the time.
Then if I set the priority of ET.exe to realtime, the lags go away for the mostpart, and fps gets better (task manager->priority->realtime).
Though like 1\5 of the times I start ET, it works like it should, I get no lags, rock steady 125 fps etcetc..
Also, to add, while playing e.g. quake3, I never get this problem or any related whatsoever.

Ive searched around a bit, and tried some stuff, like conflicting programs with ET, tried reinstalling, different configs, playing without antivirus, searched for spyware etc.. and many such things, but still, none of them would make any sense to me, because then it would be like this ALL the time, or in other words, it wouldn't work perfect some of the times...
Problem still exists without Punkbuster, and when playing locally (not connected to server)

btw Running windows xp, nvidia geforce 8600gt etc..

Soo,, Anyone has an idea of what is causing this \ how to fix it?
dP.
punkbuster.B/A = low priority ?
trojan/spyware/malware scan
defrag system ,
Dinius
pb is at its default priority, which I cant cahnge either, lags exist even if running wihtout PB at all..
Have both defragged and pretty much virus\spyware clean (checked etc..)
dP.
allright :,( i hv n/a then , maybe clean up ur fan check power supply ..
otherwise post if u solved the prob then

gl ,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.