Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Problems. [1337]Original Maps.
[splatterladder] Board > --:: RtCW/ET ::-- > RtCW/ET - Servers > RtCW/ET - Serveradmin-Lounge
ANARKI
Hey.

I was just wondering if anyone would know what/why the [1337]Original Maps would be constantly lagging all the time. No doubt most people would not know how bad it is due to not playing on the server. Although I was just wondering if anyone at all would have any ideas on what/why this would be happening.

The server holds a total of 32 players (26 public slots, 6 private slots) which most of the time the server has a maximum of 26-28. Server speed is above normal also. But I and a lot of other regular players don't lag at all on other servers, but recently it has just became near impossible to play on.

Is this due to files or something on the server itself needing reset/deleted?

The reason for this post is to get some ideas from admins/players on their own servers to help us in this situation, and hopefully revive this server once and for all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, [1337]Anarki
TomDome
Lag can be caused by fikes, sounds, settings on the server, also some maps give bad fps to play. A server should be rebootet once a month or ebery 2 weeks (imo). Also if the server has to handle more stuff now it can cause lag. If the connection has to handle more traffic than before it may also lead to lag.
Juno_Who
QUOTE (TomDome @ Oct 28 2008, 09:48 PM) *
Lag can be caused by fikes, sounds, settings on the server, also some maps give bad fps to play. A server should be rebootet once a month or ebery 2 weeks (imo). Also if the server has to handle more stuff now it can cause lag. If the connection has to handle more traffic than before it may also lead to lag.

Without seeing your settings, what OS you are using, files in your/etmain, and maps running it would be really hard to tell.

Oh.... reboot every two weeks????

etserver@whosgaming:~$ uptime
17:36:51 up 438 days,
Krauersaut
QUOTE (Juno_Who @ Oct 29 2008, 11:40 PM) *
QUOTE (TomDome @ Oct 28 2008, 09:48 PM) *

Without seeing your settings, what OS you are using, files in your/etmain, and maps running it would be really hard to tell.

Oh.... reboot every two weeks????

etserver@whosgaming:~$ uptime
17:36:51 up 438 days,

I think he was talking about the Enemy Territory Server's restart.

A server should usually run 24/7, thats why we call it server.

Reboot caused by hardware-upgrade:
Dev9Root:~# uptime
17:25:19 up 61 days
ANARKI
Yeah, it was the ET server I was referring to. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the help guys, but sadly, the server admin has now decided to terminate the server once and for all.

Anarki

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.